Deleted

Twin Moons bugged?

Hey guys,

first off, I tried to find a thread for this but I couldn't. I used the search but nothing related to my question showed up. If there is already a thread about it, I am sorry for posting this.

So I am leveling a druid as a moonkin right now and chose the lvl 90 talent twin moons. It works fine when I am in combat. But if I am out of combat and I pull a group by using moonfire, it only applies moonfire to my target and not a second nearby enemy (who is def. within 15 yds of the target).

So my question is: Is it bugged or intentional so might not pull anything else that is not linked to the group?

Thanks in advance!

so long
    dyyz

Deleted
    the effect doesnt pull addintional monsters, if they are not in combat. So say 2 monsters are roaming around if they arnt linked to all go into combat then you'll only get MF on one of them. if they are a master and a pet, They'll both enter combet and both well get the MF. Dungeons tend to hav that group link so it'll hit 2 (or 3 targets with leg)

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply.

Well then it is bugged. I am out of combat and hit an enemy of a group. It only applies moonfire to my target and not to a 2nd nearby enemy, but it aggroed all of them.

I am going to make a quick video of it for better understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by dyyz View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Well then it is bugged. I am out of combat and hit an enemy of a group. It only applies moonfire to my target and not to a 2nd nearby enemy, but it aggroed all of them.

I am going to make a quick video of it for better understanding.
    Uhm no, it's not bugged.
    As stated, they need to be in-combat with you(That's why dummies doesn't work for example).

So if you attack a group of 5 mobs, they all aggro with that attack, technically none of them was in-combat with you prior to casting moonfire.
    Which then cause it to just hit one, and if you immediately cast a second moonfire with twin moon or lady and the child, it will apply it to a 2nd one.
    This is somewhat more noticable when doing solo-content(or playing by yourself), when in a dungeon the tank most likely starts by pulling a big group, getting you in-combat with the same mobs, thus is works right away.

Deleted
    Okay, then it works as intended . Thanks alot for the clarification! Thread can be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    the effect doesnt pull addintional monsters, if they are not in combat. So say 2 monsters are roaming around if they arnt linked to all go into combat then you'll only get MF on one of them. if they are a master and a pet, They'll both enter combet and both well get the MF. Dungeons tend to hav that group link so it'll hit 2 (or 3 targets with leg)
    Not true. It checks for combat before it hits, so if you attack roaming mobs it will never hit a second target on the first cast.

Also, mobs that lack attacks cannot be in the "in-combat" state, so it will never hit them as secondary targets. This includes non-tank dummies, but also mobs like the bats on Antoran High Command.

Deleted
    It's not bugged to how you're describing, but if you moonfire a mob that's next to a dungeon or raid boss, the boss will be pulled even if it wouldn't have gotten pulled with another single target ability.

The same bug exists for Lady and the child. Example - moonfiring the group of crabs next to the hydra boss in EoA will pull the boss, but if I taunt the group of crabs and only then use moonfire it will properly apply both moonfires to crabs in that pack.

Can also pull the Curator in Karazhan when pulling his trash mobs even if the trash mobs are far enough away from him.

Another example is Harjatan in ToS. The trash pack that's near him is close enough for Lady and the Child to bounce so unless you trigger combat on the pack before moonfiring you'll pull the boss.

And the cleaning robot and his nearby trash pack in the Arcway.

As a workaround when pulling groups of mobs - start by sunfiring as that will apply to nearby monsters and then moonfire as needed.

Not sure if it still applies with the talent as with LatC (haven't tried since pre-patch), but if the mobs were low enough level they wouldn't cleave the Moonfire even in both were in combat. Also had issues occasionally where the Moonfire wouldn't cleave on neutral mobs who were both in combat. Can confirm that Moonfire can still cleave to bosses not in combat, such as in Maw and Arcway.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Not all mobs do this but a ton of them will. In FFXI, it was called "linked mobs". In FFXIV, you can literally see this link on mobs occasionally. In WoW, it's just a guessing game. Typically, it's too be expected that any mobs grouped up will link to your target if you poke at any of them. It's like IRL, imagine someone picking on your friend right next to you. You're not just going to let them take that, are you?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Okay, then it works as intended . Thanks alot for the clarification! Thread can be closed.
    Easiest "fix" to this is to use Sunfire first, then Moonfire. That way you will get sunfire on everything (If it's a group) and then double moonfire right after.

Same thing happens with the survival hunter talent, it is annoying at best but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Not sure if it still applies with the talent as with LatC (haven't tried since pre-patch), but if the mobs were low enough level they wouldn't cleave the Moonfire even in both were in combat. Also had issues occasionally where the Moonfire wouldn't cleave on neutral mobs who were both in combat. Can confirm that Moonfire can still cleave to bosses not in combat, such as in Maw and Arcway.
    I think they simply turned the Legendary effect into a talent, so it should still be that way. Specificially, if the target dies on impact, it doesn't cleave.

I presume it’s so that when you moon fire you don’t pull an additional mob within 20 yrds of target. Would suck in dungeons, and whilst leveling. My tip would be to start with sun fire so if it’s a right group they all start tagged anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not true. It checks for combat before it hits, so if you attack roaming mobs it will never hit a second target on the first cast.

Also, mobs that lack attacks cannot be in the "in-combat" state, so it will never hit them as secondary targets. This includes non-tank dummies, but also mobs like the bats on Antoran High Command.
    what wasnt true? as i said the effect would not pull any monster that isnt in combat. how ever the statement about the master and pet both being hit is false. but if you use a single target spell and get ether the pet or the master / pack to go into combat. guess what, Mf well then spread.

So only the first statement is true. The enermy targets has to be in combat, not you in combat.

I only had the problem with Twin Moons / LatC pulling additional mobs that i was not in combat with (bosses in higher M+ say hello!) -.-

Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    So only the first statement is true. The enermy targets has to be in combat, not you in combat.
    Well, yes. That's what i was getting at.

Interesting note: The Shoulders and the Talent stack. If you have both, you get the damage boost twice and hit 3 targets.
    Last edited by huth; 2018-07-25 at 07:24 PM.