Shaman lvling in 7.3.5

Hey ,

since now is the alt building time i started dwarf shammy and till about lvl 30 i was haveing a blast.. However now im finding myself being really squishy, i know i should not compare anything to warlock with pet, but its totally different game to me. ENH feels more solid, but i really wanted to level as ele and maybe im doing something worng? I have looms (not full) and rest is ok gear , always up to date.
    Im talking now after the scaling hit of course. On warlock and paladin (just playing anything i am in mood now for..) i feel like im always in control. With ele shammy i feel like im nibbling the one stupid mob and praying the other 2 dont move..

I started recently leveling my new Shaman, currently at level 82.
    I kept switching from enha to elemental or resto for leveling. In some cases, under level 40, resto was dealing more damage than elemental. The lava burst crit was bigger on resto than on elemental, same gear. Elemental is very slow, putting up the dot, casting. I found enha faster at killing mobs.

After level 40, i started leveling only with Enha, switching to resto for dungeons when needed.
    I used the talent Rainfall for questing. Fully loomed, I could gather 4-5 mobs and dps them down while being healed by Rainfall. The Rainfall talent helps a lot with the "squishiness" you mention.
    When I got the instant (20 maelstrom) Healing Surge, I switched from Rainfall because I saw that I wasn't using it anymore.

Enha is very fast for leveling, instant healing helps a lot. Now at level 82 I am 2shotting Hyjal mobs, leveling is a breeze.

Tip: At 70-75 when you do Heroic BC's (and you should, up until 81, they are way undertuned), join as resto and play as enha. If for some reason you need to heal, you got your insta Healing surge that heals for half of the tank's hp.

Both shaman dps specs suck bigtime until 35-40, because Enhance doesn't get maelstrom weapon until 36(?) so your only resource gen is Rockbiter and the spec feels slow and boring. While for Elemental you don't get Lava surge until lvl40, so you have no instant lava bursts, no lava burst resets and as with Enhance the spec feels slow and boring.

Post 40, you can level as either spec pretty comfortably but Elemental still feels bad without your mastery which isn't until 80 iirc.

So, I have just got back in the game since breaking end era Cataclysm.

There are SO MANY changes to the way Enhance and Ele work and I am finding it quite fun and annoying at the learning curve and the crippiling of my rotations(personally) and spell changes.

My Shammy is currently 82 as well and I am running Ele with some cloth/Mail Looms. My issue I am having is Malestrom generation. I am currently doing the following
    Fireball>LB>ES>FS> Lightning x2> LB.

I could care less that it takes that rotation for most mobs(should be more but not running dungeons for better gear until I can get a handle of rotation and MS Regen), but should I be generating more than just 35-50 MS while Attacking? I liked Enhance All the way from BC to Cata but they really FUCKED it up since then and I find myself clunky running it.

What is a good Enhance Rot with this new attack system? Is my Ele Rot good for now or am I doing it wrong?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    So, I have just got back in the game since breaking end era Cataclysm.

There are SO MANY changes to the way Enhance and Ele work and I am finding it quite fun and annoying at the learning curve and the crippiling of my rotations(personally) and spell changes.

My Shammy is currently 82 as well and I am running Ele with some cloth/Mail Looms. My issue I am having is Malestrom generation. I am currently doing the following
    Fireball>LB>ES>FS> Lightning x2> LB.

I could care less that it takes that rotation for most mobs(should be more but not running dungeons for better gear until I can get a handle of rotation and MS Regen), but should I be generating more than just 35-50 MS while Attacking? I liked Enhance All the way from BC to Cata but they really FUCKED it up since then and I find myself clunky running it.

What is a good Enhance Rot with this new attack system? Is my Ele Rot good for now or am I doing it wrong?
    ... Wut? Fireball? You mean Lave Burst or something?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Thanks for the answers, i will try resto till 40 with some dungs and then retry. atm @ 33 i was on verge of abandoning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Wut? Fireball? You mean Lave Burst or something?
    ROFL....... damn got names mixed up......... Flame Shock is what I meant......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    Thanks for the answers, i will try resto till 40 with some dungs and then retry. atm @ 33 i was on verge of abandoning it.
    Dont abandon the shammy....... he takes some love but you will get there

90-98 is a breeze, doing WoD treadure hunting and bonus objectives. Got my artifact at 98 and went back till 101.
    101-110 was very fast, 1 level ~40minutes doing bonus objectives and finished up only Val'Shara and half of Azsuna. Did two invasions and ding ding.
    Dungeons seemed very slow unless a 110 joined the queue so I don't recommend it. If however you are buying boosts, they are totally worth it(with full looms).
    Just got 915 and two legendaries.
    Shaman enha is good at world content at 110. I went to Argus at about 890 (thank you unsullied armor) and didn't have any survivability issues whatsoever.
    Get Farseer as Combat ally. It comes fairly often and does a very good amount of healing.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

I also started to level a shaman and hit nearly 40 today. So far, enh is pretty funny.

Can anyone recommend a WeakAuras for Enhance ?