Thread: Simming m+?

Simming m+?

Here's a question, how do you go about simming a m+ scenario? As in, a group of 3-5 mobs. I've heard some top players say its not possible unfortunately. Is this a fact? Or is there a work-around that get's you pretty close?

You cannot really as a mythic plus is a collection of so many different types of fight. If you are just wanting to see your damage on multi-targets then add in extra boss targets.

Some people will say they cut down the time to 40secs/1 minute as well. I personally don't do this in a vacuum as the cooldowns such as Darkglare/Infernal you do not have them up for every pull and it may skew things. In that case I would also do a short sim without them to see how they line up.

Of course it's possible, you just need to tweak the encounters a bit. The hectic cleave profile will probably more accurate for M+ than the Patchwerk one, but M+ packs vary quite a lot between instances and pulls. Sometimes you have 1 priority target with much health, and several low priority ones that needs to be cleaved. Other times you have the opposite, where cleaving down the low-HP ones is most important, while keeping stuns and such on the high-hp target.

Then you have affixes on top of that. Bolstering and sanguine favors cleave and target swap to high HP targets, but bursting and enraging favors the opposite. Volcanic, infested and explosive will require you to possibly interrupt what you're doing, leading to a difficult-to-simulate loss of DPS.

Lastly there are buffs and debuffs. In raids settings, you're likely to have all buffs and debuffs available to you, but in M+ you're much more limited. These need to be tweaked to match your common group compositions.

The Herodamage guys just added a new fight profile that sort of simulates M+, not sure if it's in public simc releases, though. It would also require the people maintaining the APL for your spec to actually build the APL in a way that supports things other than Patchwerk, which a lot of them don't bother doing(very few caster APLs handle movement, for example)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah I thought so. Thanks!