Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    If they add Normal to the queue, then sure, have extra bosses there, I'll do them. But I am never ever ever stepping foot inside any content that I need a premade group for again. EVER.

It's people that throw up the barriers that keep other people from doing dungeons or raids, so you can solve it by putting it on the queue (with an appropriate ilevel gate) and you will see more people do normal raids (or mythic 0 dungeons). Won't even need to add extra bosses or other extra rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Nonsense, of course there's point in going further, the better rewards are in there, as well as the camaraderie of playing with friends and conquering raids with them.

The problem lies in people who don't care about those things and just want to kill some big baddies, maybe get some meh gear (I only do solo-content and LfR, and only two slots have <340 items in them), and basically doing it on their own terms, with nobody deciding when to do the content, or in which class/spec, lots of people don't like those things being decided for them, and they stick to LfR too, which is fine, because those are traits that don't really work well in a raid team, so it's win-win: They get to run things on their terms, and they don't get into your raid and mess up planning and class balance with their free-spirited shenanigans.
    exactly but you must understand the real reason behind lfr hate is exactly the loss of that power; lfr coupled with the natural aging of the game that drastically reduced the number of fresh player had done a big blown to the recruit pool of small/medium guilds that raided only normal/heroic.

Many guilds have disappeared new guilds can't be formed in the age of lfr who want to lose the freedom it give to go back into a guild schedule/drama etc? Peoples need to accept this and move on there are ton of guilds who still raid normal and heroic, yes maybe you must sacrifice that little guild where you are the boss and become the pawn of someone else but there is no need to bother who like lfr and still content with it.

The only thing blizzard still did wrong is not locking lfr loot together with the other difficult defacto enabling retarded GL and RL to push peoples into lfr for more item (at last until now but without set and with warfront i don't see this happening anymore).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    LFR is effectively the single player version of WoW, with random PC's making cameos in your otherwise solo hero story.
    People who don't want to leave LFR and would rather that be their endgame should remain there until such a time when they feel they want to try a different level.
    No amount of extra bosses, titles, mounts, xmog, anything will ever change that, and I don't want anything outside of "I want a better challenge" to be the reason they step up.
    The last thing we need is people who refuse to socialize and/or do mechanics properly to enter the raid scene before they are ready to commit to a team effort environment.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    exactly but you must understand the real reason behind lfr hate is exactly the loss of that power; lfr coupled with the natural aging of the game that drastically reduced the number of fresh player had done a big blown to the recruit pool of small/medium guilds that raided only normal/heroic.

Many guilds have disappeared new guilds can't be formed in the age of lfr who want to lose the freedom it give to go back into a guild schedule/drama etc? Peoples need to accept this and move on there are ton of guilds who still raid normal and heroic, yes maybe you must sacrifice that little guild where you are the boss and become the pawn of someone else but there is no need to bother who like lfr and still content with it.
    But if you have all these people who prefer the freedom of LfR and freewheeling a bit (I always do my best in LfR but am under no illusion everybody else puts in as much effort), would you even _want_ them in your guild?

Maybe organized raiding is going the way of the point-and-click adventure game or the [shudder] plastic guitar music game, it had its time in the spotlight, was very popular for a while, but players got fed up with it and moved on, pushing WoW-developers into an "Adapt or perish"-mindset, and that brought about LfR (Either they adapted raiding to changes in the playerbase, or it would be unfeasible to hang so much development time onto raids alone), look at multiplayer shooting games, nowadays they all have this "Click the button and start playing"-mode, simply because most people these days don't want to pre-schedule their gaming time anymore...

Why do you care what anyone else plays ?
    "They'll like it, i swear, if we force them they'll like it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    LFR is effectively the single player version of WoW, with random PC's making cameos in your otherwise solo hero story.
    By that logic Battlefield, Call of Duty, Dota2 and LoL are all singleplayer games.

No. Just no.

Here we go again... more LFR bashing.

LFR is for people who want the game to find a group for them. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with that. This is not about you. This is about other people who have nothing to do with you.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Why do you care what anyone else plays ?
    "They'll like it, i swear, if we force them they'll like it".

- - - Updated - - -

By that logic Battlefield, Call of Duty, Dota2 and LoL are all singleplayer games.
    Not really.
    The difference is that, in those, you are fighting against other people.
    Those sometimes are a bunch of single player people fighting a bunch of single player people and it devolves into chaos.
    If you've ever played any of those with a coordinated team and fought against a random ragtag bunch of uncoordinated fools, more often than not you stomp right through them.
    Your comparison would be more towards Rated PVP/Arenas in WoW, where it's player v player and if one team just does fuck all while the other plans and coordinates, the majority of the time teamwork wins.

WoW is designed for a team-vs-NPC raiding type, where it is increasingly difficult to complete encounters the more people don't do what they should or follow directions and such.
    It's a bit different from playing against other people because the NPC's are scripted and will do things, whereas players can be rather unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    But if you have all these people who prefer the freedom of LfR and freewheeling a bit (I always do my best in LfR but am under no illusion everybody else puts in as much effort), would you even _want_ them in your guild?

Maybe organized raiding is going the way of the point-and-click adventure game or the [shudder] plastic guitar music game, it had its time in the spotlight, was very popular for a while, but players got fed up with it and moved on, pushing WoW-developers into an "Adapt or perish"-mindset, and that brought about LfR (Either they adapted raiding to changes in the playerbase, or it would be unfeasible to hang so much development time onto raids alone), look at multiplayer shooting games, nowadays they all have this "Click the button and start playing"-mode, simply because most people these days don't want to pre-schedule their gaming time anymore...
    Yes they want them because the reason that 100% of those who do lfr are scrubs is just an excuse to bash the mode but in reality 100% of those doing lfr if put in a guild with a voice chat are perfectly able to clear normal and even some heroic bosses.

organized raiding will last but will forever be a niche for a small minority of peoples who enjoy it, i've no qualms with it as long as blizzard stop trying to force peoples into it (lfr schedule or the lack of mounts or even those retard mythic only dungeon).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Can we have someone in one of the following scenarios chip in?
    1. Raided normal to get Garrosh heirlooms, while usually only doing lfr
    2. Raided heroic for moose or bird while usually only doing lfr

I would like to know if someone like this discovered the joy of organized raiding and stopped doing lfr

10+ Year Old Account
    While I like the idea you are going for overall and might like to see something like that in another raid instance, the main problem here is that Alliance and Horde don't just have different bosses, but different experiences throughout the raid. The trash will be in a different order as each faction has different start/end points for the raid.

What this would effectively do is not just try to encourage people to move up from LFR to Normal on one toon, but effectively it would force those same people to try it on a secondary one as well. This would adversely affect those that are actively only raiding on one faction, forcing them to build up and prep the other side for raiding just to get the full experience. Not just LFR raiding, but full raiding.

That would almost certainly cause early burnout for several players.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Read more carefuly.

You have some data to back it up? I know people that never raided (only LFR), but they had to do EN Normal (for artifact quests) and ended up loving raiding.

Blizzard repeated "Mythic only" dungeons at launch in BfA. If they do something twice in a row (and they have more data than you) something is on.
    Nice ninja edit, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Becouse they want to do it but they dont have to? And this is fact. Most players end up in LFR becouse there is no point go further.
    If they wanted to do it, they would do it. Why do you feel the need to control other peoples playstyle?