10+ Year Old Account

Single (solo) player guild reward system?

What if you just dont want to be in a guild with other people and want to go solo OR are in a guild where there's nobody willing to do weekly dungeons/quests/raids(in this case LFR would be the only way). I think for that reason, there should be a solo option.

What do you guys think. Good idea? Bad idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw, I don't think there should be so. The reward should be of that to group with people. Don't think it'll be healthy to reward solo play in an MMO.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Guild = an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.

What you are looking for is already in the game, i.e. not being in a guild. Solo guild reward system defeats the purpose of making a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    What if you just dont want to be in a guild with other people and want to go solo OR are in a guild where there's nobody willing to do weekly dungeons/quests/raids(in this case LFR would be the only way). I think for that reason, there should be a solo option.

There are already tons of solo options. I don't think there is any reason to remove guild perks/benefits. Honestly, I kinda feel like the game has gotten a little too solo friendly and there are barely any benefits to being in a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    There are already tons of solo options. I don't think there is any reason to remove guild perks/benefits. Honestly, I kinda feel like the game has gotten a little too solo friendly and there are barely any benefits to being in a guild.
    Hmm. I dont know. MOST of the (good) rewards can only come from working in unison with people.

Can you be more specific?

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe you shouldnt play a massive multiplayer online game if you want to be alone
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Hmm. I dont know. MOST of the (good) rewards can only come from working in unison with people.

Can you be more specific?
    Oh - I was just thinking specifically guild stuff (like the heirlooms or mounts or stuff like that). I did not think you were also talking about joining groups to do dungeons/raids or things like that.

So, you are looking for raid gear without needing other people at all? Like BoE or crafted gear that is equivalent, and does not require souldbound raid drops?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    maybe you shouldnt play a massive multiplayer online game if you want to be alone
    Not what this thread is about. Im sure your answer will be of better use in the appropriate location.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Oh - I was just thinking specifically guild stuff (like the heirlooms or mounts or stuff like that). I did not think you were also talking about joining groups to do dungeons/raids or things like that.

So, you are looking for raid gear without needing other people at all? Like BoE or crafted gear that is equivalent, and does not require souldbound raid drops?
    Not at all. More like, weekly dungeon challenges, weekly raid challenges.. Not looking for free stuff but, like I said, what if say my guild literally wants to do nothing. I mean i cant force anyone to play with me. Sure I can go out and find new friends but does it have to resort to that? Finding new friends who want to do weekly guild stuff?

Not at all. More like, weekly dungeon challenges, weekly raid challenges.. Not looking for free stuff but, like I said, what if say my guild literally wants to do nothing. I mean i cant force anyone to play with me. Sure I can go out and find new friends but does it have to resort to that? Finding new friends who want to do weekly guild stuff?
    That is a tough one. Sounds like you are in a guild that you enjoy, but the guild activity is currently low. You can always try PuGing some things, recruiting for your guild to get more active members, or things like that. Remember that you can lead those activities too, so you won't have to worry about the crazies out there who will require ilvl 999 for everything.

Just some thoughts.

If your guild doesn't want to do stuff with you = find another guild or try to solve the problem. If game would start reward for being solo instead of groups, it wouldn't be right. The idea of group challenge is to get X amount of people and complete them. Cooperating, working as a team. That's the idea, not to force them playing alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not what this thread is about. Im sure your answer will be of better use in the appropriate location.
    it is literally what this thread is about you ask about solo progression in a multiplayer game
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No, I don't think so. There's plenty of stuff for solo players. Before anyone asks, I'm a solo player (haven't been in a guild since Blackrock raid).

The guild reward system is to give the guild bank some money (although not enough) to spend on consumables to help the guild progress, rather than relying solely on the members to contribute. There is no reason to give a solo player rewards.

15+ Year Old Account

its an MMO, if u wanna play singleplayer RPGs, there are loads of options.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Bad idea. Times 1000. Want a solo game? Go play a solo RPG.