BFA Feels Like a Huge Step Backwards

Let me preface this thread by saying that I've been playing WoW on and off since Burning Crusade; I've done PvP, being a top 25m heroic raiding guild and have experienced all the various new systems and updates Blizzard has put into place over the years. With that being said I wanted to take this time speak my mind on Battle for Azeroth and I why I believe we continually tread backwards instead of moving forwards in terms of class design and systems.
    -----

Starting off I have to be completely blunt, BFA feels like an extremely lazy filler expansion just like WOD or Cataclysm. Perhaps lazy is the wrong word to use because I know the WoW staff always put their heart and souls into all the work they do at Blizzard but there is absolutely nothing about this expansion that that feels new or exciting in any way.

The Azerite trait system is extremely underwhelming and feels like the old glyphs system re-skinned (path of the titans), two expansion in a row with no new talent rows added, tons of abilities pruned instead of given, and worst of all after WoW's 7th expansion and 120 levels deep we are now weaker in power than we were in Wrath of the Lich King which makes no sense; it's like we continually log in every expansion to make our characters worse than they were before.

The main focal point to this expansion is suppose to be the Azerite system but to me it feels extremely bland. I get to pick one passive trait every so often and forget about the piece of gear I got. There no cool new active traits to choose from like we got from Legion artifacts like Sindragosa's Fury for example or cool new animations, it's just more of the same. The worst part about this system for me is having gear in slots that can never be replaced, it just feels really bad that every time I want to increase the item level of my character I give up all the traits I earned until I level my Heart of Azeroth higher again. What's so sad is they removed class armor sets from the game for this, a long stay tradition that has been in the game for forever...

I know Ion has talked about this a lot which is the fact that ability pruning is needed because eventually every class would have 100 active abilities to manage and I get that, but there is absolutely no excuse as to why I have to go 10 levels higher every expansion and not get at least one new ability to play around with. I miss the good ol' days when we actually got excited to level in a new expansion because we got toys every other level, the feel is gone and so has the passion to experience the new content.

I know players have been saying this for a while so I'm no one special but this franchise is in desperate need of sequel now more than ever and not just for the sake of it but to allow new ideas and design decisions to flow. The biggest thing hurting this game right now is its 12+ year old game engine and how it's limiting issues getting fixed like the stat squish dilemma, input lag etc.
    -----

The one thing I will say about BFA is that the storytelling is very good and I quite enjoy the new cutscenes. Other than that, this expansion is going to be very long and boring; our classes feel as bland as ever.
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2018-08-19 at 08:52 PM.

The end is coming!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This thread along with all the other bitch threads are a larger step backwards for mankind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    The end is coming!
    Wow is dead I tells ya!!...DEAD

/sarcasm

This thread along with all the other bitch threads are a larger step backwards for mankind

^

The end is coming!
    WoW be dyin', mon!

It may be another bitch thread, but so far I can't really disagree with many of the points.
    Last edited by Heavens Night; 2018-08-19 at 09:01 PM.

I've said it elsewhere: it's not "lazy". It's "conservative". Conservative to the point of coming across as formulaic and dull, but definitely not lazy.

Deleted
    How was Cataclysm lazy or in anyway filler? It might not have been great but it added a ridiculous amount of stuff between 80-85 and 1-60 content. Lorewise it also included a lot of stuff very relevent today.

Deleted
    The end is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Wow is dead I tells ya!!...DEAD

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post

^

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    WoW be dyin', mon!
    The irony is palpable. OP puts out an argument meanwhile you practice pointless shitposting because you disagree, thinking you're somehow making a clever statement

I think most of this is legit critique. I haven't logged in a couple days and the sub has ran out. Maybe I'll get the itch to log back in again in a few weeks. Don't mind the fanatics who will brush everything aside with snarky comments and insults, because that's all they can apparently do.
    Last edited by metzger84; 2018-08-19 at 09:07 PM.

OP puts out an argument meanwhile you practice pointless shitposting
    Like 100 Posts before, no one cares if some Random guy does not have fun anymore in a game, just leave and stop crying with obvious lies like "Filler" Expansions. World of Warcraft developed for some in the right way, for other in the wrong way. That's just fucking life, deal with it or stop trying and bring up some lazy lies to justify your opinion.

BFA is as good as every expansion before on Release, nothing special and nothing really bad.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2018-08-19 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has gone south pretty quickly. It's true enough that we have more threads like this than we need although I'm always a bit hesitant to close threads where the OP has put in some work to construct a decent post.

Nonetheless, there are threads for "BfA is Lazy" and "Bfa is Stale" as well as all sorts of threads about Azerite Armor, personal issues with classes and the rest.

I would invite itzLCD to take his post and copy/paste it into an already existing thread since I think there's something there to discuss. At the end of the day we simply can't allow every single person with an opinion to create their own thread.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."