Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    I didn't say it was a requirement, I said it made things a lot easier. You have easier access to your utility spells and CDs. Your right(or left depending) hand dedicated to healing/shape shifting, left hand everything else. I have 25 key binds between my keyboard and mouse. Can I move them all to my keyboard? Sure technically. But CTRL or ALT requires finger gymnastics with a high margin of error for hitting the wrong key.
    Yeah I don't use that many key binds to heal and frankly, I mostly play on my laptop, kicked back on the sofa so the trackpad works (and yes, I use arrow keys to move... it's VERY suboptimal but I usually take far less damage and die less than everyone else... awareness is all)

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Monks are definitely the better healer. They have 1/4 the utility of a rdruid and way less dps potential.
    I mean, they have a baseline aoe stun and ring of OP, as well as a cc they can use as an interrupt. What does a resto druid offer?
    They also don't need to waste one GCD in order to do dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    with Typhoon/Mass Entangle, Vortex a druid can help with the tank kiting oft required these days a lot more than a MW can while adding more DPS.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

but the MW can simply burst heal the tank...

joking, but not completely.

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    with Typhoon/Mass Entangle, Vortex a druid can help with the tank kiting oft required these days a lot more than a MW can while adding more DPS.
    Monk's AoE stun and ring can help kiting just as well though, can't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Monk's AoE stun and ring can help kiting just as well though, can't it?
    Snares are much better for mass AoE kiting than a 3 second stun. and a 5 second safe zone. Strong single target roots/hibernate are also very clutch for affixes like Infested. Mass entangle makes the first boss in Kings rest a joke even in high tyranical keys.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

I ran with Tree and Stonebark the other week. I now switched back to cult and blossom. Both with abundance and germ.
    I think it comes down to the individual play style.

If you play without cult and blossom, u get 2 hots less, so thats 20% less throughput healing. But you will have tree available to pop when healing isnt enough. And this is exactly where the issue is: Not having enough throughout healing, due to low mastery stacks, you will be forced to pop tree/tranq/CDs more often.
    Playing with cult and blossom keeps you at a more ssteady level of healing, so you don't have to pop tree/tranq/CDs, because you dont get into the situation where you healing througout isn't enough.

So if I play tree/bark/germ or cult/bloss/germ, its about the same really. I switched there and back, and both seem to work for me. However I kinda prefer cult/blossom just of the mastery stacks, with abundance - having 2 more stacks, regrowth is kinda the "oh shit heal" cos it crits pretty good.
    (My experience is based on < M+10)

My problem is that, I have a tank friend, she's starting to outgear me, and we pug mythic 3s and 4s. Sometimes we get stopped, and I can't get us through a boss because the fight is taking too long (dps being bad) or the healing is too high (dps ignoring mechanics). My gear is all over the place for secondary stats due to using what I can get, and not really knowing what to stack (man I miss haste breakpoint builds and reforging).

So I'm running ward, tree, the one with tranq on 2 min cd, and flourish. I have better gear than I did the last time I stepped away from the big burst CDs of these, but it was so hard to not have that punch when it was needed. I'm blowing a big CD just to get us through each trash pack, since CC is like nonexistent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodaline View Post
    My problem is that, I have a tank friend, she's starting to outgear me, and we pug mythic 3s and 4s. Sometimes we get stopped, and I can't get us through a boss because the fight is taking too long (dps being bad) or the healing is too high (dps ignoring mechanics). My gear is all over the place for secondary stats due to using what I can get, and not really knowing what to stack (man I miss haste breakpoint builds and reforging).

So I'm running ward, tree, the one with tranq on 2 min cd, and flourish. I have better gear than I did the last time I stepped away from the big burst CDs of these, but it was so hard to not have that punch when it was needed. I'm blowing a big CD just to get us through each trash pack, since CC is like nonexistent.
    Not that I'm an expert, but if you're running M+ I think you're better of going Cultivation, Spring Blossoms/Stonebark and Germination. Pair it up with Abundance and make sure you maintain two Rejuvenations on the tank and at least one one everyone else. That way you can easily get to two or three mastery stacks before Cultivation is activated and this, along with Abundance, will make Regrowth quite powerful. I personally find Cenarion Ward to be insufficient from time to time, if there's more damage going out than the cooldown of the spell.

Also, remember that in dungeons you shouldn't worry too much about mana since you can drink between every pack.

As for stats, I don't think you need to stack anything specifically because our stats are very close. You can read more at questionablyepic.com where I believe you can also find the Restoration Druid Discord server!
    Last edited by mmoc0f55b19b7c; 2018-10-01 at 11:01 PM.

It's a nice site.

Boss fights are the mana problem in 5s.

The problem is that it's a gamble to get a build that allows you great healing *IF* you stay ahead of the damage and no way of recovering otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I followed some of questionablyepics's advice and stepped away from flourish and cen ward. Also went to guardian affinity for the free heal. At the mid level mythics I am running, the boss fights are less problems than the trash trains, so I am trying to keep people up over doing damage, although I'll dot and wrath spam free gcds, so the free heal of renewal and frenzied regen save mana and put my swiftmend on someone else other than me.

I do like the abundance and germination synergy. My tank loved it. I will miss flourish. Such a boss, OP, make you feel like a god for ten sec talent. Running Inner Peace for the moment to save the group. Stonebark is good as well. Not doing the flowers since I'm not raiding. With 6 stacks of abundance, some of those regrowths were crunchy good. 350 ilvl, biggest heal I sent was about 60% of tanks life. Skada has me doing 10k hps on most bosses. Wish I could raid, but I work at 630 in the am,