Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    If I am not actively casting a heal, I am casting Lightning Bolt

If I am not actively casting a heal and mana isn't an issue, I am also casting CL, Flame Shock and LvB.

Get accustomed to working damage spells in. You should never, ever, EVER be standing there casting nothing. You aren't expected to be a full-time damage dealer, but you are expected to fill every single spare GCD with casts.
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    The rule of thumb for healer, regardless in raid, M+ or even PvP, is ABC.

Always Be Casting*

If you're not casting a heal, then throw out a Smite or Holy Fire. If you actually have Mana problem, use something that doesn't cost Mana. I don't know about Priest and Druid, but as a Resto Shaman, our Lightning Bolt is free, and I throw quite a bit of Lava at the enemy over the course of a fight.

*Obviously, get out of fire has priority.
    I agree with these two posters.You must cast all the time something.If it is not heal then it should be a dd spell.Staying there doing nothing is a waste of time and makes you look useless.

I have said it before but it if a groups expect a healer to dps then the group need to make sure the are avoiding all damage that can be avoided. as a MW i can push 6-7k dps sigle target if i just focus on damage and keep hots rolling and status healing running on people but second I have to swap off to heal then my damage takes a hugh nose dive. I still aim to at least maintain 1k dps on a boss but honestly sometimes it just not worth it espcially if you have a melee group it is better for the sake of overal dps to sometimes stand outside so stuff that targets range only in boss fights has a target and will not explode on the group because you decided to be dps king just lightning that shit up