Tracking Attendance... the best way?

Hi there! I am wondering for all you raid leaders out there: What addons or sites do you use to track attendance? Do you track who is in raid when the times begin? Do you track per kill?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried a bunch of addons as well as some websites that are typically used by teachers. I ended up using google form/google sheet to track attendance because I wasn't happy with the way any of the addons I tried worked, or they had other components I didn't like or want. The advantage is also that you can turn the answers to the form into nice little graphs so you can easily see that Bob Warrior makes 90% of raids.

What I did was a form where each "question" was a raider name with a radiobubble selection that was something like "Attended - on time" / "Attended - late or part time" / "Absent with notice" / "Absent without notice." I had attended/on time as the default selection for everyone so on good nights I just opened the form and sent it. Other nights, I only had to change the absent or late people. I wanted it to be as simple and painless as possible.I didn't bother including part time or sub raiders, but you could theoretically add an additional field question to manually write in extra attendees on a given night.

The graph interface for the form itself can show a pie chart for each question so you can see the actual percentages that each raider showed up on time or failed to give notice on absences.The sheet the answers go to will automatically add the date for each line of raw data, so you can look at specific roster makeup on specific nights.

It ended up being the best option for me by far since I didn't care about tracking loot or anything like that.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2018-03-19 at 01:37 AM. Reason: added details

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    I tried a lot of different tools and websites but at the end i always sticked with a simple google spreadsheet

https: //i.imgur.com/hMLTGN7.png

I remember back in TBC, my raid leader has an excel spreadsheet.

It's simple and old school, and it works.

If you log your raids to your guild at warcraftlogs, you can view attendance from there. It only tracks if character is present in a log, so no way of marking people late or being absent part of the raid or such. But if that level of attendance tracking is enough, it is there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a spreadheet in google docs where i write who was there, late or absent. I also have a formula to calculate attendance % for better overview. I also use another tab in the same speadaheet to track performance based on analyzing the logs(who gets cleaved, who stays in aoe, etc)
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

It's built-in in warcraftlogs

A good old-fashioned spreadsheet is what I prefer...

You can of course track it many ways but I simply assign two possible points per night. One point for being on time and another point for remaining in the raid and/or accessible if needed until raid is over. Total score of 2. A zero is self-explanatory.

This score is averaged out into a percent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use google spreadsheet. 1 = for full attendance/reserve; 0 = missed raid; anything between 1 and 0 roughly the amount of time the person raided on the night. No number means vacation or something. Color coded and added some automatic calculations based on various values to get my percentages. Takes time to set up, but you can customize it to the way (almost) to your liking and preference.

Deleted
    What Spotnick said!

^^ this does it all for you and can also be downloaded as a CSV file if you really want to put in on a spreadsheet, you can also indicate who you benched on any specific raid night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    It's built-in in warcraftlogs
    But keep in mind that if you don't have a paid account, your data isn't kept that far back.

If you're trying to track over the course of an expansion or even tier, you'll want either a paid account or another method.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |