Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I do miss WoD. I liked many things about that expansion. The whiners are pathetic dorks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss WoD's class design, it was a damn sight better than the shit we have now...

Legion (and presumably BFA) had a lot of content, but the class design was shit, which makes that content not matter that much... I'm not gonna want to replay content very much if the vessel through which I experience that content is lame...

I got more enjoyment out of WoD than Legion because the class design was better, there was little content, but I could happily replay it because I enjoyed the class design, in Legion I basically quit playing after our first kill of the last boss in each raid tier and waited until the next arrived to start playing again. PvP was far more enjoyable too, I barely touched PvP in Legion because of Legion's class designs, but in WoD I was PvPing constantly (same goes for every expansion before Legion).
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-07-25 at 07:08 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Some people really really really like chocobos
    (Whistles the Chochobo Theme)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Considering that FFXIV has less content than WoD, I wonder what was the motivation.
    Don't spread lies. FFXIV has tons of content. The key difference between FFXIV and WoW is that content is not discarded once you level out of it. There is active rewards for going back and doing old content, and the game is built around scaling you down to the proper level to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    I wish I didn't. I wish it hadn't happened. I knew one day this might happen..but..

Guys...I think I miss Warlords.

Warlords had a shitload of problems, far too many to count, and destroyed the lore and messed up all sorts of stuff.

But man...the art team really put in some serious effort, and if I was to choose *A* garrison system? It would be the original system.

What do you guys think?
    If I had to pick any system, the WoD one I feel like was less intrusive if that can even be possible. That being said, I'd rather see traditional player housing like what EQ2 and LotRO had. At least that way, you can buy and upgrade your house and stuff. I think it would be cooler to be able to buy an apartment all the way up to an estate in SW.

WoD was a garbage expansion. I still think the pinnacle of class feel and gameplay was in WotLK. So much in that game worked so well. For me, the shorts they made leading up to WoD were better than the game itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Don't worry WOTLK was the worst expansion a complete and miserable failure during TOC tier, how could they put a such a shitty raid

Next year WoD will be praised has one the best
    TOC was pretty crap. I still remember thinking "what the hell is this?" when I first did it. It was just silly.

However, Ulduar was awesome and ICC was pretty decent as well. Naxx was also a decent raid, just didn't care for the idea of rereleasing a raid.
    Last edited by sil3ntearth; 2018-07-25 at 11:00 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    FFXIV has tons of content.
    Yeah, less raid bosses in all the game than in WoD alone, faceroll dungeons, reputation dailies. That's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    The key difference between FFXIV and WoW is that content is not discarded once you level out of it.
    With unsync added it is discarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I wish I didn't. I wish it hadn't happened. I knew one day this might happen..but..

Guys...I think I miss Warlords.

Warlords had a shitload of problems, far too many to count, and destroyed the lore and messed up all sorts of stuff.

But man...the art team really put in some serious effort, and if I was to choose *A* garrison system? It would be the original system.

What do you guys think?
    Lol people over exaggerate WoD's problems, the reason Garrisons were a problem is because of the content drought, the reason the hate comes is because of content drought. The entire thing flopped a bit from LACK of content. The content that we did get was great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yeah, less raid bosses in all the game than in WoD alone, faceroll dungeons, reputation dailies. That's all.

With unsync added it is discarded.
    I mean aside from the daily rewards for doing a random dungon, the ablity to do them to get gear and level alternate charcterss. Even old raids have a reward for doing one a day to keep activity up.

I don't miss WoD at all. As far as the visuals go yeah I think having first Tomb then Throne (and their related zones) be so similar was a little bit of a downer, particularly after the visually wonderful Nighthold.

But no, WoD remains a crap expansion on most counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you HAD to choose one though. You'd choose the ORIGINAL right?
    Yes. The MoP farm

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Check back in 3 years when the same poster says "Wow, I miss Argus. How cool is it we went to another planet?!"
    We actually went to another planet in WoD too.

If they had given WoD the support Legion got I would probably agree with you OP. I miss SMF.

On reflection there was more to it than I thought, but all those things were HIDDEN.

I finished questing to 100 and looked at my map in Tanaan and saw sweet F.A. I certainly didn't want to do missions. As far as I could tell, there was nothing to do.

It would only be when I was bored during Legion that I'd go digging and find reps I didn't know about, hidden useful features of garrison buildings (mounts? Pets? Toys? Infinite gliders and drums? WOD and below disenchanting? Iron Horde themed mog sets? None of this was on the brochure!). I found out about treasure maps that showed there were hundreds of secrets scattered throughout all the zones that I missed because they didn't glow, show up on the map, or anything.

Then I do some of the raids and dungeons for transmog and find the appearances were ridiculously awesome (really the start of my favorite trend of constant dangly parts and spinny bits) and the bosses varied and interesting.

I completely missed a season of the Brawler's Guild, which from my experiences with it in Legion are some of the most fun singleplayer WoW content out there.

Apparently WOD was where we got the improved grouping system that I gushed so much about in Legion. Not just LFR, but anything you want.

It invented the Goblin Glider Kit. Such a staple that I now never go anywhere on any alt without a stack of them.

It gave us (most of...) the new player models, which still look fantastic.

I don't think any of this forgives the lack of endgame singleplayer content overall and the overuse of extremely grindy reputations, but I'm sad for what I missed.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-07-27 at 10:01 PM.

I miss it simply because it was the last expansion I played with all my friends.

The thing I miss the most about WoD is I could log in, raid, then log off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know in the past, people have very vocally criticised an expansion while it was current, and then later on, it's come to be loved pretty universally (looking at you, WotLK). But I just can't see this happening with WoD. It simply had too few redeeming features, and far too many horrendously bad design decisions.