Best way to run a second account simultaneously

Howdy all! I'm looking for some general information on how to best run / multibox a second account alongside my main. Really just wanting it so I can farm and such while my main does other activities. Just have some questions before I just start buying the game:

- Can I put a second account on the same bnet account as my main and run them at the same time?
    - Will the second client share a file directory with the main account where I don't have to redo addons and such for the second?
    - How exactly does the phasing with War Mode on/off work? If one account has it on, and the other off we won't be able to see each other at all?

Thanks a ton!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    3xYes.

/10char

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozaparks View Post
    Howdy all! I'm looking for some general information on how to best run / multibox a second account alongside my main. Really just wanting it so I can farm and such while my main does other activities. Just have some questions before I just start buying the game:

- Can I put a second account on the same bnet account as my main and run them at the same time?
    - Will the second client share a file directory with the main account where I don't have to redo addons and such for the second?
    - How exactly does the phasing with War Mode on/off work? If one account has it on, and the other off we won't be able to see each other at all?

Thanks a ton!
    1-yes
    2-unsure is shared directory. Never really paid much attention to that.
    3-if one is on one off they will not see each other

IS Boxer is good software for multiple accounts at once.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

1 - answered above
    2 - they will use the same wow directory, but have different account folders within the WTF folder. Just copy your main account folder and rename it to the name of your second account, and you'll have the same settings.
    3 - answered above aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    3xYes.

/10char
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    1-yes
    2-unsure is shared directory. Never really paid much attention to that.
    3-if one is on one off they will not see each other

IS Boxer is good software for multiple accounts at once.
    Thanks! I'm not looking to do anything where I need to control both accounts movements or abilities at the same time. Plus ISBoxer really is a pain in the ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post
    1 - answered above
    2 - they will use the same wow directory, but have different account folders within the WTF folder. Just copy your main account folder and rename it to the name of your second account, and you'll have the same settings.
    3 - answered above aswell!
    Oh, thanks for the tip on copying the folder over!

ISBoxer is amongst the best choices in terms of multiboxing. really easy to configure for simple setups too.

but if you don't want that give the addon Jamba a try. really good addon for very simple multiboxing. some of my favorite features are quest handling and the following system.

Not looking for a solution to managing the accounts. They will be doing completely different things and won't be near each other, so there's really no need. I'll just put one on another monitor. Thanks though.

ah ok. was a bit confusing since you mentioned multiboxing in your original post. nevermind then. have fun playing!