Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    It'd be nice if Tremor had some big visual over it indicating that "hey the Shaman just saved me from that fear!" nothing crazy but something distinctive would be nice.
    If something magically broke you out of a fear effect and you have a Shaman in the raid, it's probably Tremor.

The issue in PvE is that in Uldir, you don't get feared if you or your raid plays halfway properly, all fear mechanics are totally avoidable.
    In 5man Dungeons you basically have to tell people "Hey, i got tremor, you don't have to LoS this time", in Pugs good players just avoid the fear effect anyway because that's what you usually do.

Tremor doesn't need a visual effect, it needs situations in PvE where the fear effect is unavoidable for certain people or a major hassle to play around it, then people would become aware of the fact that Shaman in fact has something to break a fear / charm / sleep effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    That's wonderful, well done! Make totems great again. Shaman utility has really taken a hit from what I can see, so making use of what we have left is definitely essential. But yeah, it's rare if someone will ever notice a totem save, or someone throwing out Healing Surges or anything. As Enhance, I usually throw out Surges every chance I get when mana is up in hopes to take burdens off the healer (or heal myself).

Can anyone tell me when Tremor was changed so it couldn't be used while you were feared (unless I'm remembering incorrectly)? I played in Vanilla, BC, and Cata prior, so I'm not too keen on when it changed. And moreso, why it changed? I noticed when BfA started and I was doing Underrot, where we wiped to the wonderful fear xD..
    Maybe it's just been too long but I could have sworn you always had to drop it before hand. Like you actually had to be aware of when that fear was going to be an issue and be prepared for it.

And yes I'd loooooove to see some more Totem gameplay come back. I hate they are so meh these days.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Maybe it's just been too long but I could have sworn you always had to drop it before hand. Like you actually had to be aware of when that fear was going to be an issue and be prepared for it.

And yes I'd loooooove to see some more Totem gameplay come back. I hate they are so meh these days.
    Nope, you could use tremor while feared for a long time. The change came in MoP I think.

After double checking - you could use it while feared in Cata through MoP, then in WoD you couldn't.

Pre Cata you coudln't use it while under the effect of fear, but it lasted for 5 minutes (2 minutes in TBC).
    Last edited by melzas; 2018-10-24 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If something magically broke you out of a fear effect and you have a Shaman in the raid, it's probably Tremor.

The issue in PvE is that in Uldir, you don't get feared if you or your raid plays halfway properly, all fear mechanics are totally avoidable.
    In 5man Dungeons you basically have to tell people "Hey, i got tremor, you don't have to LoS this time", in Pugs good players just avoid the fear effect anyway because that's what you usually do.

Tremor doesn't need a visual effect, it needs situations in PvE where the fear effect is unavoidable for certain people or a major hassle to play around it, then people would become aware of the fact that Shaman in fact has something to break a fear / charm / sleep effect.
    I think (ironically) they are afraid of Fear as a mechanic/CC. They really don't want it to be a big thing. Charms and Sleeps could easily be a thing though. People really love Tremor whenever they can play around and coordinate with it. I was able to prevent the fears in SoB +8 with my guildies last night from the big ogre/ettin dudes and it's really just such a big benefit to just be able to keep DPSing and not worry about pulling more things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Nope, you could use tremor while feared for a long time. The change came in MoP I think.
    Huh, I'm getting old and forgetful then.

Played my Shaman since BC (Draenei! Woot!) but can't remember the basics. Sad!
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Things like this is why niche abilities like tremor shouldn't be pruned. Glad to see you got a fistpump moment out of it.

If there was someone else for the shaman boss would die before that fear :d

I think (ironically) they are afraid of Fear as a mechanic/CC. They really don't want it to be a big thing. Charms and Sleeps could easily be a thing though.
    While i don't think you're wrong on that, i still hold their feet to the fire because of that.

As we've seen in (mythic) Uldir, their raid design is (still) far from perfect as far as class stacking goes.
    Blizzard loves to claim how they have (former) hardcore raiders among their devs and QA team, however did no one seriously have the concern that Sub rogues might be too good on Zul?
    This is not a random mechanic via trait or some shit, they are OP because of a built in mechanic of the spec.
    It's not even a fringe spec like Feral or Enhance, Rogue is a staple part of raiding, like how could they miss that?
    Or did they just decide:
    "Hey, instead of this AoE, healing intensive fight, people should log onto their rogue alts, because seriously, any guild has like 3-5 rogue alts ready anyway"

Or Warlock gates on G'huun, even on heroic people want two locks to make things easier.

Stacking pures for a certain mechanic seems fine, but requiring two Shamans for a fight is seemingly too much to ask for.

This is where i go off into the usual "Blizzard hates Shaman" rant, but it really upsets how Blizzard just trolled the Shaman community with Tremor totem, they said Tremor would be useful because they could put those effects back into PvE, then put them in but made them easily avoidable.

Tremor was more useful in the first tier of MoP than in Uldir and that was when "Bring the player not the class" was a thing.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-10-24 at 05:26 PM.

Can Tremor alleviate Pit of Despair during Zul? I hardly raid, and I know it's a curse; just curious. Even then, Tremor totem AoE should be much larger. The idea of a TREMOR is it can be felt by a lot of people. It's AoE should be like, double what it is (it's 30 at the moment).

One of my proudest moments was saving a raid. That said it was a LFR raid, but it still felt amazing. We were wiping over and over on the Fallen Avatar in Tomb of Sargeras, every time because DPS was low and the boss was poorly positioned. We'd barely wipe each time, but we would wipe none the less because the platform would be destroyed.

Seeing what was about to happen yet again, I used my unholy death knight to wraith walk out into the fel and taunted the boss to chase after me. He moved away from the platform, promptly murdered me, then used his platform smash attack far, far away from the platform. I still remember how happy people were, "Wow, what a hero." Definitely one of the best moments I've had in this game, despite being in a petty little LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Can Tremor alleviate Pit of Despair during Zul? I hardly raid, and I know it's a curse; just curious. Even then, Tremor totem AoE should be much larger. The idea of a TREMOR is it can be felt by a lot of people. It's AoE should be like, double what it is (it's 30 at the moment).
    It shouldn't matter what type of debuff it is; if it is a crowd control type that is removable by Tremor totem, it will be removed, unless it is arbitrarily immune to such abilities. Tremor totem is massively underrated, but sometimes tricky to use as it virtually always must be used in advance, rather than in response.

Still, I wonder if this was an oversight from Blizzard, or intended?

Congratulations on using abilities that are available for you.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tremor Totem isn't the most obvious thing in the world...most of the Earth effects seem to be really hard to notice. I have that issue with Earthen Wall Totem. I've had to tell my raid "The dusty smoke stuff? Yeah stand in that. It's good things!"

It'd be nice if Tremor had some big visual over it indicating that "hey the Shaman just saved me from that fear!" nothing crazy but something distinctive would be nice.
    It would be really nice.. saying this as a priest who mainly does PvP I doubt a lot of shamans would agree though..

The earthen wall however, do need to be more visible.. It's such an incredible cooldown, but has one of the hardest effects in the game to see..