Thread: Prot Buffs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    lol %5 increase to stamina and armor. excuse me but what the fuck?
    It doesn't fix a shit. We are the lowest DPS compared to other tanks with lowest survival.
    Rage generation is also shit to keep shield block and IP up most of the time.
    Excuse me what the fuck?

Ultra DPS Tank sounds more like reality

But actually do you all have hard problems with rage? For like 85% of a fight i am just fine rage wise...dunno maybe i am doing something wrong? but as long as the pulls stay managable i have no problem at all tanking anything from +0 up to +8...didn'T do anything above but it felt pretty ok. clunky to play but defensive...ok

Deleted
    More of a rage problem I have, is when avatar is active, shield block is up, I'm taking moderate amount of damage (no need of IP) and my rage goes to the cap and stays there with no ways of spending it... That's the biggest issue. Heroic strike here would help (or IP off GCD *wink wink* if you need more survivability) just to dump it out and keep anger management going. But with that, I can go dry in matter of seconds and then the shit rage generation kicks in (this is where crits needs to generate double rage)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    can u show source ? when it have been confirmed?
    latest blue posts https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1102280-81-buffs/

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Excuse me what the fuck?

Ultra DPS Tank sounds more like reality

But actually do you all have hard problems with rage? For like 85% of a fight i am just fine rage wise...dunno maybe i am doing something wrong? but as long as the pulls stay managable i have no problem at all tanking anything from +0 up to +8...didn'T do anything above but it felt pretty ok. clunky to play but defensive...ok
    of course, trying zul on heroic maintanking it, somebody gotta slap my face those logs. of course. You are telling me you have no problem? +10 toldagor? bird shits on your head plus earthquakes + 3 other dps and a healer, good luck trying to stay alive shield block,ip and keep agro with what rage? If you think warriors are fine as of now, please quit it now. I have been tanking since vanilla. We have had better days than this.

check your logs one by one. each boss. except zul we are either at the bottom 2 or middle. heroic mode.
    then also check tank allstars and best tanks. Then tell me prots are fine. Especially on allstars there is only a single prot warrior for 1 single dungeon. it is dominated by havocs and bloods.
    Last edited by Gref; 2018-10-02 at 07:25 AM.

Deleted
    of course, trying zul on heroic maintanking it, somebody gotta slap my face those logs. of course. You are telling me you have no problem? +10 toldagor? bird shits on your head plus earthquakes + 3 other dps and a healer, good luck trying to stay alive shield block,ip and keep agro with what rage? If you think warriors are fine as of now, please quit it now. I have been tanking since vanilla. We have had better days than this.

check your logs one by one. each boss. except zul we are either at the bottom 2 or middle. heroic mode.
    then also check tank allstars and best tanks. Then tell me prots are fine. Especially on allstars there is only a single prot warrior for 1 single dungeon. it is dominated by havocs and bloods.
    I don't have an active raiding guild as I quit the raiding scene back in WoD, but I've had no issues pugging Heroic Uldir in its entirety every week. Yes, Zul hurts in P2 with the debuff if you take more than 2, but that goes for all tanks.

Tol'Dagor (first boss) is definitely annoying with necrotic, I agree with you there, but I've done it and it's not as bad as you make it (provided you have a competent group). I'm not sure why you think we have an issue with DPS, our DPS is phenomenal (on par or more than DH tanks I'd say in M+ during our burst). Also, you use Thunderclap to take aggro on AoE, I don't know what rage you need but generally speaking if the healer is anywhere near you it should be easy to pick them up.

I'm not saying prot warriors are fine compared to other tanks, but we're not as bad as you make us to be (in terms of DPS/Aggro). As far as the best tanks for MDI are concerned, this is also to do with utility. Mass Grip and the ability to self heal is so-damn important in M+ pushing, not to mention the other utility they have (res, cc, single grip, fear, stun, interrupts, knockbacks, enslave, good mobilty/snare, etc). Assuming we take the same damage or less than them and do very good DPS you'd still see primarily DKs or DHs just because of their utility. On some keys they can even have a healer DPS for the entire fight since they need no healing which makes things a lot easier in terms of some DPS checks.

Anyhow, my experience might not be as much as some other people here as I'm only reliant on pugging and I've done up to +12s without too many issues on my side (depends on the instance of course).
    Last edited by mmoc368da16e88; 2018-10-02 at 09:31 AM.

We are memeeeeeeeeees

5+ Year Old Account
    Seeing this kind of "buffs", I can't but think that the class design/balance team is just a couple of recently hired folks, who have never tanked anything other than LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeidrich View Post
    Yeah, remove death strike from DK and Light of the Protector from Paladins because they're on GCD too. Wait, what?
    Ignore Pain is a shitty ability.

It would be better if they removed it and reworked Protection Warrior more fundamentally than simply putting Ignore Pain off of GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by sofnr View Post
    I don't have an active raiding guild as I quit the raiding scene back in WoD, but I've had no issues pugging Heroic Uldir in its entirety every week. Yes, Zul hurts in P2 with the debuff if you take more than 2, but that goes for all tanks.

Tol'Dagor (first boss) is definitely annoying with necrotic, I agree with you there, but I've done it and it's not as bad as you make it (provided you have a competent group). I'm not sure why you think we have an issue with DPS, our DPS is phenomenal (on par or more than DH tanks I'd say in M+ during our burst). Also, you use Thunderclap to take aggro on AoE, I don't know what rage you need but generally speaking if the healer is anywhere near you it should be easy to pick them up.

I'm not saying prot warriors are fine compared to other tanks, but we're not as bad as you make us to be (in terms of DPS/Aggro). As far as the best tanks for MDI are concerned, this is also to do with utility. Mass Grip and the ability to self heal is so-damn important in M+ pushing, not to mention the other utility they have (res, cc, single grip, fear, stun, interrupts, knockbacks, enslave, good mobilty/snare, etc). Assuming we take the same damage or less than them and do very good DPS you'd still see primarily DKs or DHs just because of their utility. On some keys they can even have a healer DPS for the entire fight since they need no healing which makes things a lot easier in terms of some DPS checks.

Anyhow, my experience might not be as much as some other people here as I'm only reliant on pugging and I've done up to +12s without too many issues on my side (depends on the instance of course).
    That's just it, class balance is a relative thing. Warriors take more damage, the damage they take is more spikey, they don't have grip, asphyxiate, self healing or anything like AMS for M+. Prot is also the most underrepresented tank in mythic raiding by a mile. Prot warriors are represented in 15k mythic Uldir parses over the last 2 weeks compared to BrM and Dks who have around 110k parses respectively. Sure, prot CAN do all the content just like 20 prot paladins CAN kill mythic Taloc but both are far from optimal.

So I leveled a warrior up primarily because I loved playing one years ago and the first character I ever made 14 years ago was an orc warrior. Anyway my journey to 120 wasn't that bad, played as all 3 specs, switching randomly between specs for all content up to 120.

At 120 I switched to Arms to get my item level up a bit and then jumped into heroic dungeons at ilvl 305, did those no problem up to ilvl 320 where I then jumped into LFR, got lucky with a couple items putting me at ilvl 334, so I started Mythic dungeons as prot. OMG at the difference, you really do get chunked hard, specially by magic damage. I also find my self rage starved desperately trying to get IP or something back up just to prevent silly deaths. It's also the first time I recall having to use defensive CD's on simple trash not even hard packs!.

Well I hope this week we a see a PTR patch with some actually warrior changes and a mastery that actually helps!

i dont mind using defensives on trash. Demo shout with Booming voice is meant to be used on trash. And bolster filling the gaps on Shield block is kinda cool. With Avatar+unstopable force and anger management the synergy is actually quite cool. you get demo for all packs easily, twice even on fortified weeks. last stand/bolster is usualyl up for each as well. Shield wall is the one i usually not always using. Always scared ill need it an not have it rather than pulling a bit more and using it on CD which is most likely the best bet.

What i hate is we have such limited utility. We have noo tools for all the casters and 'markmen?' gun shooter guys. and we ahve no CC. Its nuts to see Demon Hunters incapacitate range mobs, they can range interrupt casts which in turn gives them more rage. They have a mini - gorfiend to group things. They even have an AOE 10 sec blind type thing. Shorter cooldown leap with two charges and they ahve a purge. They can kite and control the pulls like crazy.
    DKs have grips and range silences and a massive slow with D&D talent. Monks have their own incapacitate CC, and can kite using ring of peace, going with teir active mitigation. i cant speak to paladins as much, i know they have ranged interrupt that resets constantly and the longest single target stun out there.

Warriors and bears just are kind of Meh in the utility spectrum, We have a an AOE stun for 2 sec. Fear can interrupt things but not really valid CC as you have to be in hte thick of it to use and it just gets broken. And we have spell reflect which can get 1 spell. Or if you need it for dmg reduction it just reflects a spell and drops and you lose that dmg reduction lol. Warriros are great for medium to low keys with easy affixes as we can just Tclap to the finish line stomping dps. We do have the 2nd best mobility with intervene and the 1 leap.

TLDR

I like how warrior plays , i like using short cooldowns all the time. I just dislike having extremely limited utiltiy.

Quote Originally Posted by McJiggles View Post
    We do have the 2nd best mobility with intervene and the 1 leap.
    I would argue 3rd best (after DH and Monk).

PTR Patch today, Mastery is back.....

It's exactly the same, critical block. Thats our make over complete, everything is peachy now... apparently..

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    PTR Patch today, Mastery is back.....

It's exactly the same, critical block. Thats our make over complete, everything is peachy now... apparently..
    Yep, I can't imagine they'd add critical block back in just to remove it in a future build. RIP BFA Prot.

They added in Crit Block, There are as I can see no changes for Shield Block or Mastery which means that Blizzard has doubled down on a fail mechanic by either doing little or doing nothing.

Improving on a failure still makes it a failure just less so.

recently switched my healer for m+ and have to admit you're right... with that new mate it is a devastating experience playing the game...
    WQ's are fun...but that doesn't count i suppose...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bangdingow View Post
    Yep, I can't imagine they'd add critical block back in just to remove it in a future build. RIP BFA Prot.
    As if they would do something like that... really...they never ahve done shit like that! *looking at you IP in beta*

- - - Updated - - -

I think they have to redo something with mastery...just to get the warrior somewhat right.

There was a well written article about it some time ago, might check it out:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...4#post50171574

The key point is: make suggestions and anyone that is somewhat acceptable: push it af... maybe if the wave is great enough blizz will see...

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    recently switched my healer for m+ and have to admit you're right... with that new mate it is a devastating experience playing the game...
    WQ's are fun...but that doesn't count i suppose...

- - - Updated - - -

As if they would do something like that... really...they never ahve done shit like that! *looking at you IP in beta*

- - - Updated - - -

I think they have to redo something with mastery...just to get the warrior somewhat right.

There was a well written article about it some time ago, might check it out:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...4#post50171574

The key point is: make suggestions and anyone that is somewhat acceptable: push it af... maybe if the wave is great enough blizz will see...
    Well, we still have IP so if that trend continues we'll still have critical block. if I understand your point.

Wow that fixes nothing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg