Exclamation Would you want the tinker class to both have Technology with a bit of magic?

As the title says do you want a Tinker class were it's purely techonlogy or do you want a bit of magic to make it more interesting?

I think technology should be the sole focus if a tinker were a class. Magic would put it into the category of techno mage. I feel there are enough things a tinker could do to fill three specs and still be their own thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree with Wolly; there's really no need to add magic to the Tinker concept. Technology is interesting enough, and we have plenty of classes that are already using magic.

If we want to make things more "interesting" Titan technology could be implemented into the class. Perhaps as a max-level talent.

Deleted
    Maybe, kind of like the Beast Hunter rifle. Ultimately it would be just a little extra flavour, but imo it doesn't need it.

There is a false assumption in your original post, two in fact.

First in that tinkers are not interesting enough as they are, the second in that adding magic to tinkers would make them more interesting.

I don't see any need to give tinkers magic if and when they are eventually added as a playable class.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    There is a false assumption in your original post, two in fact.

First in that tinkers are not interesting enough as they are, the second in that adding magic to tinkers would make them more interesting.

I don't see any need to give tinkers magic if and when they are eventually added as a playable class.
    On the first one,It's not false, it's called having a different opinion than yours.

Also i'm talking about Magic as in it's barely there like the rogue class even though it pure melee it uses some bit of magic to make it more interesting and powerful.

But Yeah Tinker class is already unique as it is already so having magic would be unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Wolly; there's really no need to add magic to the Tinker concept. Technology is interesting enough, and we have plenty of classes that are already using magic.

If we want to make things more "interesting" Titan technology could be implemented into the class. Perhaps as a max-level talent.
    What's titan techonology? that sounds really interesting.
    Last edited by Cyero; 2018-01-23 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    What's titan techonology? that sounds really interesting.
    Devices created by the titans. Almost all of them have immense power, and they're highly advanced technology. The only mortal on Azeroth who has been able to repurpose titan tech has been Helix Blackfuse.

The Tinker should have a resource, Samophlange. It caps out at 127. Is it magic? Is it technology? I don't know, but once your Samophlange meter goes into the negatives, you're going to see some serious shit.

I would prefer draenei artificer over gnome tinker any day.

But really, I think we could have both. Make what kind of tech the class uses based on the race of the player. It kind of happens a little with some classes already like shaman totems or druid forms, but I'd like to see Blizzard go all out on it. Let the gnomes have their guns and clockworks, let the goblins blow themselves up, let the draenei have their arcane laser turrets.

well it would have to have unlimited ammo for rockets and shit so there will be a bit of magic with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    The Tinker should have a resource, Samophlange. It caps out at 127. Is it magic? Is it technology? I don't know, but once your Samophlange meter goes into the negatives, you're going to see some serious shit.
    It would definitely need to have a electricity meter or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    On the first one,It's not false, it's called having a different opinion than yours.

Also i'm talking about Magic as in it's barely there like the rogue class even though it pure melee it uses some bit of magic to make it more interesting and powerful.

But Yeah Tinker class is already unique as it is already so having magic would be unnecessary.
    You misunderstand. Your opinion is not what I am basing this off of. I am basing this off of whether or not it is interesting enough to the general playerbase to be popular. While technically not a fact, it's not a matter of 'my opinion is different from yours'.

Also, rogues don't use magic. They never have, and never will. They have shadow techniques, poison, and the ability to hide (stealth), but they do not use magic.

That said, if you are calling what rogues use 'magic', then I would have to see what you mean for tinkers, as calling that 'magic' is extremely vague and it could apply to virtually anything. Even an ability like warriors' thunderclap could be considered 'magic' for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    You misunderstand. Your opinion is not what I am basing this off of. I am basing this off of whether or not it is interesting enough to the general playerbase to be popular. While technically not a fact, it's not a matter of 'my opinion is different from yours'.

Also, rogues don't use magic. They never have, and never will. They have shadow techniques, poison, and the ability to hide (stealth), but they do not use magic.

That said, if you are calling what rogues use 'magic', then I would have to see what you mean for tinkers, as calling that 'magic' is extremely vague and it could apply to virtually anything. Even an ability like warriors' thunderclap could be considered 'magic' for instance.
    Fair enough on the tinker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely tech-only

It should be both, like the description on Titanstrike:

"A peerless example of techno-magical engineering, infused with the power of storms."