Thread: Vers question

Prot vers question

So I have been gearing my warrior up and all guides say mastery>=vers but i am having a hard time even with antorus of getting my vers above 10% with mastery about 55%. And looking at logs not alot of people have above 10%. So my main question is should i stop worrrying about getting above 10% vers and it will come with other gear from anotorus?

I have cleared normal with really no issues and have been up to kin'goroth on heroic with no issues.

thanks for the help i have just been stressing about this lol.
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2018-02-22 at 05:05 PM.

Without any links or bag items what exactly can people do?

Your stats will scale with your gear, what ilvl are you?

It's safe to say that when you read "mastery >= vers" that doesn't mean the percentages, but the mastery and vers "rating" that's the raw point value on your gear.
    ~10k mastery will get you above 50% easily, but 10k vers will be nowhere near that.

Not sure if this is about prot or fury, but fury's stat weights are pretty fluid anyway (having more of haste/mastery/vers will make the others more valuable), and for prot you can pretty much just take high ilvl pieces while trying to avoid crit.

Deleted
    there are no versa breakpoints ever. So you shouldn't ever worry about hitting certain amounts. I mean it just increases your damage flat, how could there be specific values to hit?

Im sorry guys this is for prot and I never realized the mastery>=vers thing was a value not a %. My ilevel is 944.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Without any links or bag items what exactly can people do?

Your stats will scale with your gear, what ilvl are you?
    It was just a flat question about the mastery>=vers thing so how is bag items going to help that i just need to know about that specifically. wasnt asking oh you should use this over this by looking at my bags.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    Im sorry guys this is for prot and I never realized the mastery>=vers thing was a value not a %. My ilevel is 944.

- - - Updated - - -

It was just a flat question about the mastery>=vers thing so how is bag items going to help that i just need to know about that specifically. wasnt asking oh you should use this over this by looking at my bags.
    It wasnt to tell you what to wear, its to score your average ilvl.

Your stats are fine for your ilvl, you should just keep going as you are.

I like to balance my stats as example so i have 28% Haste, 69% Mastery and 15% versa or so.

There are no "numbers to hit" just follow the general rule of "Avoid critical" and Item level (aka strength/stamina) with balance stats.

It wasnt to tell you what to wear, its to score your average ilvl.

Your stats are fine for your ilvl, you should just keep going as you are.

I like to balance my stats as example so i have 28% Haste, 69% Mastery and 15% versa or so.

There are no "numbers to hit" just follow the general rule of "Avoid critical" and Item level (aka strength/stamina) with balance stats.
    Okay. I didnt feel "Squishy" was just something i have been confused about. I dont have great leggos either and i have been taking the best gear i can at the time. It was actually making me feel worried about tanking heroic on that toon.

i moved some gear around and i can get at 30 haste 41 mastery and 10 vers at ilevel 942
    or i can move some gear around and get 33 haste 51 master and 9 vers at ilevel 944.
    or i can move some gear around and get 29 haste 57 mastery 8 vers at ilevel 945.(with this one i wear soul of the battlelord)

Like i said i have crappy leggos. currently have archimondes, soul of the battlelord, thundergod's vigor, timeless stratagem, and the insigina. I have been mostly using archimondes because it is a nice trinket and thundergod's or soul of the battlelord.
    if i am thinking right

if you had to choose between a 910 haste vers neck or a 945 haste mastery neck which would you use?

i appreciate all the help.
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2018-02-22 at 06:36 PM.

Okay. I didnt feel "Squishy" was just something i have been confused about. I dont have great leggos either and i have been taking the best gear i can at the time. It was actually making me feel worried about tanking heroic on that toon.

i moved some gear around and i can get at 30 haste 41 mastery and 10 vers at ilevel 942
    or i can move some gear around and get 33 haste 51 master and 9 vers at ilevel 944.
    or i can move some gear around and get 29 haste 57 mastery 8 vers at ilevel 945.(with this one i wear soul of the battlelord)

Like i said i have crappy leggos. currently have archimondes, soul of the battlelord, thundergod's vigor, timeless stratagem, and the insigina. I have been mostly using archimondes because it is a nice trinket and thundergod's or soul of the battlelord.
    if i am thinking right

if you had to choose between a 910 haste vers neck or a 945 haste mastery neck which would you use?

i appreciate all the help.
    Obviously the 945 Haste/Mastery neck, stamina is as important, there is no question there.

Also, as a general rule i put to myself, always keep 50% Mastery as minimum for the Critical Block.

As i said above, general rule to follow is Enough haste for smooth GCD aka 28-31%-->Mastery above 50%-->Versa.

Dont forget both Mastery and Versa give bigger IP.

Soul of the Battlelord is a great legendary since Vengeance weaving provides rage, and extra rage from Booming is awesome, you should never remove it unless bracers drop, even then its quite secondary bis too.

Secondly you should be wearing Thundergod's for M+ stuff or bosses with multi-targets.

Kj is jsut for DPS and stats, there are better legendaries, shoulders are good tri-stats etc.

As a tank you dont really give a fuck apart from starts or broken effect.

Bracers are bis, never removed.

Hands are BIS if you wanna DPS focus.

Belt is BIS for multi-tanking aka M+ or bosses with adds 24/7 like Antoran.

Ring with Shield Wall is great when you are undergeared or many phases of lots of damage and you simply wanna play it safe.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-02-22 at 06:48 PM.

Obviously the 945 Haste/Mastery neck, stamina is as important, there is no question there.

Also, as a general rule i put to myself, always keep 50% Mastery as minimum for the Critical Block.

As i said above, general rule to follow is Enough haste for smooth GCD aka 28-31%-->Mastery above 50%-->Versa.

Dont forget both Mastery and Versa give bigger IP.
    out of the leggos what combo do you think i should go with

out of the leggos what combo do you think i should go with
    check the edit

check the edit
    Thanks i have 2 sets i am going to toy with next raid night.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    33 haste 51 master and 9 vers at ilevel 944.
    I would choose that set up. I prefer to keep haste above 30%.

You dont have the bracers. Unfortunate as that's the "must have" legendary. Youll get it. If you have T21 2pc, I would go with the belt for most fights, even fights without adds. Belt decreases cooldown on Demo Shout, which, with Booming Voice, gives a bunch of rage, which can be dumped into IP, which, with Anger Management, decreases the cooldown on Battle Cry. Synergy ftw. I also like Timeless Strategem when movement is key; Imonar (the bridge), Hasubel, even Kingorath. Decent stats, too.

945 haste mastery neck
    Great itemization and 30 ilvls higher.

Thank you guys for the help. Much appreciated