Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As of right now on Beta, it will be "Spam the shit out of Frost shock" Spec.

-No CD
    -Slightly less damage than LB (45%vs.50%, not accounting Overloads)

I've said it before, if this goes live, find a comfy keybind for Frost shock.
    I had to dig this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5mD1n4v2JA

Published on Jan 3, 2006

I’m rerolling too. Gust of wind is the most fun ability of shaman and great to use in pvp, taking advantage of high ground and more. Goblin racial have a huge cooldown to be a decent replacement.

I think devs must think about fun. That type of ability is just fun and should remain.

Deleted
    What is the reasoning for removing gust of wind? Is spirit wolf that broken of a mobility tool? Doesn't seem that way though when moonkins can shapeshift+pseudo teleport/stealth.

They guess elemental is maybe sturdy like warlock...hum no thats not the case.

Oh yeah, WoW developers are clueless like they have been for 10+ years, that must be it

I miss my gust of wind in pvp, as a resto now i get destroyed by the dps classes who have speed mechanics
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    What is the reasoning for removing gust of wind? Is spirit wolf that broken of a mobility tool? Doesn't seem that way though when moonkins can shapeshift+pseudo teleport/stealth.

They guess elemental is maybe sturdy like warlock...hum no thats not the case.

Oh yeah, WoW developers are clueless like they have been for 10+ years, that must be it
    Mages, who not only remove our spells, but steal some of ours too! (Time Warp, Remove Curse, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Mages, who not only remove our spells, but steal some of ours too! (Time Warp, Remove Curse, etc)
    Don't forget purge and a (weaker) ranged interrupt as well! It should be pretty clear that the mage utility kit is quite a bit weaker than ours. That's why they needed a raid buff and the blink, and we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    To be fair, Mages had remove curse from Vanilla to Legion.
    Ele / Enhance gained the ability to dispel curse in Cata, while also removing poison / disease dispel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As of right now on Beta, it will be "Spam the shit out of Frost shock" Spec.

-No CD
    -Slightly less damage than LB (45%vs.50%, not accounting Overloads)

I've said it before, if this goes live, find a comfy keybind for Frost shock.
    Yup, it kind of works if you simply abandon mastery and go for crit>haste>versatility. Especially nice in pvp since higher crits are better than rather weak overloads in most cases. Crit will also help alot on your heals, especially if you play swelling waves, theres 2 heals that will be able to crit and if both do, youre getting roughly a 50-60% heal on one cast.

With the prepatch youre easily getting 50%+ crit and 25% or so haste at good gear levels, if not more. I am currently sitting around 40% crit, 20% haste with rather bad gear level of 202 on my ele alt. And it works very well vs melee and casters. Not much need to cast anything outside of healing wave and sometimes lavaburst if you want to bait a kick to get free heals. Of course, you will not have a high chance for a double lavaburst on procs anymore, but if youre using mastery as third attribute, you can keep it at around 50% so its just a gamble. The only downside on the crit stack is really that lavaburst does not get higher damage from crit rating anymore, which it used to get before.

I think is mostly about the fun factor that was heavly nerfed, the numbers can be adjusted

-> CD on flameshock sucks but it is a actualy good dot now, they should atlest reset the CD when the target dies, or if its a new target so it cant be spammed.

-> Gust of Wind was a nice tool to have and was really good with ghost wolf out in the world wasn't overpowered was just flavor(blizzard hates this now), dont understand why it was removed.

-> Having Echo of Elements competing with Elemental blast on same row sucks donkey balls, 2 charges on LB should had been baseline else its a game of whack a mole

-> Icefury being a patetic spell at this stage also takes some degree of engagement some ppl look with the class, this can be solved with a buff

Im still heavily disappointed with the loss of Gust of Wind. I've made up my mind to reroll my shaman enhancement and probably one of the last toons to level. RIP shamans
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.