Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just give us Vrykul already. Hell, I'll even take Ogres.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I would like this alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Well, Kyrian using the female Vrykul skeleton gives us hope.

Plus, you're right about Kul Tirans. I believe they were made with Ogres in mind. Otherwise, why go through all this trouble of coming up with a new skeletal rig when all other allied races are reused ones?
    Either this, or the Maldraxxi male Gladiators, who use a modified Ogre skeleton, combined with a female Kul Tiran for their female counterpart, would be used.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Plus, you're right about Kul Tirans. I believe they were made with Ogres in mind. Otherwise, why go through all this trouble of coming up with a new skeletal rig when all other allied races are reused ones?
    Kul Tiran are using a modified Pandaren skeleton.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...iran/169250/31

I have a feeling he's blocked me though since something so obviously said wouldn't be ignored so obviously.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-22 at 10:00 PM.

Alliance:
    Saberon: Share the same skeleton as Worgen but Saberon have tails. And the Alliance are overdue for a beast race that's not Worgen. Plus, WoW's very own cat race.
    Sylvar: They need a better running animation, but I still want them.
    Kyrian: Don't care for them at all, but if means getting Gnoll to balance the races out I'm in.

Horde:
    Venthyr: Vampire race that's not another elf race? Yes please! But they need more faces to work with.
    Vrykul: They can be the only human-like race on the Horde without being undead. And they fit better with the Horde then with the Alliance.
    Gnoll: One of the most classic races in RPGs. Making them playable would be awesome.
    Last edited by The BrewCity Monk; 2021-10-31 at 05:32 PM.
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Alliance:
    Saberon: Share the same skeleton as Worgen but Saberon have tails. And the Alliance are overdue for a beast race that's not Worgen. Plus, WoW's very own cat race.
    Kyrian: Don't care for them at all, but if means getting Gnoll to balance the races out I'm in.

Horde:
    Venthyr: Vampire race that's not another elf race? Yes please! But they need more faces to work with.
    Vrykul: They can be the only human-like race on the Horde without being undead. And they fit better with the Horde then with the Alliance.
    Gnoll: One of the most classic races in MMOs. Making them playable would be awesome.
    Saberon makes 100x more sense in Horde, and Vrykul have Alliance written all over it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Saberon makes 100x more sense in Horde, and Vrykul have Alliance written all over it..
    Mag'har Orcs hunted Saberons, so no it wouldn't make sense for them to be Horde.

And what on earth tale that Vrykul are Alliance? Because they look like humans? 1) Vrykuls hate humans. A lager amount of them at least. That's facts! 2) Vrykuls are Vikings that don't care for order nor they won't take orders from a human king. The Horde on the other hand are mostly the same as Vrykul, fighting for honor and blood. They can be part of the Horde Council which leads the Horde together. 3) Alliance already have their tall human race, Kul Tiran. Let the Horde have theirs.
    Last edited by The BrewCity Monk; 2021-10-31 at 05:58 PM.

Mag'har Orcs hunted Saberons, so no it wouldn't make sense for them to be Horde.

And what on earth tale that Vrykul are Alliance? Because they look like humans? 1) Vrykuls hate humans. A lager amount of them at least. That's facts! 2) Vrykuls are Vikings that don't care for order nor they won't take orders from a human king. The Horde on the other hand are mostly the same as Vrykul, fighting for honor and blood. They can be part of the Horde Council which leads the Horde together. 3) Alliance already have their tall human race, Kul Tiran. Let the Horde have theirs.
    Eh, flimsy reasoning at best.

Orcs also hunted Elves and Undead, didn't stop em from joining the Horde.

Alliance:
    They are more likely to go Horde due to their tribal society.

You're most likely getting them, with the running animation and all.

I don't know how you got to Gnolls, but Kyrians are definitely happening.

Horde:
    Right? and people still advocate for San'layn instead...

I don't know about that. They resemble Dwarves the most in culture and society.

Gnoll: One of the most classic races in RPGs. Making them playable would be awesome.
    Currently unlikely, as they have shitty models from 2004.
    Though, werehyenas exist in myth, alongside werewolves and werecats. So, if we have Worgen and if we're getting Saberon, i don't see why not updated Gnolls.

Orcs were also enemies with the Blood elves and Forsaken.

They resemble Dwarves in their nordic influences.

They are more likely to go Horde due to their tribal society.
    Just because they're tribal don't mean they should be Horde. The Alliance can have a tribal race. The Alliance aren't humans and human-like races only.

You're most likely getting them, with the running animation and all.
    Fine by me.

I don't know how you got to Gnolls, but Kyrians are definitely happening.
    Not really. I don't think blue humans with wings is a good selling point to make them playable. Gnolls on the other hand is a old race in DaD style RPGs that many fans would love to play as.

Right? and people still advocate for San'layn instead...
    And those same people are still crying for High Elves for Alliance even thou they have Void Elves with those High Elves customizations. Those people just want more elf races for the sake of it.

I don't know about that. They resemble Dwarves the most in culture and society.
    But Vrykul are Vikings by lore standards. Dwarves are just drunk miners.

Currently unlikely, as they have shitty models from 2004.
    Though, werehyenas exist in myth, alongside werewolves and werecats. So, if we have Worgen and if we're getting Saberon, i don't see why not updated Gnolls.
    Of course they'll be updated. I don't want the Gnolls to have those outdated models. They should look more like Hogger in HotS.

Orcs were also enemies with the Blood elves and Forsaken.
    Yes, until the Alliance turn their backs on the Blood Elves. Forcing them to join the Horde. And for the Forsaken, that's was before they had free will. Why wouldn't you want Saberon on the Alliance? They're a freaking big cat race. Imagine have them on the Horde and they get Paladin class. Alliance players would be seething mad over that.

They resemble Dwarves in their nordic influences.
    But they're not Dwarves, they're Vikings by lore. And by lore, Vrykul don't like humans nor will they follow orders from a human king. Vrykul joining the Horde make more sense then them joining the Alliance. Plus, Kul Tirans vs Vrykuls would be perfect.
    Last edited by The BrewCity Monk; 2021-11-13 at 03:03 PM.

Just because they're tribal don't mean they should be Horde. The Alliance can have a tribal race. The Alliance aren't humans and human-like races only.
    It's unlikely.

Not really. I don't think blue humans with wings is a good selling point to make them playable. Gnolls on the other hand is a old race in DaD style RPGs that many fans would love to play as.
    Now, after you said it, go look at their models and tell me if Gnolls are still more likely.

But Vrykul are Vikings by lore standards. Dwarves are just drunk miners.
    Dwarves are also norse-inspired. They both share love for drinking, forging and fighting.

Of course they'll be updated. I don't want the Gnolls to have those outdated models. They should look more like Hogger in HotS.
    How are you so certain that will happen?

Yes, until the Alliance turn their backs on the Blood Elves. Forcing them to join the Horde. And for the Forsaken, that's was before they had free will. Why wouldn't you want Saberon on the Alliance? They're a freaking big cat race. Imagine have them on the Horde and they get Paladin class. Alliance players would be seething mad over that.
    Why would they get a Paladin class? They're tribal. Unless they worship An'she or the Loa, i don't see that happening. And, why would they go Alliance? By all standards, they are Horde.

But they're not Dwarves, they're Vikings by lore. And by lore, Vrykul don't like humans nor will they follow orders from a human king. Vrykul joining the Horde make more sense then them joining the Alliance. Plus, Kul Tirans vs Vrykuls would be perfect.
    They only share a love for war with the Horde. They have more in common with the Beonzrbeard Dwarves of the Alliance. They'd be the perfect counterpart for Ogres on the Horde, as they are both the giant progenitors of Orcs and Humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mok'nathal and Tuskarr would be my choices.

Tuskarr would be awesome;

Something a lot of people missed from the 9.2 developer preview:

Playable Brokers concept art?

We can see here a Paladin, a Hunter, a Rogue and a spellcaster.

We will be allying with a group called the enlightened in Zereth Mortis.

Give us murlocs already. Press the panic button Blizz.

It's unlikely.
    Well that's just your opinion, not facts.

Now, after you said it, go look at their models and tell me if Gnolls are still more likely.
    They can update the models. How hard is that to not understand? They do that almost all the time.

Dwarves are also norse-inspired. They both share love for drinking, forging and fighting.
    But not raiding and pillaging, like the Vrykuls. And Dwarves have a higher sense of justice then Vrykul. While Vrykul are all about honor and pride, just like the Horde. You can make similarities to them all you want, but Vrykul by lore standard are perfect for the Horde.

How are you so certain that will happen?
    How are you so certain? Do you work at Blizzard?

Why would they get a Paladin class? They're tribal. Unless they worship An'she or the Loa, i don't see that happening. And, why would they go Alliance? By all standards, they are Horde.
    What standard? Being a tribal beast clan doesn't mean nothing. If that was true then the Alliance wouldn't even have the Worgen, Draenei or even Pandaren. And who said that only way to being a Paladin is to worship just those two? Loas wasn't even a thing until BFA. And by lore, Mag'har Orcs hunted Saberon for their hearts and others sacrifices.

They only share a love for war with the Horde. They have more in common with the Beonzrbeard Dwarves of the Alliance. They'd be the perfect counterpart for Ogres on the Horde, as they are both the giant progenitors of Orcs and Humans.
    And that alone is enough for them to join the Horde! Will since that you care so much about "standards", then why would the Vrykul join the Alliance? If they hate humans, what makes you think they're okay with the Dwarves? The may both have Norse-inspired lore, but they have different beliefs and justices from each other that's makes them different from night and day.

And there's not enough Ogres in Azeroth to make them a playable race by lore standards. Plus all the smart Ogres were two-headed and now all dead. Leaving just dumb ones that are too stupid for battle nor unable to learn magic, let alone read.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of lazy to add a faceless race does it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Mok'nathal and Tuskarr would be my choices.

Tuskarr would be awesome;

Okay if Blizz can make them look like those models in WoW and still have a presentable female model, then I can get behind Tuskarr for Alliance. Even thou they would be using Dwarves animation.

Well that's just your opinion, not facts.
    When you see all of the tribal races in the Horde, it's not just an opinion, it's based.

They can update the models. How hard is that to not understand? They do that almost all the time.
    Have they done that recently? Have they intorduced a female model? Currently, Kyrians are a hell more likely.

But not raiding and pillaging, like the Vrykuls. And Dwarves have a higher sense of justice then Vrykul. While Vrykul are all about honor and pride, just like the Horde. You can make similarities to them all you want, but Vrykul by lore standard are perfect for the Horde.
    Are they?
    Does this look Horde to you?

Their relatives, the Drust, even allied with the Alliance.

How are you so certain? Do you work at Blizzard?
    I look at the facts right infront of me.

What standard? Being a tribal beast clan doesn't mean nothing. If that was true then the Alliance wouldn't even have the Worgen, Draenei or even Pandaren. And who said that only way to being a Paladin is to worship just those two? Loas wasn't even a thing until BFA. And by lore, Mag'har Orcs hunted Saberon for their hearts and others sacrifices.
    Worgen are civillized Gilnean Humans. Pandaren are asian motifed humanoids and Draenei are an advanced, light-worshipping aliens. Nothing tribal.

Loas were a thing before BfA, just not as accentuated. Mag'har Orcs also waged war with the Ogres, yet the Stonemaul still joined them in BfA.

And that alone is enough for them to join the Horde! Will since that you care so much about "standards", then why would the Vrykul join the Alliance? If they hate humans, what makes you think they're okay with the Dwarves? The may both have Norse-inspired lore, but they have different beliefs and justices from each other that's makes them different from night and day.
    The Ogres also hated their descendants, the Orcs. And yet, they allied with them countless times.

I think they share a lot more with the Dwarves than, say, the Orcs. Their love for drinking, forging, warfare, titans has a lot more similarities with the Dwarves than with the Orcs.

And there's not enough Ogres in Azeroth to make them a playable race by lore standards. Plus all the smart Ogres were two-headed and now all dead. Leaving just dumb ones that are too stupid for battle nor unable to learn magic, let alone read.
    What? There were barely any Void elves, yet they still became playable.
    Have you missed WoD Ogres? The dumb brutes were replaced with intelligent and roman-cultured Ogres.

It kinda is, but it seems to be implying that way.

..snip..
    Well, technically their "mask's" could be their face.
    Tho they would have to retrofit, if not all then, majority of helms to fit them.
    Tho its a nice concept tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Give us murlocs already. Press the panic button Blizz.
    Second this! We need more Murkey!

These are armor sets available from the zone (Cloth, Leather, Mail, Plate). Some of the screens for the mounts/pets have players wearing pieces of these sets.
    And they look better than the tier gear. Lols

That is concept art for armor for players to wear, probably just from the zone instead of the raid or somewhere else in the patch. You can see this mecha-gnome wearing parts of the cloth set in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    These are armor sets available from the zone (Cloth, Leather, Mail, Plate). Some of the screens for the mounts/pets have players wearing pieces of these sets.
    And they look better than the tier gear. Lols
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    That is concept art for armor for players to wear, probably just from the zone instead of the raid or somewhere else in the patch. You can see this mecha-gnome wearing parts of the cloth set in the video.
    My bad.