Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I don’t see why the mods can’t place it into one megathread.
    It's kinda what I was talking about before the two guys made me be this thread's bad guy.

I don’t see why the mods can’t place it into one megathread.
    Because these threads are not welcome on MMO-C. Never have been. No real sense in isolating them. Lock em and move on.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Because these threads are not welcome on MMO-C. Never have been. No real sense in isolating them. Lock em and move on.
    Maybe I don’t follow up on these “I quit” threads but do they actually end up getting locked?
    My guess is not.

Just think it would make for a better case in deleting them quicker.
    They’re annoying this site isn’t really for blogging and I like how people assume anyone cares they’re quitting.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Aigaion View Post
    People have the right to make a post about leaving the game or disliking it. You don't like them ? Don't read them.
    Actually no, "I quit" threads are against the rules.
    so nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

Well this makes mmoc mods censorshipers, which is pretty lame. I mean, if you buy a product, you also buy the right to enjoy it, not enjoy it, write good comments on it but also bad ones. Censorship is bad. No excuse to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it really your problem ? Live and let live man.
    It is a private company... They dont need to let you spout your shit
    censorship is very much fine, i bet if someone was on here spouting hate speech and racial languge you would be all for banning them... BUT THATS CENSORSHIP

Freedom of speech means you are free to speak, does not mean you are free of punishment.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-09-20 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I don't even get it, if you quit the game, you have the urge to write a 500 word essay that's more or less the same as others?

If we're talking about Blizz forums, Blizzard specifically directs feedback to their forums, and no longer has a survey on the unsubscribe option for WoW. As far as MMOC forums, I have no idea.

Maybe I don’t follow up on these “I quit” threads but do they actually end up getting locked?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50110192

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald
    "I quit" and other blog-style threads rarely produce constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    In the last 40 pages, 19 I Quit threads have been locked. This is just the most recent one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Actually no, "I quit" threads are against the rules.
    so nice try.
    - - - Updated - - -
    It is a private company... They dont need to let you spout your shit
    censorship is very much fine, i bet if someone was on here spouting hate speech and racial languge you would be all for banning them... BUT THATS CENSORSHIP

Freedom of speech means you are free to speak, does not mean you are free of punishment.
    Never thought I would see the day when I fully agreed with you.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

10+ Year Old Account
    You've just inspired me to make my very own "I Quit!" thread. Thanks, OP.

But then we won't get can we stop with the I quit threads. Personally I think it should be a post why you quit megathread stickied at the top.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think they -can- be good threads. Mostly they are annoying but I do think it's generally a good idea - they explain what was the last straw, which is good to help people understand why people don't want to play the game anymore.

The problem is when they just spout insults and add nothing constructive.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No rule justifies censorship. We are not talking about people inciting illegal acts, or talking about possible crimes, we are talking about people pointing why they dislike the game or something in the game and why it has brought them to a breaking point, there is nothing bad in this. You might not "give a fuck", but some people do, and it might bring advances to the game to know why people are leaving.
    Not giving someone a platform =/= censorship.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have the right to make a post about leaving the game or disliking it. You don't like them ? Don't read them.
    They have a right to make threads about disliking the game but MMO-champion has a rule against basic, 'I quit' topics - they aren't permitted, and mostly not that constructive either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

But I resubbed to ff14 and I have to shout it out from the heavens!

Honestly, with the changes next patch I feel no reason to play.

Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    I mean come on, who really cares if you quit the game?
    What can be gathered from all posts are also "I don't like X, i hate Y!", so yeah, i really don't see a point to doing it.
    And everyone who quits states that "Blizz doesn't care anymore!", IF that is the case, why do you even make a post about quitting if you for some weird reason KNOWS that they don't care. Makes no sense.

Just because the game isn't for you anymore, doesn't mean there are others who enjoy it (shocking i know!), but there are tons of other things to do in the game besides raiding and pvp.

Inb4: "You made this thread so apparently you DO care if i/someone else quits", yeah... no
    No?

It's a way of expressing a certain sentiment, and just because you don't like hearing it doesn't mean it should stop.

Just because you enjoy this game, doesn't mean there aren't others who no longer do (shocking I know!), and there are other groups than the developers that one can be addressing in a post. Like, say.. Other players, whom you want to make aware of the flaws you see, in the hopes that a large enough outcry will see them fixed.

..Also, just because you say 'Inb4' something, doesn't mean it's not a valid point. Usually, in fact, it just means you've already seen that point, realized you can't make a counter argument, and just try and look clever instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's better to report threads you feel represent topics that are against the rules and guidelines as opposed to complaining about them in another thread. As this thread really isn't about discussing WoW it will now be closed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead