Playing as a creature in WoW?

In a few games including some MMOs like EQ1 they introduced systems where you could basically become a creature in the world and hunt things and attack players. You get points based on how long you stay alive and if you kill anyone. But a death means you lose your creature.

Without getting into specifics on a single games particular system, do you think it would be cool as a player to take control of say a kobold and try to outplay questing players and other mobs?

15+ Year Old Account
    I would enjoy that greatly.

Deleted
    Funny Idea, there could be a toy or something that makes you a level 10 kobold, but I don't see why anybody should waste their time that way

Deleted
    Not possible as quest creatures hit like a wet noodle and are not able to kill players.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    In a few games including some MMOs like EQ1 they introduced systems where you could basically become a creature in the world and hunt things and attack players. You get points based on how long you stay alive and if you kill anyone. But a death means you lose your creature.

Without getting into specifics on a single games particular system, do you think it would be cool as a player to take control of say a kobold and try to outplay questing players and other mobs?
    Return of the WotLK zombie form! With an incredibly long cooldown of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Pls bring back the wotlk pre-event zombies!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    Pls bring back the wotlk pre-event zombies!

this, give us this instead of the scarab garbage that none plays.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely be cool with something like this. Could even expand it a bit, add cool toy rewards or something for reaching various milestones. Make the toy you get as rewards let you take control of different creatures in different zones, higher levels etc.

heck, could even take it a step further and make a micro holiday around it where, during the holiday, you can queue up to play as dungeon mobs too.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2018-02-12 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Just play a feral druid on a pvp realm kek

Deleted
    Eyes of the beast let you take direct control of your pet and see through its eyes for 1 min but blizzard removed it because it was too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I just want this as an annual holiday event.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well there's kinda a wq in highmountain that does this

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Hmm, this got me thinking.

What if some players designed a dungeon and turned into bosses, and the raiding team tried to clear them? Both teams having reasonable resources and freedom to create problems and solutions in a sandbox-esque environment.

Would be lovely, as long as it makes sense lorewise though(ie a warlock sending a demon, a hunter sending a beast).

Quote Originally Posted by Neversage View Post
    I just want this as an annual holiday event.
    Bolvar: Happy Zombie Day, everyone!
    * cut to Stormwind on fire as plagued rats scurry throughout the streets *