Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Lol, 13 years later people still expecting shadow to not be garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    In this prepatch we get squished really very quickly don't we?
    Its the same at 120 on beta.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    In this prepatch we get squished really very quickly don't we?
    Quicker than you can say "Why the fuck is Dispersion a 60% reduction?".

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Its the same at 120 on beta.
    Off-topic, but just wanted to say that you're the coolest ( especially your vids ) Shadow Priest out there. Your vids made me roll an SP in Legion. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lhotse View Post
    Quicker than you can say "Why the fuck is Dispersion a 60% reduction?".
    Comparing dispersion to almost all other dps spec in the games defensive is depressing, only shamans probably have a worse one but i think they can actually still attack/cast during theirs not 100% sure.

I'm not bothered by the 60% reduction but the non-healing anymore. This is much worse, I really miss it. Without the healing component Dispersion just feels like sh*t and is quite useless.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    Comparing dispersion to almost all other dps spec in the games defensive is depressing, only shamans probably have a worse one but i think they can actually still attack/cast during theirs not 100% sure.
    They can attack/cast, yes. And it's a 1.5 min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm not bothered by the 60% reduction but the non-healing anymore. This is much worse, I really miss it. Without the healing component Dispersion just feels like sh*t and is quite useless.
    It either has to be 90% damage reduction like it used to be for ages, or have the healing component attached to it, yes. In it's current iteration, it makes zero sense -- especially seeing as it is shadow's only realistically available defense.

Vampiric Embrace would be great but it won't do jackshit when you're more than 3 players in group and your ST damage is not that great. On top of it having a GCD.

Deleted
    So here we are. 8.1.

Anyone remember this post ?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sure do remember.

I don't expect them to do anything good for SP in 8.1. They'll tweak on numbers, maybe aura buffs but the gameplay will be exactly the same - and the gameplay is the problem, not the numbers. So everything substantial will be shoved into the next beta for the xpac after BfA.
    Basically hit the nail on the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    I sure do remember.

Basically hit the nail on the head.
    Honestly, who really expected they'd do anything substantial?

again

They could have done everything per Hotfix. they dont fucking care cause they dont know how. All the Good Devs have left this Game Years ago

Deleted
    Honestly, who really expected they'd do anything substantial?
    Blizzard said they would do major changes back in BFA launch and intentionally let people live in hopes. It could be interpreted as substantial changes.

And many people, including in this thread, were calling our claims hyperbolic nonsense.

Blizzard said they would do major changes back in BFA launch and intentionally let people live in hopes. It could be interpreted as substantial changes.

And many people, including in this thread, were calling our claims hyperbolic nonsense.
    Honestly, I really don't remember a time a spec got massive overhauls during an ongoing expansion. If they can't finish a spec in beta until launch it for sure won't happen in any later patch. It might happen in the upcoming beta for the succeeding expansion.

Honestly, I really don't remember a time a spec got massive overhauls during an ongoing expansion.
    Demonology during Legion, no ?

Who woulda seen this coming?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Honestly, I really don't remember a time a spec got massive overhauls during an ongoing expansion. If they can't finish a spec in beta until launch it for sure won't happen in any later patch. It might happen in the upcoming beta for the succeeding expansion.
    Exactly. The issue here is that they lulled everyone to false hopes, and had ignored all counts of feedback given in Legion, Alpha and Beta and didn't understand what changes were required in 8.0. I looked back on what you said in the first page of this thread and you summed up perfectly what they were about to do -- and it happened.

The reason for re-igniting this thread is to remind people that shadow will not be a functional spec for the entirety of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Demonology during Legion, no ?
    Where was that a massive overhaul? I am not that much into Demonology or Warlocks in general (although I had one on 110) but the massive overhaul happened in Legion alpha/beta and not during 7.0-7.3.5, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. The issue here is that they lulled everyone to false hopes, and had ignored all counts of feedback given in Legion, Alpha and Beta and didn't understand what changes were required in 8.0. I looked back on what you said in the first page of this thread and you summed up perfectly what they were about to do -- and it happened.
    I mean what I said wasn't really that unlikely. It's Blizzard. And we know how they handled balancing or class design during the last xpacs. It was barely better in Legion so I didn't expect anything for BfA - and I wasn't disappointed.

Where was that a massive overhaul? I am not that much into Demonology or Warlocks in general (although I had one on 110) but the massive overhaul happened in Legion alpha/beta and not during 7.0-7.3.5, right?
    Dunno that was a question, I didn't really follow Demonology in the beginning of Legion but I kept reading about "Demonology rework in Legion", so I thought they had one, actually

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Dunno that was a question, I didn't really follow Demonology in the beginning of Legion but I kept reading about "Demonology rework in Legion", so I thought they had one, actually
    Yeah they had one but it happened in the transition process from WoD to Legion (so in Alpha and Beta). They tried to fix Demonology throughout Legion but failed miserably. That's why they got another revamp in BfA Alpha...

Demo got some qol changes that every warlock got with soulshards being classwide now. But it boils down to the usual patch changes.
    Somewhere around Nighthold or tos they basically said they abandoned demo because they couldn't get the legion version to work in legion.

Don't think we will get something like this for shadow. They pretty much admitted that they fucked up class design. they don't need to go into detail =p

But we still have 8.2, 8.3 and the next addon, right ?