Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Very true for normal dungeons, saw many times green geared DH's running into low HP mob packs peaking for 40-50k, it was just crazy.

It changes a lot in heroic dungeons and mythic+0 with big pulls where mobs don't die in 1-2 globals are dominated by other cleave classes. I guess Havoc is great for casual content esp. when you pull the packs before ramp up specs can do anything.
    still very true in mythics at 340ilvl against equally geared guildmates, but only as momentum with 3/3 unbound chaos

Deleted
    Every class that has instant aoe is pretty set right now. You can inflate your dps so much because of how many low hp mobs in the dungeons. You simply spam your instant aoe and steal the dps from all the other dps in the party, and look like you're doing damage.

Warlock in general.
    If we don't spec for aoe, it's mediocre and slow.
    If we spec for aoe, its glorious but in return we loose all potential doing anything other than aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    You can disagree, but you're wrong. Ret AoE isn't necessarily low, but it certainly isn't up there with Outlaw's.

I can do fantastic AoE with WoA and DP procs, but likewise an Outlaw can do better AoE with Blade Flurry and Killing Spree/Blade Rush.

When I don't have WoA or DP procs, the Outlaw still has Blade Flurry.
    In general Outlaw AOE is higher than Ret, yes. But Rets in this thread made it sound like Ret has low AOE which isn’t true. Just because they aren’t the number one best all time dps doesn’t mean something is wrong.

Right now Ret has just fine AOE and great single target dps so there is no need to complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    In general Outlaw AOE is higher than Ret, yes. But Rets in this thread made it sound like Ret has low AOE which isn’t true. Just because they aren’t the number one best all time dps doesn’t mean something is wrong.

Right now Ret has just fine AOE and great single target dps so there is no need to complain.
    Which is what I’ve been saying all along, and I haven’t complained at all so quit that shit.

Glad we finally agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    Which is what I’ve been saying all along, and I haven’t complained at all so quit that shit.

Glad we finally agreed.
    You have to remember that my original response was to a guy writing “I’m Ret.. so what’s AoE”. This was the post I was addressing when I said to stop complaining. Not you.

Assassination: Adds are dying way too fast for aoe to be good right now.

Subtlety: Actually has very good aoe but it does take some setup to pull off. It's also very bursty and not sustained aoe.

Outlaw: Really easy and effective aoe in pretty much any situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM here - i lay down on keyboard and start to smash my head over where is binded multishot and let the pet make his job, top dps everywhere (336 ilvl)

15+ Year Old Account
    If a warrior does not blow bladestorm and kills them all in 3 seconds I do great its just I need like 6 or 8 to get all my dots on everything as rogue then it just melts.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Assassination: Adds are dying way too fast for aoe to be good right now.

Seems about right but i can still see 12-15k but I got some guildies to not attack a pack just to see what sustained looked like and it was fucking silly good dmg its going to fucking melt on high keys.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2018-08-21 at 08:07 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

As a frostmage it annoys me to no end that i have to choose between insta cast blizzard, icelance cleave and comets.. In legion i had all 3...

with all 3 the aoe whoudlve been great, as it is now its a little above average.

Pal here. And Lightforged :]
    As prot, the aoe is quite good, even while taking holy shield.
    As a ret, it's "okay". Not anything near the ultra-cleave-judgement-Legion-level, but with a good use of WoA we can pull up some great numbers.

If the Lightforged racial is up, no one is taking contest. 40K dmg in aoe is pretty insane. It's really good in prot, a huge threat burst on the start of the fight allowing for an easy kite if necessary.

Arms warrior here. It's pretty fucking great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    As a frostmage it annoys me to no end that i have to choose between insta cast blizzard, icelance cleave and comets.. In legion i had all 3...

with all 3 the aoe whoudlve been great, as it is now its a little above average.
    Over on the WoW US forums, Frost Mage’s are worried about nerfs. Frost AoE is top level regardless of talent difficulties compared to Legion. Up there with Outlaw right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy priest is quite good at it.

Divine star + holy nova spam.
    Managed to pull 30k DPS on 1 large trash pull
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhance sham - Doin' fine, just fine.

Affliction so what AoE? SoC needs a big buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    a little above average.
    And by a little above average, you mean frost mage is currently super meta and up there with the best specs by far in dungeons right?