Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    QFT.

Epics are like grey vendor trash now. Names of items carry no weight or clout anymore. Multiple difficulties ruined the prestige and sanctity of raiding.
    You can't ruin what doesn't and never did exist.

I honestly don’t care about that stuff at all anymore. Guess it comes with getting older/jaded. Sure if someone has a rare mount or something I’ll be like “oh, that’s cool” but I don’t play MMOs for that, I just want fun gameplay and cool people to group up with.

On my undead I still use the level 20 skeletal horse lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    PvPing Is the worst for this too, because we have no high end gear anymore. Which means, any casual sod who comes around to PvPing Is better because of "Templates" and his overpowered class balance than the player that's been PvPing for a year and a half since Legion.
    Yeah what a shame mythic raiders can't 1 shot fresh max level characters what horrible game design

Also this thread would be more relevant if it was made in like.. 2009.

7+ Year Old Account
    its a good thing they are making vanilla realms isnt it?

It truly is a different community versus when this game was new. This is partly why when Blizz brings up "server identity," I have to laugh... as server identity has disappeared with rarity over time. Even if they did, I doubt your average player cares about these things.

I cannot say game design hasn't impacted this to some degree, as the only things that are rare are things you cannot get anymore, or right when they're brand new before everyone gets them. For example, I was able to get my bear mage tower skin really fast once it was released, and I'd get whispers nonstop about how cool it looked. Fast forward a few months and content nerfs later, everyone's running around in the bear mage tower skin. What once was exclusive is now ordinary. Now I still like to run around with Death's Demise title on my Winterspring Saber mount sporting my druid xmog from MoP challenge modes (and I certainly have rarer titles/mounts/etc), but I do it mostly because I enjoy the look of it. Doesn't help that the older I get, the less I desire to put forth a lot of effort for something everyone can get over time.

Nothing impresses me now

When i see someone with a Black Qiraji mount i think 'Well they most likely cheesed it when blizz was opening up new servers with the gates closed'

When i see someone with a mythic mount who isnt in an established guild it doesnt impress me cause i know they prolly had a carry (yes i know they could be alts but that thought its always in the back of my mind when i see it)

Maybe its because iam nearly 40 that nothing really impresses me because i know nothing really matters to be impressed.