Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    To put it simply, half-arsed expansions like WoD which developers do not place much time and resources on.
    So like vanilla and BC? Because they were developed with much less resources than Legion? XDD
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    So like vanilla and BC? Because they were developed with much less resources than Legion? XDD
    This might be the dumbest statement of the thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Also, the phrase "filler expansion" means literally fuck all.
    This is pretty much all the thread needed, I am excited as fuck for this expansion, I don't know how in gods name it could be considered filler, like the fuck, is a filler expansion? That doesn't make any rational sense. It's an expansion, it has content, people will play that content, that is what every other god damn expansion has being.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Sorry but WOD was straight up filler. They did the questing experience and then just gave up on the rest. WoD is the only filler expansion in my opinion. Cata was bad, but it was not because they gave up on it. It was because I thought the content was not fun, and what they were trying to do just did not work.

WAY too early for anyone to declare BfA a filler.
    In fairness they did give up on abyssal maw sad times.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

Mop is just a filler expansion!

Wod is just a filler expansion!

Bfa is just a filler expansion!

15+ Year Old Account
    What is with all the "bait" threads in the past few weeks.

How about trying something new and original, like presenting a well through out opinion with sources?

*sigh*
    Here is something to believe in!

There's no such thing as a 'filler expansion'. This is an idea they are using for a fully fledged expansion, and it can work. WoD was totally out there and was not 'filler' for anything, it was probably Metzen's wet dream expansion (no offense, as I do like Metzen, but no point in beating around the bush about it). WoD is called filler primarily because it deviated from the story and was not referenced again. Well, that's changing now, and I am against it not being referenced, anyways. It existed, we may as well accept it. There are good things that came from it and the expansion, while the worst, was still playable.

BfA has the potential to be the best expansion or the worst expansion, and the 8.0 listed content is not going to define whether it is or is not. Look at Mists of Pandaria... 5.0 was awful, but by the time we were in patch 5.4, they had fine-tuned the content to being excellent and fun. Likewise, the aesthetics resonated with some people, and clashed with others; its success varied because of it.

In short, it's way too early to judge what kind of expansion BfA will be. But it's safe to say that it will be better than WoD, as very little is required for it to reach that threshold.

MOP was the filler and it turned out great. Next thread!
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Sorry but WOD was straight up filler. They did the questing experience and then just gave up on the rest. WoD is the only filler expansion in my opinion. Cata was bad, but it was not because they gave up on it. It was because I thought the content was not fun, and what they were trying to do just did not work.

WAY too early for anyone to declare BfA a filler.
    WoD was badly executed and a sad excuse of a product from a billion-dollar company.

It was NOT filler. Neither was MoP.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind "filler" as much as I do terrible writing and limited voice acting in an RPG.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The entire Legion expansion has moved us toward destroying the Burning Legion (which we did) and moving our focus on the Void. Now BFA comes out and they want us to fight each other, no mention of the void, and the big feature to draw us in is random island fights? Sounds like filler to me. If it isnt advancing the main story (taking on the void) it is a filler. Blizz has a habit of this. They made us go through 5 expansions to finally continue the Burning Legion story.

EVERY expansion should continue the story from the previous one.
    Gonna make sure to laugh when BfA ends up going from Faction war to Void/Old gods. Just look at all the hints.

BfA IS continuing the story, some people being too short-sighted to understand what'll go down aside.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems all expensions in any way follows the main story of wow nowadays. Or the main story follows the expensions. Either way, I don't see why it is a filler expension.

Btw, we need the silence before the storm. Would u want to jump stright from facing Legion to face the Void?:P
    Last edited by Magicon; 2018-02-18 at 07:41 PM.

There is only one first and one last... all the rest are filler.. wtf are you talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as the open-ended statements at the top of the thread without any meaningful definition of what a 'filler expansion' is or what 'the next major expansion' would look like or be about has simply led to endless pointless argument over nothing.

There was nothing enlightening or informative reading through this. Just frustrating since there's no focus or point.

Closed.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-02-18 at 08:10 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."