Poll: How Influential are Forum Posters

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Blizzard notices your opinion and thinks about it, but they know you are hysterical assholes, so they don't treat you as seriously you expect them. They know what is the best and you are rather advisors than their masters.
    So that's why the changes they make months into the expansion are ones that were suggested in early alpha/beta already, but they chose to ignore them because "they know best".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    So that's why the changes they make months into the expansion are ones that were suggested in early alpha/beta already, but they chose to ignore them because "they know best".
    That's because they surrender when they hear too much whining. If you want worse game, you will get it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    But when it comes to that, how could blizzard change the world so we could get that big adventure back in the game? I think it's difficult since the focus for many is progressing their character these days, instead of going all over the world and do that kind of content. I do think they can make it, but like you I sadly don't think they will.
    Exactly, it's a very difficult question. I had a suggestion which proved to be very unpopular to the community, but I'm not surprised since it would mean that you get rid of a few systems which make it easier to get rewards.

Making the world relevant again would be a first step, but being able to see exactly where and how you get your next itemlevel-upgrade not only discourages exploration but also makes the world really small. Think about it: Worldquests show you 3 locations on your map where you get a guaranteed itemlevel upgrade (up to ilv340(?)) so you visit those 3 locations via your next flightpath but you ignore pretty much everything else on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Would you be more inclined to listen to that very loud shouting and cussing bunch of dudes all the way in the back of the room (forums), or be more interested in the opinions of those silently walking out not saying much about it (sub cancellation surveys)?
    the dudes in the back are the "voice" of the silent majority. like me who unsubbed quietly because i realize the gear grind is pointless because combat feels like shit. thank you to forums who actually fucking care but Blizz ignores them and many others who have criticisms/constructive feedback/suggestions for their godawful release. this expac feels like Legion 1.5 through and through but with less customization besides 3 pieces of "special" gear that are more akin to trinkets 2.0. They should be more inclined to listen to people on the forum because they are putting in their time to voice their opinions whilst the rest will not bother wasting their time and move on from a poorly optimized game. No true freedom of choice in an RPG is not worthy to be called an RPG, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Exactly, it's a very difficult question. I had a suggestion which proved to be very unpopular to the community, but I'm not surprised since it would mean that you get rid of a few systems which make it easier to get rewards.

Making the world relevant again would be a first step, but being able to see exactly where and how you get your next itemlevel-upgrade not only discourages exploration but also makes the world really small. Think about it: Worldquests show you 3 locations on your map where you get a guaranteed itemlevel upgrade (up to ilv340(?)) so you visit those 3 locations via your next flightpath but you ignore pretty much everything else on the map.
    Haven't seen that post before now, but you got some some interesting ideas there. I like the dynamic NPC idea, to make the world a bit more lively. And when it comes to rarespawn, there isn't really rarespawns in Legion/BfA right, like you mention. I would like them to be more like they were in TBC, actually rare, with a longer timer and so on.

When it comes to dailies, World Quests are for me the best iterations of dailies, but they could have spiced it up a bit. It could be a step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you cant ninja in your own guild...
    Why not?

With master loot, the distribution is at the hand of one individual who decides who should receive the item. This does not change whether the group is in the same guild or not.

You trust the distributer or you do not. Being in the same guild does not change that significant detail.

It does happen in guild and it has let to internal drama and guild disintegration. Has not happened to your guild does not mean it does not happen. The chance of it happening is much lower since such guild usually collapse and takes time to rebuild their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Why not?

With master loot, the distribution is at the hand of one individual who decides who should receive the item. This does not change whether the group is in the same guild or not.

You trust the distributer or you do not. Being in the same guild does not change that significant detail.

It does happen in guild and it has let to internal drama and guild disintegration. Has not happened to your guild does not mean it does not happen. The chance of it happening is much lower since such guild usually collapse and takes time to rebuild their roster.
    if you dont trust the distributer, you're not gonna be in that guild.

and internal drama is still just as much a thing, in fact it's worse because it feels infinitely worse to trade an item you already had than to never receive it in the first place

To a degree. In an explosion like WoD and now, forum posters end up forcing Blizzard to at least acknowledge the criticism, even if they don't act on it. The massive critical opinion all over every forum related to the game undoubtedly will make the game bleed a little, and in my opinion if they're unwilling to pay attention to the criticism then that's what they deserve.

That being said I'm under no illusion that Blizzard will go through with any design except for the ones that they personally want. At one point I thought this was a good thing but seeing a second BfA and, at least in my opinion, the minor letdown that was Legion tells me that Blizzard's vision for WoW is not very good anymore.