Deleted

Destro Lock Returning To Game

As title says, making use of the free game time that's being handed out by Blizzard to give WoW another go. Not sure where to look for any up to date info, builds and rotations etc though! Would like to play destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Icy-Veins.

Else @Gaidax is the Destruction otaku here, perhaps you could try to fetch him for a few Burning Embers?

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    One hundred times this. Best source for Warlock information IMO.

Sadly, Icy Veins is not a very reliable resource for Lock info any more. To be fair the Destro stuff is not as bad but all guides have multiple errors in them and you are best staying clear in my opinion until you can spot what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither LOSS nor Icy Veins is perfect.

I'd actually go with Icy Veins because it offers a pretty good "easy mode" section that overall gets you covered in one, simple to understand page, which is ideal for new or returning player to get back in action without instantly getting overwhelmed by unnecessary details at that stage.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/destru...-dps-easy-mode

LOSS is good when you got the basics up and in order and start looking for things to optimize, do be open minded though, as LOSS has a bit of an issue with absolute statements that are not that absolute when you dig a bit deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

LOSS is good when you got the basics up and in order and start looking for things to optimize, do be open minded though, as LOSS has a bit of an issue with absolute statements that are not that absolute when you dig a bit deeper.
    Which statements stand out to you the most?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Which statements stand out to you the most?
    Examples I can instantly bring is underestimating Soul Conduit and Feretory as options at all, where they are absolutely fine to use with similar and at times better results like occasional cleave on Argus.

I much prefer their statements on stats, where things are put in proportion, as opposed to something like omitting Soul Conduit and Feretory at all, which in my opinion is pretty fun and clean playstyle without any 5th wheel abilities like CDF, something that is especially valuable for new players, because CDF is full of holes where you can potentially lose damage with it.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-04-24 at 03:05 PM.

Cool, I had no idea SC was still a thing tbh, I noticed some people using it on stuff like M Kingaroth but that's it really. Think I'll give it a go on my next Argus run.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Cool, I had no idea SC was still a thing tbh, I noticed some people using it on stuff like M Kingaroth but that's it really. Think I'll give it a go on my next Argus run.
    CDF is awful against immunity/99% shields, so it is of little surprise that Conduit is favored for Aggramar and Kin'garoth. Micromanaging Immolate duration to fall off the boss at intermission is possible, but it is not worth the effort.
    Last edited by Keldion; 2018-04-24 at 05:57 PM.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Examples I can instantly bring is underestimating Soul Conduit and Feretory as options at all, where they are absolutely fine to use with similar and at times better results like occasional cleave on Argus.

I much prefer their statements on stats, where things are put in proportion, as opposed to something like omitting Soul Conduit and Feretory at all, which in my opinion is pretty fun and clean playstyle without any 5th wheel abilities like CDF, something that is especially valuable for new players, because CDF is full of holes where you can potentially lose damage with it.
    While I agree that LOSS is not perfect at all if you actually read the ABT guide as well then SC is suggested on the some fights (where the boss goes immune etc). As always if people want to excel they should do their research and also consult log stats and rankings and ask knowledgeable players.

I think in a guide that people should be encouraged to use the usually best performing talents and legendaries. However, unlike some people on the Warlock Discord if after trying them I do not think that all level of players should continue to use them when they are obviously bleeding damage by doing so.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help guys. The Lock One Stop Shop website just doesn't seem to work for me at all. Just the same logo bouncing up and down when I click on any of the guides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    While I agree that LOSS is not perfect at all if you actually read the ABT guide as well then SC is suggested on the some fights (where the boss goes immune etc). As always if people want to excel they should do their research and also consult log stats and rankings and ask knowledgeable players.

I think in a guide that people should be encouraged to use the usually best performing talents and legendaries. However, unlike some people on the Warlock Discord if after trying them I do not think that all level of players should continue to use them when they are obviously bleeding damage by doing so.
    I think you don't quite understand what I mean - I'll tell you this right now - Soul Conduit is a good alternative to CDF in all situations, bar those where you use Wreak Havoc, not some boss or two. It is also, more importantly, a player friendly alternative because fucking up CDF is a very real thing with consequences and you are very likely to do it if you don't play top notch.

As for Warlock Discord - it's basically a cesspool. It's good only for pins and LOSS reminder by trained apes filling the chat there.

I think you don't quite understand what I mean - I'll tell you this right now - Soul Conduit is a good alternative to CDF in all situations, bar those where you use Wreak Havoc, not some boss or two. It is also, more importantly, a player friendly alternative because fucking up CDF is a very real thing with consequences and you are very likely to do it if you don't play top notch.

As for Warlock Discord - it's basically a cesspool. It's good only for pins and LOSS reminder by trained apes filling the chat there.
    Fair enough. Yes, I do not deny that SC is very close to CDF and it's harder to waste shards than waste CDF ticks/miss CDs/not have ticks buffed by Eradication. I tend to believe that people avoid that and the belt due to the increased RNG (though Destro has little) or just not liking the playstyle. Of course you get the opposite people who go for the lucky parses.

I spend a lot of time on the Discord so I am biased though I tend to go on there EU morning/afternoon time on there rather than peak. Aye, there is some elitism and toxicity like in any community (especially online). There is also a lot of advice and good that goes on there too and the Help channel at least is definitely a positive place to be usually (in my opinion) and Destro tends to be the friendliest and most helpful spec channel currently.

Yes, the guide gets spammed quite a bit. There's also a 100+ questions asked every day that is easily answered in it so sure sometimes people can get a little frustrated. I definitely do not agree with some of the behaviour by certain individuals but it is no where near a cesspool in my opinion.