Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalika View Post
    Got my 12th kill on wednesday, recieved the mission on saturday and still heroic cache
    If it is still the same as in WoD, then you'll get the upgrade of the mission only after the weekly reset, so if you got the mission in the same reset as when you got your eglectible kill then you won't get the upgraded mission just yet and have to wait until you get one after the reset.

Edit, also, generally you start at a higher cache than LFR if you've done non-LFR raiding in the previous tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    It's 13, full clear +2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    It's 13 bosses for ANT. I did 12 mythic kills on my monk and still got HC cache.
    Both wrong.
    It is 12. All of my Guild (and many of them, me included) even triggered a Mythic Chest thanks to Mainraid with 1 to 2 alts. Every.Single.Time with 12 Kills.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Both wrong.
    It is 12. All of my Guild (and many of them, me included) even triggered a Mythic Chest thanks to Mainraid with 1 to 2 alts. Every.Single.Time with 12 Kills.
    Weird then, my monk had 12 mythic kills (I did 6 1 week, 6 next) and got heroic cache, joined the run for 1 more boss the week after (to get 13) and got mythic cache this reset.

*Scrap that*
    Actually think it is 12, I remember what happened with my monk: I had 12 mythic kills but didn't complete the heroic cache mission that reset so when the new one popped (It didn't pop for my monk obviously) I had to wait 2 weeks until the new ones, but did 1 more mythic boss just incase and then it was mythic. So yeah I'll go ahead and say I was wrong and it was 12 needed.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2018-03-22 at 08:10 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's has always been a full clear +1. This question has been asked every tier since Highmaul and it's hilarious watching how many people have different answers. For Antorus, it is 12. People saying otherwise are wrong. It doesn't matter about weekly reset, or any of this other nonsense. If you kill your 12th boss on Wednesday at 5pm and the cache mission appear at 5:15pm, you will have a mythic cache
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Weird then, my monk had 12 mythic kills (I did 6 1 week, 6 next) and got heroic cache, joined the run for 1 more boss the week after (to get 13) and got mythic cache this reset.

*Scrap that*
    Actually think it is 12, I remember what happened with my monk: I had 12 mythic kills but didn't complete the heroic cache mission that reset so when the new one popped (It didn't pop for my monk obviously) I had to wait 2 weeks until the new ones, but did 1 more mythic boss just incase and then it was mythic. So yeah I'll go ahead and say I was wrong and it was 12 needed.
    Might be an issue of when it actually triggers. It's possible that if you'd completed the heroic cache mission, the cache after would have been a mythic 1 even without getting any more mythic kills.

Maybe if you get the 12th kill between completing the mission and the new 1 spawning it doesn't trigger for the new mission. It might only trigger if you have enough kills upon completing the old mission or something similair.

I got mine after 12.

Deleted
    Missions should work like WoD still, i wish.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2018-04-03 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    Wrong,see above or here: https://imgur.com/a/mdoCb
    12 kills if you look up the armory and yes i did this just to prove it.
    They literally said "12 kills".

It's the number of the bosses in the raid +1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    They literally said "12 kills".

It's the number of the bosses in the raid +1.
    If you have 12 when you finish the mission you wont get a mythic mission - tested with multiple other alts and guildmates
    Mission do not snapshot on spawn anymore so many people think its 12 because they had 12 when the mission spawned but killed an additional boss before finishing the mission.

The screenshot saying 8/11 doesnt mean this char has only 8 kills: )
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ock/sn%C3%AAks
    https://imgur.com/a/HgrSn
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2018-04-03 at 07:12 PM.

I've always been one of those players advocating for the "# of bosses in the instance +1" theory and it had always been correct for me. However, Antorus was different. I expected to get the mythic box after I killed 12 bosses. At the point I achieved that (6x Garothi, 3x Hounds plus the next three each once) I was looking forward to get it in the next mission. I was wrong, as I once more got the heroic version. I checked my kills in the armory, which confirmed my 12 kills. Then I thought maybe it takes until the reset to aknowledge the kills. The following box was still the heoric one.

Now I got two more kills and I'm curiouky looking forward to that mission to see whether it is mythic eventually.

My suspicion is either that something is bugged for me or that lower bosses count less towards the goal. Others in my guild got it with 13 kills. But they skipped the twelveth to confirm my observations.

Tldr: I did not get the mythic quest in two subsent missions after having 12 mythic kills.

Deleted
    I tested it with the second one that came with Antorus and it was 12 kills. I may have the screenshot around because I had the chance to test this kinda by coincidence.

The reward from the mission is determined at the time that the mission appears on your mission board. That can be told by running a script that gives the quest ID of that mission. The quest IDs are different depending on what lvl of reward the mission will give. If the mission on your board is heroic then you kill 20 mythic bosses before actually doing the mission, the mission will still yield a heroic cache. The NEXT time you get the mission, however, it will be mythic.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

I didn't get it at 12.. cache was heroic.

I actually waited for #12, went to complete the mission, and it was heroic.

People say 13, and I'm inclined to say it's true, and I was a firm 12 believer as I killed more bosses that night.

And no, in the past I waited and kept the mission until I had enough kills and the mission was mythic, so the spawn time is not what is used,but the completion time, when you actually accept the quest.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2018-04-10 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I'm still getting tomb missions every 10-ish days despite not setting foot in tomb outside of killing the 1-3 required bosses in lfr to finish the quest, so can't be tied to boss kills
    Triggering the mission availability is tied to boss kills. Once you have triggered it, you keep getting it no matter if you kill any more bosses or not.

If you continue to kill bosses on a higher difficulty, the chest you get from the mission awards loot from the higher difficulty after 12 boss kills on that difficulty.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career