Exclamation Varimathras MM - Anti Magic Shell (Blood)

Hello,

Yesterday my guild began trying to beat this boss in mythic difficulty. In HC and in NM, Anti Magic Shell (AMS) prevents the application of Misery on the Blood DK tank. Yesterday, every time AMS was used (before the boss reach 100 energy and also casts the Shadow Claws) the BDK eat the debuff anyway.

Is that intended or a bug? Is he doing something wrong? You can see the log here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Vhyt1J73zWTbLZXN

I primarily think that may be the damage is too high, the AMS is absorbing part of that damage and the debuff is applied anyway.

Thanks!

Its possible that its deals more damage than AMS can fully absorb, depending on how much more pairing AMS with icebound fortitude may reduce the damage to the point of AMS absorbing it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyhn View Post

I primarily think that may be the damage is too high, the AMS is absorbing part of that damage and the debuff is applied anyway.

Thanks!
    Yeah thats it. You get Misery if you recieve Shadow dmg. If you want to prevent Misery you need something else (Rune Tap for e.g.) on top of it.

On top of that i personally would not take Purgatory for Varimathras. The only time you are in danger of dying is around the Shadow Strike. And if you die from Shadow Strike (messed up CD) or the melee after it (late taunt from offtank) you will die with purgatory anyway because the misery debuff is too long and you cant be healed out of purgatory.

In General there are 2 Kind of Magic Debuffs. First is like Varimathras or for e.g. the first Boss in ToS or Mythic Cenarius; the Magic attack Needs to be fully absorbed by AMS to prevent the Magic Debuff.

And then there are Things like the rings from Elisande where AMS made you completely immune to the ring debuff (= Zero damage) and you could walke through the rings for the 5 second Duration of AMS.
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2018-01-23 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    Yeah thats it. You get Misery if you recieve Shadow dmg. If you want to prevent Misery you need something else (Rune Tap for e.g.) on top of it.

On top of that i personally would not take Purgatory for Varimathras. The only time you are in danger of dying is around the Shadow Strike. And if you die from Shadow Strike (messed up CD) or the melee after it (late taunt from offtank) you will die with purgatory anyway because the misery debuff is too long and you cant be healed out of purgatory.

In General there are 2 Kind of Magic Debuffs. First is like Varimathras or for e.g. the first Boss in ToS or Mythic Cenarius; the Magic attack Needs to be fully absorbed by AMS to prevent the Magic Debuff.

And then there are Things like the rings from Elisande where AMS made you completely immune to the ring debuff (= Zero damage) and you could walke through the rings for the 5 second Duration of AMS.
    Thank you. Then I'll change my talents and put "Rune Tap" in my arsenal. You were very kind explaining all situations. Have fun mate

Or try the legen cape to see if the extra 100% helps fully absorb it

Quote Originally Posted by UNHEILVOLL View Post
    Or try the legen cape to see if the extra 100% helps fully absorb it
    The cloak doesn't increase the absorb size, only the duration (and also heals you for the amount absorbed).

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    The cloak doesn't increase the absorb size, only the duration (and also heals you for the amount absorbed).
    Sorry, my bad, bad memory issues regarding blood tanking.

pairing ams with pretty much any other cd will full abosrb the strike and immune the debuff. Although its generally overkill to do so unless your other tank is a weak class on the fight and you need to take consecutive strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    pairing ams with pretty much any other cd will full abosrb the strike and immune the debuff. Although its generally overkill to do so unless your other tank is a weak class on the fight and you need to take consecutive strikes.
    Well, the other tank as you can see in the logs is a Brewmaster monk, who's probably the worst tank-class in this boss. The stagger is a huge problem, while having a -100% healing debuff. But he's a good player and uses all the personal and external resourses he got.

I tried last night with AMS+Rune tap and worked perfectly. I can bypass shadow claws and prevent the Misery from applying to me every minute. Very strong active counter-defense.

Thank you all for illuminating this dark BDK. Have fun playing guys (and girls)!