Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Sorry bro, I'm 42. If I'm a kid, then you're old enough to know better than to go on an insult rant because someone disagrees with you.

And for clarity, I was talking about World Firsts. While I can't say with absolute certainty that every single world first was achieved with exploits, I do know that every video I watched showing it done, and every person I spoke to about how they did it, showed some form of cheating. Whether it was getting hundreds of people to supply them, teams of people to help pull mobs without tagging them, or account sharing with people playing the same character in shifts.

Whether realm first or world first, it all comes.es down to cheating or exploiting to get ahead. Even you just admitted to helping someone get realm first, which points out a flaw in the system. Only one person gets the recognition, despite having a team effort. That's just a bad system.

So be angry, if that let's you vent. But it won't bring back a system that was obviously promoting bad behavior and practices. Your response alone tells me just how true that is.
    More than one person can get server first achievements, probably world first as well. As long as you both dinged within 1min of each other, you both get the achievement. My brother and I quested together and dinged about 10 seconds apart and we both have the achievement (server first lvl 80 Death Knight) for our server. We did it entirely through questing, didn't even use buffs/food/BoE epics, nothing. Just straight power questing. It all comes down to endurance and efficiency. We had a server first max lvl orc and server first max level warrior in our guild as well, all legit. As long as you quest faster and more efficiently than everyone else and put in the hours, you get the achievement. It's pretty simple. The few people who have cheated their way to it usually get reported and stripped of the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Simple fact, this leveling change is horrible, and likely causing players who are "done" with their mains current content to simple let their accounts lapse instead of leveling new characters like they normally would prior to a new expac. Bliz is losing money due to these changes, there is no way possible they aren't.
    Given what I've learned over the past few weeks, I actually disagree.

On the one hand players who REALLY enjoy questing can better immerse themselves in that type of gameplay. Taking their time and not having to worry about outleveling stuff allows them to stay and quests where and when they want.

But on the other hand, players who want nothing but raw speed can still use the dungeon spam technique. Weaving in LFD with Method-zero results in a fairly rapid overall level process, weighing in somewhere around the 30 hour mark for 110. It's not THAT much worse than before without blatant exp-potion abuse.

So overall this is a good thing! Options! Players can choose how they want to level. And I'm almost ALWAYS in favor of options.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can disagree all you want, you're wrong.

The people that "enjoy" leveling alts are int he vast minority. I play on 3 different server and in 6 different guilds. I can count on one hand the number of people in them that like these new changes.
    First point is true of you, too.

Second point falls in "well, quit making alts, then," to me.

The follow-ups are like any reviews: negativity is going to be louder, reducing speed/space is going to bring negativity. They pretty much got endless applause by speeding things up, and increasing bank/bag space any time that happens, or adding things which reduce travel time. Rolling such a change back brings massive outcry.

Forgot this: obligatory reference to "you can buy a boost," which is another controversial source.
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2018-03-21 at 09:57 PM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

You can disagree all you want, you're wrong.
    Eh...it's a fairly reasonable opinion backed up by doing my own research. You can disagree with me, but that doesn't make me "wrong"

The people that "enjoy" leveling alts are int he vast minority. I play on 3 different server and in 6 different guilds. I can count on one hand the number of people in them that like these new changes.
    Based on what? Your own personal experiences? WoW has, literally, millions of players. Do you honestly believe that your guilds represent a vast majority of all players?

As I said, having options is good. If you want the fastest system to get alts, then drop the money to buy boosts. Otherwise equip and enchant your heirlooms and do the leveling process(which is now down closer to 24 hours, after people have been doing research and testing to find the fastest methods).

And if you enjoy slower questing, you have that option.

7.3.5 made leveling up more diverse than it's ever been, and you're complaining about it. Stop and think about that for a second. And maybe actually take the time to look into the actual differences between now and before. The only REAL difference is that you can't drop a bunch of experience pots and level up in the space of 5 hours.

All I can say to that is "too bad". Buy a few less cigarettes, or lattes, or pizzas, and pay for a boost with the money you save.

All you need to do is look beyond your own personal bias and you will see the number of people shitting on these ignorant changes outnumber those in favor if it massively.
    Ooof! Pot...meet Kettle.

And the dungeon spam technique you tout doesn't work. The exp per kill is shit compared to the time it takes to kill, it takes roughly 45 minutes to do even a fast dungeon and you will only get a guaranteed level if you have missions to hand in. If you have a high level guy run you through you get even less exp per kill and you get locked out of dungeons super fast.
    Categorically false. You clearly didn't actually check your info. I personally leveled a character using only method-0. My time to 58 was 14 hours, which was promptly beaten by a player using questing+random dungeon queues from this thead: Wherein he reached level 57 in 9.5 hours with one character, and level 80 in only 16 hours with another(screenshots included in that thread for proof).

There are no options. The new leveling sucks for EVERYONE who is not a masochist.
    I'm sorry you don't like it, but it seems like you're just being angry and refusing to accept the facts. Or simply didn't even bother to look and now can't admit it.

~20-30 hours to reach max level is NOT unreasonable. Having the option to quest more slowly than that and enjoy the experience is likewise not unreasonable.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-03-21 at 11:00 PM.

I love people like you. The proof is right in front of your face if you just open your eyes, but you like the changes so you choose not to. All you have to do is go to the official forums and look at the shear number of different people complaining vs the same dozen or so defending and that alone proves me right, but you won't because you don't want to see it.

The proof? I just linked direct proof WITH screenshots provided(if you even bothered to look).

The simple fact of the matter is that I'm not wrong. And I can say that with confidence because I actually took the time to do the research and test the things I'm claiming. Can you say the same?

Yeah, I could go to the official forums and find a bazillion people (who ALSO didn't check their facts) making unfounded complaints based on how they feel instead of actual facts, just like you.

And your leveling times are complete bullshit.
    I guess I just need to hit you in the face with evidence then:

Here's the first character from the research thread. You'll notice he's level 80 at almost exactly 16 hours.

Here's the second. Level 57 at 9.5 hours.

Both using questing in "low level" zones combined with dungeon queues.

My own personal time was done using purely Method-0, which got me to level 58 in 14.5 hours. Multiple people have shown that questing in low level zones(that weren't designed for a person using a mount) is retardedly fast experience/h due to scaling. Ever since Blizzard buffed the random queue bonus, that's also been a useful supplement to raw questing.

The only way that is even remotely possible in either situation is if your Quing as or with a tank/healer combo. And if you get really good DPS. As DPS I sit in Q for 18 minutes on average, and even with quests I haven't gotten a full level of EXP in a single dungeon since level 25. On top of that dungeons are taking an average of about 40 minutes. Do the math, your numbers are so off the mark it's pathetic.
    Do the math, he says while completely discounting and ignoring hard evidence provided. Riiight.

The choice is dead. Leveling sucks now. And the majority despise it. You can lie to yourself and these forums all you want, you aren't fooling anyone who can open their eyes.
    You not liking something doesn't mean it's intrinsically bad. Instead of complaining, why not actually try some of the different methods provided? YouTube "WoW Method Zero" and use those techniques. Try actually following the guides and leveling paths exactly. Don't skip any steps. That means being fully enchanted, having the flight path books, the heirloom mount, and possibly even food, flasks, and pots.

Just because YOU can't do something doesn't mean it can't be done. And speaking of done, I think I've said everything that needs to be said. You're clearly unwilling to change your point of view, even when provided with evidence. So I think we're done here. Good luck playing a game you hate, I guess. :/
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-03-23 at 11:51 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the world first 120 snagged by one of the members of Method, now is the race for first DiD and MO to be the first 120 and the first to acquire their heritage armor. How's your progress so far?

- - - Updated - - -

Updated OP! Post your level 120 right away! I'm excite to see MO or DiD unlock and first mmo-c member having MO/DiD heritage armor.