Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    What are you on about? You pay for the game to begin with, you should get the content you paid for. Have you seen some other MMO's like Warframe that release free patches? WoW also offers microtransaction in the store, let's not kid ourselves. Realm transfers, Race changes, Mounts, Pets, Transmogs etc. etc. Some of which are gated behind a paywall in a game that you have to purchase and pay a monthly fee. A little bit too much? The game is also 15 years old and hasn't gotten much of a reduced cost on the monthly fees since it's release. It's ridiculous that they still expect people to pay that much for the game. I guess they will realize once BfA drops flat on it's face and the sub count nose dives hard.
    Actually I start to believe that
    1; maintaining WoW's server park is expensive
    2; finding devs who can (and will!) work with the obsolete and veeery old engine of the game is hard and expensive
    3; all these technologies which can put servers together, with phasing, garrisons, war mode, etc. can be hard to manage

--> in conclusion, WoW is NOT WORTH IT for Blizzard. They want to kill the game.
    All these subscriptions, expansion pack sells, race changes, mounts/pets etc. are not worth enough.
    Oh, they do provide income, but other franchises have bigger margins.

They cannot just shut down everything, they need to make the game
    -hard to access
    -hard to access for new players
    -provide JUST ENOUGH to keep you subbed (hello timegating shit)
    -etc-etc

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Actually I start to believe that
    1; maintaining WoW's server park is expensive
    2; finding devs who can (and will!) work with the obsolete and veeery old engine of the game is hard and expensive
    3; all these technologies which can put servers together, with phasing, garrisons, war mode, etc. can be hard to manage

--> in conclusion, WoW is NOT WORTH IT for Blizzard. They want to kill the game.
    All these subscriptions, expansion pack sells, race changes, mounts/pets etc. are not worth enough.
    Oh, they do provide income, but other franchises have bigger margins.

They cannot just shut down everything, they need to make the game
    -hard to access
    -hard to access for new players
    -provide JUST ENOUGH to keep you subbed (hello timegating shit)
    -etc-etc
    I think an entire third-world country is missing its supply of tinfoil.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Is it raids? Because outside of that, I can't see much that WoW offers more than other MMOs which offer new content as a one price DLC or expansion, but without sub fee otherwise.
    That people pay it. Think a little before posting these threads will you