Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I can already see Anduin falling for N'zoth whispers and becoming a raid boss.

Some Hate faction war
    Some still Play World of Warcraft

Hilarious.

As for the plot of BfA: Duh, of course it'll lead to a different story. How much or how little, remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-24 at 01:17 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    i am hoping a massive naval battle at the climax of the xpac, both factions clash and then n'zoth makes his grand entrance, destroying almost everything and the black empire all over the world, and we, the survivors are forced to flee to another planet until we get some strength to be able to retake our world, a massive total defeat for both factions is the only thing that i can find to be the real end of the faction war. and plus, the factions were the ones who make n'zoth so stronger because the old gods feeds on conflict.
    I like it. But sounds too good to be true

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I can't help but think that BFA has to end in one of two ways:

-Some form of systemic, long term justification for the perpetuation of the faction war. Something like Batman and Joker and the whole "you and I are destined to do this forever" schtick. A story told in a very mature voice that makes it make sense despite so much real world balking at the logistical headache of such a rigid faction wall.

Or

-The same mature voice tells a story that motivates, even if only long enough to implement the logistical feature that stays in the game for good (like the dungeon finder or dual spec), a way for people to play any PVE mode together regardless of faction. It's a future proofing move that seemingly has to happen some day, and this "faction identity" expansion is an ideal place to do that.

Either way, one of two player sentiments will be firmly slapped down by the end of BFA, by way of a story more mature than the norm. Either the people that live and breathe the faction tribalism in character and (unhealthily) out will be told "look, we as a company have promised to bring friends together, and we need the game to be healthy when half the population is taking a break," or the anti faction war hippies (like me) will be told "we've built our brand around this conflict. We realize many other games have softened or abolished their faction walls, we aren't those other games. We'll be fine. Choose your allegiance."

I for one think the deepening of faction specific racial choices almost obligates them to logistically soften the faction wall... but a similar argument could be made that populating both sides with opposite faction skeletons lessens that obligation.

We shall see. I think we can have our factions and still abolish the moment where you meet a WoW player at work... that can't play with you due to their faction specific commitments. That is WoW's biggest weakness, and I'm amazed that they seemingly don't get that. We shall see.
    Totally agree with you about second way...