Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    yes, this is annoying... not a fan
    waiting to see if i get OH, to use my 380 weapon.. and it will be back to haunt me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    This is what happens when Blizzard thinks enabling autoattack for everybody after an offensive spell is much, much better than having Enhancement-Shaman write a /startattack macro for their shocks.

Welcome to WoW 2.0!

OT: This bug likely impacts all classes that can equip wands. Wands are just the only weapon that causes a GCD on shooting it, which is intended, because otherwise they would obviously be the best weapon choice for all casters.

And that's why it is not easy to fix. They cannot remove the GCD from wands, as that would make them OP. They likely don't want to revert the change of all casts starting autoattack....so what will they do? Turn wands into melee-weapons? That would be so incredibly stupid i cannot even....

....yep! That's what they are going to do. Turn wands into melee-weapons.
    It does not. My mage has a wand, and he doesn't start auto attacking after after a spell. Whatever this bug is, it must be priest specific. Besides, auto attacks have always happened independent of the gcd.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    It does not. My mage has a wand, and he doesn't start auto attacking after after a spell. Whatever this bug is, it must be priest specific. Besides, auto attacks have always happened independent of the gcd.
    It's not priest specific because it happens to both my warlock and priest. I noticed it about 2 months ago. I eventually figured out the /stopattack trick. It's just wands and some spells seem to trigger it. Perhaps mages don't have any that do. Though it seems very inconsistent as to what starts it. It's not simply being in combat. It's not after casting any spell at all. I've noticed it specifically with smite and hand of gul'dan but it doesn't always trigger. When it does it locks me into the wand attack animation and won't let me start casting until I shoot with the wand.

Still filing bug reports whenever I think of it. Still nothing being done, very annoying. I hate having a wand!

Deleted

https://imgur.com/iW9IcDR

Have asked if he/she can help me get this submitted properly and acknowledged, no response back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Apparently this has been an issue since BFA release/pre-patch. When using a wand, there will sometimes be a bug with the gcd after a cast of Smite causing a delay in your next cast. Here's a gif someone else made of the issue (ignore his addons as the same thing happens with the base UI): https://giphy.com/gifs/wHXgiORMl1VvkVRnUT. This does not happen when using a 2h or mace/dagger (though, some reported it happening with other 1h's, I did not experience this personally).

This makes wands virtually useless for disc and holy priests and considering we're going into arena season 1/mythic+/raiding next week, I consider this to be a pretty crucial bug since you will be unable to use any wand you may get as a drop even if it's an upgrade.

People have been posting about it on the official bug forums and saying they've been submitting bug reports ingame too, but there has been absolutely no acknowledgement from Blizzard whatsoever. I'm not sure what else I can do

Does it disappear if you transmogrify the wand to something else (if that's even possible).

Does it disappear if you transmogrify the wand to something else (if that's even possible).
    You cant transmog wands into anything but other wands sadly. Really really surprised this hasnt been addressed yet </3

I tried to recreate this issue on multiple characters with no luck.

Even if I use right click instead of left click to target mobs, after I cast smite my autoattack stops.

I'm really curious, maybe someone can share a video of their character showing the problem?

Edit: Maybe the first step would be to equip a melee weapon and start casting on top of the target to see if you melee attack as well?

Then we know it's bigger than wands.

Edit 2: The other day I was having a problem with dispelling mobs. Something that worked for me for years all of a sudden stopped working. I was going crazy. Then I opened my spell book and used dispel from there. It worked. The dispel I had on my bars (not a macro) was still not.

I dragged the spell to the bars again and it started working properly again. Maybe try with spells in your spell book without using keybinds to check a bug there?
    Last edited by Jervaise; 2018-12-05 at 10:02 AM.

I have never had this issue at any point, and I have used wand for most of Bfa (sadly). Sitting here on a dummy and not seeing it either, however my AA stops when I start casting.
    Last edited by Alextros; 2018-12-05 at 10:05 AM.