Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchbishopBenedictus View Post
    Before we added even more allied races, can blizzard please fix the clipping issues on the current HD player models. There isn't much point creating all these wonderful armor sets when shields, weapon and hair stick straight through them and looking ugly! Resizing some of the ridiculous shoulder armor and repositioning attachment points for shields and weapons would go a long way to helping fix this issue. Wouldn't it be better to fix the issue now with only a few models, rather than have to fix and adjust variations of the same model (allied races)?
    I dont care about such small things, there are plenty of bugs in the game aswel do they bother me? Nop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Even the newest gear clips and clips bad, they just dont really care..
    Chris Robinson was asked this at one of the Blizzcon panels and he blankly said it's impossible. Which it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Chris Robinson was asked this at one of the Blizzcon panels and he blankly said it's impossible. Which it is.
    Well, naturally it is not impossible, but I can imagine it is damn hard to do with all the various player models and all the 3D stuff they pump on gear. I'd imagine a lot of sacrifices would have to be made to make it happen and I am not sure I would give up 3D stuff and effects on armors and weapons just to ensure it does not clip.

Quote Originally Posted by moatheron View Post
    You say that but I've seen a few indie dev guys with comprehensive solutions to the problem. It just involves adding a set of logical paramaters, it can be added to existing code easily.
    The only comprehensive solution I know would be a high level detail collision detection, which is inherently computational expensive. They could reduce the complexity by using a low detail model but that would then restrict movement since the collision is now approximate.

If these people managed to solved the problem "just adding a set of logical parameters", they should patent their work. Lots of company would be willingly to pay the royalties, such as Havok, which makes a physic collision toolkit.

Stop making ugly ass giant armor and that would solve part of it

You get some form of clipping in any game. It's the nature of the beast and one that despite all the tech in the world... It's gonna happen somewhere if you observe hard enough, in any game. And that's because models aren't solid resources and those capabilities to restrict clipping, is quite far into the future if at all.

Clipping is just part and parcel of gaming. You know all the little quirks that makes a game a game, or a gamer acknowledges those little things... Like running into a wall.

I personally don't mind it granted some are annoying but I just work round it. I know for some things they will get there and once I start playing it's something I can easily forget. And I've spent easily 25 years playing across multiple genres, platforms and so on all with their own clipping forte. And I'd rather Blizzard spent it's resources delivering interesting gameplay then stop a cape going through my sword when it's sheathed. Resources from the company are better spent elsewhere in reality.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-02-18 at 02:16 PM.

This triggers me,