What are the conditions for postmaster to send you missing too loot items.

So, I never really understood how this postmaster sending you items you miss looting some times.
    I see plenty of streamers not looting any mobs what so ever in a dungeon run for example.

But take this scenario: I get a BOE epic drop from a random mobb in Uldir, and i dont pick it up.
    Will that be sent to me via postmaster? Or is it just gone?
    Or is it just Boss items that are sent?

I really dont get the system, and how it works.

Bonus question: How does it work outside instanced content?

Loot is registered to you the moment the trash/boss dies.

If you pick it up, hurray, but if not, it will be sent to you.

I was curious about this in Nightwell. I got BoE epic from trash but I didnt pick it up. Postmaster never sent it to me so it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Morningstar View Post
    Loot is registered to you the moment the trash/boss dies.

If you pick it up, hurray, but if not, it will be sent to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    I was curious about this in Nightwell. I got BoE epic from trash but I didnt pick it up. Postmaster never sent it to me so it was gone.
    So this is what i mean ^^
    Two wastly different answers. Like i said, i know this is the case with bosses, but trash is the real question here. Cos i just dont know tbh.

I am pretty sure only boss loot gets sent to you. I have never received any boe from the postmaster, and i have cleared so many dungeons/raids where i didnt loot the trash mobs, and im almost 110% certain that some of those mobs had some boe's drop at some point

Also outside of dungeons/raids you only get items sent from rares.
    Last edited by Rumex; 2018-09-09 at 08:49 AM.

If you click the corpse but dont loot it then itll send it in mail. Instanced items seem to get sent regardless

You only get sent stuff that you clicked on but didn't loot. Like if you're in a raid group for a wq boss and you click the boss after it's dead, but there are so many other people clicking as well that you can't loot it, that will be sent to you.

And instanced boss drops even if you don't click on the boss / boss chest.

If you don't bother clicking on trash at all you don't get any loot it might have had.