Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I felt kinda the same. Just hope that Blizzard knows what they are doing after saying "We learned", if they mess up, they will be canned.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Not really, I feel like most of their systems just need minor tweaks to be fully fleshed out. Artifact weapons weren't the best when they were released, neither were legendaries.

Similarly, other expansions had features which weren't fully fleshed out at launch, but rather later.
    There hasn’t been one in a while with as many problems as BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Nope. You're just looking for reasons to talk crap about the game.
    The counter to that statement is that you mustn't have been around at too many launches. This is an objective comparison and not opinion regarding stability, game systems and volume of bugs as well as the quality of the bugs.

Further, we've seen multiple apologias from blue posts + official sources comparing "beta data" to "actual real # data." Along those lines, the #.0 launches have ALWAYS been the betas, and there were ALWAYS massive tweaks to the system.

So my response to OP is that EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION LAUNCH was a beta until the first major patch, and so nothing new along those lines.

The new part is the, again objective, analysis of the quality of bugs and issues with major game systems that were reverted or edited. The subjective part is "well how many bugs and whatever qualifies it to be normal and NOT beta" and just like art, it's an "I knows it when I sees it." Some would say if the claim even comes up, it is valid. Nobody in the world would say that, say, Witcher III was launched as a beta... Monster Hunter World PC on the other hand...

For example reverting the "official stance" on trading azerite armor pieces. All throughout beta and even early launch, we were told that there were Very Good Reasons for not allowing it (pressure to trade it, etc.) but those had almost zero logic to them, the real answer seemed to lie more in the idea that azerite armor was extremely powerful and funneling that gear in a progression system would trivialize it too much. AKA the real reason was some bottom-tier DPS class would be last in line to use a drop because a top-tier DPS would ALWAYS be preferred to get it first.

If you want me to get literal, easy: your guild is making a mistake if your first Hood of Pestilent Ichor drop from Vectis goes to a feral druid instead of a rogue. (ignoring the mistake of actually bringing a feral). Much easier to just not allow trading azerite armor than it is to have some semblance of balance between feral and rogues.

So nah, "not having a problem" or "having a problem" has nothing to do with the actual facts of the game's tweaks itself. I remember zero patches where OP or UP classes weren't tweaked drastically by the first patch.

The major thing separating a #.1 patch from launch being beta is simply volume and impact of the changes. When we're running into #.1 and seeing entire systems swept away, reconfigured and hand-waved or "fun explained" rather than experienced, it's a beta.

And PS, I'm enjoying the game. But it is clearly made more difficult to enjoy it the way I want to when entire systems are mysterious and posited as "background that you shouldn't think about," which undermines what I'm interested in. Azerite is neat, the implementation is awful. The fact that I can't see traits on items in-game is awful... as much as I love mmochamp wowhead etc, I don't believe it should be a required resource and it is essentially a strange cottage industry propping to do so, or "cost efficient" engineering over user experience / user interface development. The argument that saving money on basic info in game allows other things to be built is again mysterious, not that I doubt it but it's hard to care about the 10 good things when the 1 annoying thing makes me not want to deal with the game at all.

The fact that traits don't scale based on neck level and allow full unlocking at neck level 1 is awful. The fact that items have random impact in pvp that are revealed by blue patchnotes but not clear in game directly via clear, lucid tooltips is awful. The RNG of pvp drops instead of an actual progression reward, and the mishmash of stats that are confusing in context of ILVL is awful. Getting heroic raid gear for trivial non-raid pve activities like doing content 3 tiers under heroic raiding (M+, Normal, M0) is awful.

Overall I had fun, but my concern (trolling?!) is more for sustaining the game and keeping people interested. And I felt like this was the first expansion to have "just wait and see for the NEXT thing" two times now with pre-launch and now already 'oooh wait and see what 8.1 has in store' like the promise of the next thing being much better isn't an admission of how bland or frustrating it is now.
    Last edited by frott; 2018-09-19 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope but thank you for the constructive thread.

Have the mods just totally abandoned MMO-Champ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    There hasn’t been one in a while with as many problems as BfA.
    Can you tell me the problems which are exactly game breaking? 2 hours of broken queue for warfront? Or is it the m+ items, which got withdrawn anyway? Like, you are just full of bullshit dude. You got all the content one day later, and you are crying like a baby, as if the game is unplayable. I've had well over 200-300 hours of fun so far in BfA, and that isn't going to change, if you don't like it, well, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

More like 8.0 is alpha, at least Beta has class changes.