Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Renewal/Wild Charge Macro

Ignore that, I managed to figure it out, I'll post and leave this here since it took me bloody ages to get working lol and might help others. What this macro does is:
    1: Swaps between Renewal or Wild Charge depending on selection (You could add tiger dash also, I personally have that on a seperate bind though as it replaces Dash)
    2: When not in caster will cancel form if you mouseover a friendly and on 2nd press will fly to them, will fly to an ally if in caster already on mouseover/target.
    3: Will Leap/charge in cat/bear when targeting an enemy
    4: Will leap forward if in travel form.

#showtooltip
    /cast [talent:2/2] Renewal
    /cancelform [@mouseover,help,nostance:0]
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,help] Wild Charge
    /cast [@target, stance: 0/1/2/3/4/5] Wild Charge;

I personally can't remember what stances are what and even if all 5 are needed, but it does what it says on the tin which I'm thankful for.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2018-07-20 at 01:56 PM.

Fantastic macro! thank you so much for it been looking for a while for a macro exactly like this

Hey there, sorry I know this is necroing, but I really needed to. First, I want to say, amazing macro, literally does everything I could possibly hope for, except the one thing I'm here for. I should note, I'm playing boomkin, using glyph of stars (haven't tried without it, so not 100% sure if that's whats causing the hiccup I'm running into). This macro is almost perfect, but I can't figure out how to fix this one flaw.

1.I love that when I press the marcro in moonkin form (glyph of stars version), it does a mini disengage, like it's supposed to in moonkin form.
    2. I also love that if I'm in bear form, or cat form, etc, that if I hover over a friendly target, it kicks me out of that form, then i can press it again to fly to them
    3. The issue I'm running into - When I'm in Moonkin (glyph of stars version), if I hover over a friendly target, it doesn't cancel the "form", I just keep disengaging. Is Regular Moonkin form and GoS moonkin form different in some way? Is there something we could add, so that is included?

Again, thanks so much. Absolutely awesome macro, I just really wish I had the ability to use my disengage all the time, but if I see a safe spot with an ally, i could double tap to fly to them.

Any help is appreciated, thanks so much!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It works for me and I'm using the glyph of stars in moonkin for balance spec, and I know it also works fine when I'm resto playing with balance affinity (Which I do on fetid) I mainly use it for the disengage on that fight but sometimes I need to fly out of the breath and I've not encountered any issues.

Not sure what it could be, just make sure that you're mouseover-ing on both button presses, for me it's cancelling moonkin form on the first press (It gives me the warning/error message "Must be in moonkin form, moonkin form" because its trying to disengage but it can't because its removed the form and the next press then makes me fly. If you accidently miss the mouseover then it will just disengage so maybe its that.

Also if you're mouseover-ing on raid/party frames then it might be due to them being out of range (30yard wild charge range vs 40 yard healing range, without balance affinity or balance spec) and would therefore just disengage instead, but not sure if you're doing that.

On a seperate note, there is one small inconvenience that I found with this macro and its if I want to fly to an ally and I have Tree of Life active, it will cancel it even though its classed as caster form for the purposes of wild charge, I have tried to "fix" it by not cancelling but it seems there isn't a way for a macro to distinguish between tree form and caster without breaking the whole thing so if anyone else knows how please let me know.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2018-11-19 at 12:33 AM.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I'm standing close, but not too close to a friendly person, I mouseover their model, and I disengage instead of break moonkin form . Hermph.It also doesn't cancel "moonkin form" if I have them actually targeted. It's odd.

I should also note, if I manually cancel "moonkin form", then use it, moseover fly to to target and selecting a target to fly to works.
    Last edited by loraliromance; 2018-11-19 at 08:15 PM.

You can use the noform conditional to exclude Tree of Life from that cancelform. It is treated as a separate form.
    The macro would look like this:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelform (ATmouseover,help,noform:5/7,talent:2/3)
    /use (talent:2/2) Renewal; (ATmouseover,help)()Wild Charge

Note that the index of that form may be different depending on your other forms (if you have Balance Affinity or Stag Form for example).

For some reason I can't post a proper reply with more thorough information -- I just get the error message of not being allowed to post any kind of links

EDIT: Apparently it has something to do with square brackets and the AT symbol. Well, you can replace those in the macro I guess :/
    Last edited by Auvier; 2018-11-19 at 09:06 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loraliromance View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure. I'm standing close, but not too close to a friendly person, I mouseover their model, and I disengage instead of break moonkin form . Hermph.It also doesn't cancel "moonkin form" if I have them actually targeted. It's odd.

I should also note, if I manually cancel "moonkin form", then use it, moseover fly to to target and selecting a target to fly to works.
    Only thing I can think of is: Do you have resto affinity when playing balance, because that will shift the stances around by one, maybe try with using one of the other affinities to see if thats the case. That or Clique if you use that, any bind there can conflict with your own macros/binds....its something I heard on the druid discord atleast.

Or nvm, I just checked as balance with resto affinity and it still works for me :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auvier View Post
    You can use the noform conditional to exclude Tree of Life from that cancelform. It is treated as a separate form.
    The macro would look like this:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelform (ATmouseover,help,noform:5/7,talent:2/3)
    /use (talent:2/2) Renewal; (ATmouseover,help)()Wild Charge

Note that the index of that form may be different depending on your other forms (if you have Balance Affinity or Stag Form for example).

For some reason I can't post a proper reply with more thorough information -- I just get the error message of not being allowed to post any kind of links

EDIT: Apparently it has something to do with square brackets and the AT symbol. Well, you can replace those in the macro I guess :/
    Wow you're a genius, this actually works and does everything mine does but better. I'll repost it with the correct symbols:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelform [@mouseover,help,noform:5/7,talent:2/3]
    /use [talent:2/2] Renewal; [@mouseover,help][]Wild Charge
    @loraliromance Try this one, does exactly the same as mine whilst being much better also.

@Auvier I spent literally 2 hours on BFA release trying to perfect my wild charge macro to avoid having to use 2 keybinds (Standard charge and friendly fly), and had to mish-mash bits from various macros I found online and was proper chuffed when I did it and the ToL canceling was just a small inconvenience but you've just fixed that so thanks alot!

So weird O.o

Same issue even with the new one. I have no idea what it could be. I have it on my action bars, the space is bound to z. I don't use clique or anything like that. such a weird issue.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah at this point I have no idea, all I could suggest is try without any addons to see if one is conflicting with mouseovers.

Is it actually cancelling the form or no? If not, what if you remove all the conditionals so that it just always cancels form?

While I was messing around with it, I did manage to bug out wild charge once where it stopped switching based on the form I was in until I logged out (it was stuck on travel form for whatever reason; ui reload didn't even fix it).

P.S. What's form 7? I got: Bear, Cat, Travel, Moonkin, Treent, Stag, ???

The seventh form is Tree of Life. However, there are no absolute numbers for each form, since the non constant shapeshift forms get numbered based on all of your available forms. The table appears to be as follows:
    0 = No form (or as often referred to, the normal caster form)
    1 = Bear Form
    2 = Cat Form
    3 = Travel Form
    The rest depend on your spec, talents and learned tomes, and seem to be a priority list.
    (4) Moonkin Form, (5) Treant Form, (6) Stag Form, (7) Tree of Life
    I'm not a druid main myself, so I don't know if other specs have further forms, so that is a possibility.

So for example, if you don't have Stag Form learned, Tree of Life becomes form:6. If you don't have Balance Affinity (or Balance spec) Treant Form becomes form:4, Stag Form form:5 and Tree of Life form:6. You get the idea.

Also, what do you mean by bugging out exactly? By being stuck, do you mean you couldn't cancel the Travel Form even by normally shapeshifting or manually canceling it? If so, it most certainly isn't a macro problem, but rather some underlying game mechanic issue. In any case, without explicit steps to reproduce the problem consistently, it's difficult to say what's going on :S
    Last edited by Auvier; 2018-11-22 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auvier View Post
    Also, what do you mean by bugging out exactly? By being stuck, do you mean you couldn't cancel the Travel Form even by normally shapeshifting or manually canceling it? If so, it most certainly isn't a macro problem, but rather some underlying game mechanic issue. In any case, without explicit steps to reproduce the problem consistently, it's difficult to say what's going on :S
    As in no matter what form I was in, travel form version of wild charge was all I had access to. And yeah, it's not a macro problem as it affected the base keybind/spellbook as well, just found it weird and haven't been able to reproduce it since.

So, interesting thing I noticed today. It's only if I'm in boomkin form that it doesn't work. I used the mouseover to cancel form for cat/bear and it worked just fine. It just doesn't work for boomkin :/

Anyone have an idea why it's specifically boomkin it's broken for?