Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This post is a bit vague as to what a 'niche' community is, what a' progression system' is (in your opinion), and in what ways you mean that something needs to be equally 'rewarding'.

This post might have some potential for an interesting discussion, but I need these things clarified at the least.

For instance, I disagree that all content needs to have a progression system if mean like Mythic+ dungeons, and I also strongly disagree that all content needs to be 'equally rewarding' if you are talking about itemlevels on gear.

And a lot of content is designed to be pursued in addition to other content. No one logged into WoW just to do Mists of Pandaria scenarios, and likewise no one is going to focus on Island content. It's foolish to assume that every type of content should be treated this way. So if these are the kinds of things you are referring to, then I blatantly disagree and there isn't much to discuss.

Good laugh in the morning. Thanks for that OP.

But to bring it down to facts. EVERYONE SLAYS OPPONENTS. There you have the base of this game. Every activity in this game is just that. PVP, PVE or pet battles are just flavors of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What if i rephrase it?
    There is no in-game activity at max level that everyone does in WoW to pass the time.

Are we clear now? I'm trying to have a nice conversattion about MMO's in general and you are just harassing me
    I'm nearly 100% sure everyone does world quests which is a Max level activity?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    This post is a bit vague as to what a 'niche' community is, what a' progression system' is (in your opinion), and in what ways you mean that something needs to be equally 'rewarding'.

This post might have some potential for an interesting discussion, but I need these things clarified at the least.

For instance, I disagree that all content needs to have a progression system if mean like Mythic+ dungeons, and I also strongly disagree that all content needs to be 'equally rewarding' if you are talking about itemlevels on gear.

And a lot of content is designed to be pursued in addition to other content. No one logged into WoW just to do Mists of Pandaria scenarios, and likewise no one is going to focus on Island content. It's foolish to assume that every type of content should be treated this way. So if these are the kinds of things you are referring to, then I blatantly disagree and there isn't much to discuss.
    Just trying to say that we are all part of the game and everyone should have a progression system.
    "Equally rewarding"...maybe i dont agree with that.

I guess my point is that its better to create content for several little communities instead of trying to make content for "everyone".
    "Content for everyone" is always going to fail.
    Better try and make one small community happy at a time.
    Make this small community happy...and then that one...and the the other one.

Because there is no content that everyone likes.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-02-21 at 02:43 PM.

Dont you think Blizz is pushing people into doing raids by rewarding people with the best item level possible ingame?

Lets say, if Blizz rewarded people who do Random BG's with items of 950ilvl. Wouldnt you say thats "pushing" people into doing it?
    Yes and no. I mean all activities in the game are there for a reason and we can always imagine that we are being pushed into specific things to do to obtain X or Y rewards. But in the end this is a game, its only use is to provide fun, after that it's our choice as gamers to figure out what is the most fun to us and if we don't find this fun we always have to choice to look for it somewhere else in another game.

Also, the biggest rewards have to come from the hardest difficulty, that will never change. It's natural for players to want the best rewards, so there's nothing wrong in being directed towards certain activities to get these rewards.

As for your BG exemple, there have been several new things implemented in the game during its lifetime where suddenly there was a "next best thing" and what happened is everyone turned to this and it happened to be easier than raiding so everyone called that welfare items. It felt suddenly wrong to go get good gear without working for it so it was looked down upon.

Bottom line, the best gear has to come from the hardest content, that's just how RPG pogression goes. As for pushing people into activities, I think the real issue is the lack of secondary difficult activities. There's high M+ but the rewards are capped at easymode and I don't know why. Rewards from M+ could be better balanced with the rest of the game.
    PvP is a shitshow so unless they rework the entire thing I don't see how it can be mentioned in this conversation (and I believe PvP should be 100% competitive, which means absolutely no form of progression whatsoever, even the contribution of ilvl right now should not exist).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Yes and no. I mean all activities in the game are there for a reason and we can always imagine that we are being pushed into specific things to do to obtain X or Y rewards. But in the end this is a game, its only use is to provide fun, after that it's our choice as gamers to figure out what is the most fun to us and if we don't find this fun we always have to choice to look for it somewhere else in another game.

Also, the biggest rewards have to come from the hardest difficulty, that will never change. It's natural for players to want the best rewards, so there's nothing wrong in being directed towards certain activities to get these rewards.

As for your BG exemple, there have been several new things implemented in the game during its lifetime where suddenly there was a "next best thing" and what happened is everyone turned to this and it happened to be easier than raiding so everyone called that welfare items. It felt suddenly wrong to go get good gear without working for it so it was looked down upon.

Bottom line, the best gear has to come from the hardest content, that's just how RPG pogression goes. As for pushing people into activities, I think the real issue is the lack of secondary difficult activities. There's high M+ but the rewards are capped at easymode and I don't know why. Rewards from M+ could be better balanced with the rest of the game.
    PvP is a shitshow so unless they rework the entire thing I don't see how it can be mentioned in this conversation (and I believe PvP should be 100% competitive, which means absolutely no form of progression whatsoever, even the contribution of ilvl right now should not exist).
    I guess you are right.
    The hardest content should always have the best rewards.
    But maybe (just a quick thought) the "best reward" could be just cosmetic? Instead of being "power"?

Because everyone wants power. So this creates a paradox.
    Everyone wants power.
    You should only do content you like.
    But all the power rewards are in one place (raids) (its not this black & white with Mythic+ on the picture, but still...)

Just a thought that maybe "the best rewards" should only be cosmetic.
    Because right now PvE players have a small advantage over PvP players (around 5-7%) because the best rewards are in raids (and mythic+ a little bit, but more in raids)
    But is better to forget the PvP situation in Legion. Is a mess anyways.

I guess you are right.
    The hardest content should always have the best rewards.
    But maybe (just a quick thought) the "best reward" could be just cosmetic? Instead of being "power"?

Because everyone wants power. So this creates a paradox.
    Everyone wants power.
    You should only do content you like.
    But all the power rewards are in one place (raids) (its not this black & white with Mythic+ on the picture, but still...)

Just a thought that maybe "the best rewards" should only be cosmetic.
    Because right now PvE players have a small advantage over PvP players (around 5-7%) because the best rewards are in raids (and mythic+ a little bit, but more in raids)
    But is better to forget the PvP situation in Legion. Is a mess anyways.
    Well, "best reward" is subjective when you put in both stats upgrades VS cosmetics. It's very simple to see what a best reward is in terms of stats because it's just number, not a matter of taste, but when looks come in, it gets very different. Some people may not like the hardest cosmetic stuff to get and won't care. Or if it's really cool looking everyone will try to get it and if they all get it, they will all look the same, now you get into the discussion of people who don't like to be a clone of everybody else so they start hating the most used looks even if it's the hardest one to get.

Cosmetic rewards aren't seen the same way as stats rewards becasue they serve a different purpose, but in the end it will come back to the same argument of "being forced to do something I don't want to do to get what I want". This concept is pretty much inevitable and it's everywhere in life, we can't just get everything we wish for and some of these things we will have to work hard to get them.

Blizzard did try the hard to get cosmetic rewards with challenge modes in pandaria but it ended terribly, with people buying carries instead of knowing how to play the game, not such a good idea but I guess it could have been handled differently.

Everyone spends time aimlessly flying around Dalaran/Ogrimmar (and if you say you don't you're lying).