Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood Elf Over Troll at High End PvE?

I noticed that Blood Elf is the most popular Rogue race in high end PvE as shown on World of Wargraphs. Simcraft has Troll as the highest DPS race, though. Why is Blood Elf so popular at the high end in PvE? Was the energy regain from the Blood Elf racial found to be overall more beneficial for DPS than Berserking? I haven't played since end of MOP, and at that time nearly everyone doing cutting edge PvE was going Troll. I'm wondering if something changed, or if even high end raiders stopped caring about the couple percent difference in DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Synchrony View Post
    Why is Blood Elf so popular at the high end in PvE?
    Having a mass aoe interrupt / silence was a godsend in mythic+ (and pvp). It was so good Blizzard removed it and replaced it with mass dispel... which is still pretty damn good in m+ and pvp. Oh, and also on Zul in Uldir raid.

The extra energy was also helpful for energy pooling playstyle of sub back in Legion, but nowadays I can't remember if they didn't add a gcd for it that lowered the dps benefit. Still if you are not gcd locked but you're resource starved, that racial will be good (for example it is for frost dk).

Deleted
    Because blood elfs make up almost half of the horde population, while trolls are barely over 10%. And despite what people might think about "high end pve", not many are willing to drop 25 euro for a .3% of a DPS increase. Especially considering that before it also had the utility of double interrupt.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Having a mass aoe interrupt / silence was a godsend in mythic+ (and pvp). It was so good Blizzard removed it and replaced it with mass dispel... which is still pretty damn good in m+ and pvp. Oh, and also on Zul in Uldir raid.

The extra energy was also helpful for energy pooling playstyle of sub back in Legion, but nowadays I can't remember if they didn't add a gcd for it that lowered the dps benefit. Still if you are not gcd locked but you're resource starved, that racial will be good (for example it is for frost dk).
    Ah that makes sense. I checked WowHead, and it does look like the Blood Elf racial is on the GCD. The mass dispel must have solid uses in Mythic+ and Uldir. Thank you!

because prior to BFA
    blood elves were the best horde race for rogues by far and now that racials are almost insignificant, people dont bother to go to another race.

and even now the AOE dispel is great
    plus blood elves are generally the most favoured horde race aesthetically anyway.

also pretty sure troll is only best for assa
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-09-20 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder why so many people play Blood Elf Rogues? They enjoy the view?

Energy + AoE dispell = Still very strong for PVE.

WoW devs nerfed silence due to PVE reasons but they turn around and give BE a bigger buff with AoE dispel lol.

Honestly, it probably has more to do with cosmetics then actually racial traits. Blood Elfs sporting a hump back.
    John 14:6 6 Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
    太帅了

The actual differences are to miniscule nowadays to pay for race changes.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Wonder why so many people play Blood Elf Rogues? They enjoy the view?

You'll need 2 2080ti's to reach this level of graphical fidelity; most can't afford that. You're such a show off...
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    You'll need 2 2080ti's to reach this level of graphical fidelity; most can't afford that. You're such a show off...
    Well it's old...I chose the first image I could find of it

The utility is handy occasionally but really the reason why is the troll model is absolutely terrible and playing a troll is unpleasant. I'm tempted to do it though because the DPS difference in sub and sin is pretty gigantic.

Trolls were only so popular in MoP because of snapshotting.

Since then the disparity between racial dps has been much smaller, it's really tiny currently, but belfs were kings of last xpac for m+ and are still pretty useful this xpac.

Because everyone is going to play the race that they like the best and not the one that does the top .000001 dps.

I doubt even Method really cares what your character's race is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    This, honestly. Doing a tiiiny bit more DPS doesn't compare to the raw utility power of a mass interrupt in Legion... and a mass dispel in BFA.

The Blood Elf racial might be the most useful racial in the game. Almost everything else is either a CC break, a movement CD, or a slight DPS increase. Sure the Horde also has some AoE stuns in there, but stuns are on the diminishing returns, and plenty of shit is immune to it anyway. The AoE dispel will always be not-useful, though. Especially since Keystones all but guarantee that we'll be doing the same 5mans forever, and a bunch of those 5mans benefit pretty greatly from having dispels.

Aaaaand let's not forget that Blood Elves are just prettier than Trolls. That probably has some impact on the figures too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Sure the Horde also has some AoE stuns in there, but stuns are on the diminishing returns, and plenty of shit is immune to it anyway.
    Also Tauren of both kind can't be rogues.

For druids for example I see Troll for boomkin, HMT for bear, and usually for resto too over Troll (some are still Trolls). Let's see what the Zandalari racials are gonna be.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-09-24 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamercus View Post
    The utility is handy occasionally but really the reason why is the troll model is absolutely terrible and playing a troll is unpleasant. I'm tempted to do it though because the DPS difference in sub and sin is pretty gigantic.
    https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#r...ata_view=races
    https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#r...ata_view=races

It's under .5% for sub and .6% for sin (on Patchwerk) and less than Belf on HecticAddCleave. Not exactly gigantic