Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    According to the forums people say Boomkins suck right now yet Method has a Boomie parsing near the top. People also say Resto Shaman suck yet Limit has one in all their kills. Both specs were also very highly represented in this past Arena Tourney. So if the best players and guilds in the World in both PvP and PvE are using these "garbage" specs does that mean they arent really that bad? I realize that World First Mythic racing is like .00000001% of the WoW population. However, these guilds arent going to be using garbage specs that could hinder their bragging rights. Seems like its more of a L2Play issue.
    short answer - yes most of players are "weak".

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    lock gate does not work. He tried that but the orbs hit you in flight
    It does? Could've sworn I've seen people do it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    They are exactly the same
    Definaetly not in Burning Crusade ppl that would do Heroics and Early Raids had a much bigger understanding of theire classes. Ppl used CC all the time, nowdays u have to remember every turd to use it.

maybe its the number of subs too a problem. back in wotlk there were what 12 million playing? the subs are at half, at best, lots of good players retired, and lots of other gamers are occupied with other games. while wow has its charm potential new players are orienting towards other games. hell its a 14 y/o game, people move on.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Yes, most people are utter horseshit at playing any game. I hate other players, if not for my friends then I wouldn't be playing any online games because most people are so shit at playing. They can't interrupt, they can't dispel, they can't move from AOE, they can't do a simple dps rotation, they can't heal, they can't tank. Sometimes you encounter people who can't even walk from point a to b without pulling half the instance.
    After getting my alt to 120 and pugging random heroic dungeons, this hits way too close to home. The undead trash packs in Underrot took fucking ages each time because nobody was interrupting/dispelling bone shield despite having a mage and shaman in the group. The only "interrupt" ever used was my Holy Paladin Hammer of Justice. Add the hunter who proceeds to backpedal-bodypull the trash packs that the other members of the group managed to dodge successfully.

Yeah after playing almost exclusively with my guild on my main, I now feel the pain of people who don't have a guild or friends to play with and have to pug every content.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    After getting my alt to 120 and pugging random heroic dungeons, this hits way too close to home. The undead trash packs in Underrot took fucking ages each time because nobody was interrupting/dispelling bone shield despite having a mage and shaman in the group. The only "interrupt" ever used was my Holy Paladin Hammer of Justice. Add the hunter who proceeds to backpedal-bodypull the trash packs that the other members of the group managed to dodge successfully.

Yeah after playing almost exclusively with my guild on my main, I now feel the pain of people who don't have a guild or friends to play with and have to pug every content.
    To be fair, if you pugged on your main this wouldn't be the case. As time goes by the quality of pugs degrade and its logical too. I've pugged everything up to m+10 and 6/8 heroic Uldir without a fuss first 2 weeks things got out, but its very obvious that the quality of pugs sinks as time passes, simply less dedicated players get gear/get carried and expect it to keep happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    You know, I used to have a more optimistic look on it, but recently I keep experiencing those players over and over again. I play with my friends usually, but whenever I'm doing any sort of solo queue, it's absolutely terrible. Sometimes you can't rely on interrupts and stuns at all for the whole dungeon. Sometimes the healer is so bad, you have to tank mobs while casting Flash of Light on yourself.
    That and similar experiences are reason why raider.io gained a lot of fans. Me among them. I am hardly Method nor Jtbob’s team nor Mione, but I know my s*it. Whenever I see people bragging how they topped some pug dps I smile, as that is really no achievement imo. I can usually do that with my undergeared but properly played toons. Fact remains tho - the lower in difficulty you go, the worse players you meet on average and they can completely annihilate any fun if you are not ready and willing to accept failures and teach thickskulled leets to play properly.

That’s why I love being in a good progress guild as a casual, as I can always learn from people who play more, better and know more tricks about current raids and dungeons.

Teach casuals and lowrier leets - they might grow to be good players with the right guidance! and don’t forget to have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Players theses days are not what they used to be back in the good old days...
    Back in the days people sucked WAY more
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Sometimes you encounter people who can't even walk from point a to b without pulling half the instance.
    Sums up my pugs. Like every fucking time there must someone who will aggro something while the rest of the group tried to avoid it. Triggers me way too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicawesomestmaximus View Post
    It does? Could've sworn I've seen people do it
    No it doesn't, I am a lock and I have tried it a few times. Going through the gate simply makes you dash but you are still travelling you aren't blinking so orb collision sets you back. The only way it would work is if you went though the gate with a perfectly clear straight line between the orbs (or the bridge part where its much easier to align).

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Back in the days people sucked WAY more
    dual wield blood DKs with 71 points in tree and spirit gems

Not only most people are just bad at this game, but most of those bad people can't recognize what makes good play and bad play.

For OP's example, boomkins and resto shamans have their spot in some approaches to specific situations in current raiding tier. Aka, a niche. If your leader chooses this approach, niche specs will be used. Should he choose a mw instead of a rsham most of the time ? Of course.

Deleted
    Everyone outside of good guilds was their own FatBoss, IcyVeins, Wowdb, Preach and the hundreds of current authorities (self proclaimed or real, doesn’t matter). The mechanics were way easier too. Talent choices though ... you knew a bad player based on them upfront - not based on their performance in a fight

I believe basic things like backpeddling and clicking are also mostly gone. Or I'm just not surrounded by those people anymore.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

It's actually a fact that most people are bad at this game and most others. Does not mean they cannot improve but the ratio of casuals to try-hards is pretty steep.