View Poll Results: What did you think about the Uldir bosses and difficulty?

Voters
202. This poll is closed
  • Good bosses and good difficulty

128 63.37%
  • Good bosses but too hard

21 10.40%
  • Good bosses but too easy

9 4.46%
  • Bad bosses but good difficulty

36 17.82%
  • Bad bosses and too hard

4 1.98%
  • Bad bosses and too easy

4 1.98%

Thread: Uldir raid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Most M pugs I have been that get into Zul fails with dmg check because not enough rogues, very badly designed boss. Otherwise the difficulty curve seems fine.
    Mythic and Pugs are pretty contradictory words. At least they should be still at this point. I'd have to say that I strongly disagree that a boss that's 6 bosses into the raid is badly designed because a pug can't kill it. Heck I feel that way about Heroic as well.

Anyway, while I've stepped back to just Heroic raiding this expansion, I believe that the difficulty curve has been pretty good and the bosses interesting enough. The environment itself doesn't "wow" me, but it is maybe the best entry raid we've had as far as I can remember.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    although its by far not my favorite place i think they got it mostly right, Normal is a bit easy but Heroic feels just right where is difficult to pug heroic outright but with a core group you can still eek by with some bads

10+ Year Old Account
    overall i think the difficulty curve is out of whack, especially in the first couple of weeks where you could easily clear the first 2 mythic bosses before having killed half the later bosses on heroic, and before the latest changes the requirements of having 'x' number of 'y' class to stack was just stupid and badly designed imho, mechanically the bosses aren't hard in a vacuum but overall there should have been a look at the difficulty curve and made it a little smoother overall.

Absolutely love Uldir. G huun scared me at first but the whole fight has actually grown on me a lot

I liked everything except for the initial attempts on Mythrax. There was just way too much shit on the screen at the same time and gave me a headache. It was quite literally the "bash your head against until you eventually memorize the fight" fight of the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent bosses, slightly too hard difficulty for an opening raid, and WAY WAY WAY too much trash. Overall, decent, C- on a grading scale.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I'm going with bad bosses good difficulty.

it was about as hard as I want a first raid to be

however, G'huun and Fetid are so horrendously fucked up design wise in mythic that I just cant give them the "good bosses" tag.

both of them are RNG filled shitshows that actively punish you for every additional melee you take
    add to that ghuun is a horribly paced fight, p1 is almost irrelevant, p2 has two chunks where what you do matters and then p3 throws everything and the kitchen sink at you.

then you have zul who is a fucking joke, and promotes the most toxic amount of class stacking maybe ever since nefarian.

the rest are mostly fine albeit the whole "bring more than 3-4 melee and you're fucked" rule still applies.

Quote Originally Posted by leewillzy View Post
    The best opening raid since BC in my opinion.
    +1
    /10characters

4/8m player

It's a good overall raid, appropriate difficulty, somewhat interesting bosses.

8/10 overall

Deleted
    if I had to rate this raid Udir and this is being nice I'd give it a 6/10 at best

Good raid except there are way too many bosses (for what it offers) that are really melee unfriendly. But then again, I'm kinda biased as I'm a DK (Unholy one, to even make it worse). Still, 6/8 is pretty good, but I'm keeping that bench warm for Mythrax progress.

My biggest gripe is that a lot of the difficulty isn't as much from mechanics as much as it is from dps checks
    stun/kill on mother adds (this got of course became a joke with gear, but was kinda tough for us week 1)
    slowing bleeds fucking people on zek during surging
    2nd immuno cast on vectis
    corpuscules on fetid
    pushing zul before more hexxers spawn
    dps checks on basically every add on mythrax

we're getting close with mythrax, at least ghuun looks to be more about the mechanics, and focusing a bit more healing into the boil soakers,

also, something I enjoyed about most of the mop-legion raids was that damage was not only well telegraphed and timed, but tightly wound into debuffs and such, making healing focused on to the correct targets more important

in this raid we have uhhhh basically have the 3 outer ring bosses for that, other than that, it's just about slowly topping people off from whatever else is going on with some obvious raid nukes to pop cd's for

2/10 final score, one of the worst raids in the past 4 expansions

The zone looks alright except Mythrax/G'huun. No particularly interesting lore/story. Very meh mog. Awful trinkets. Stupid azerite bonus that means people intentionally equip downgrades to get the right bonus directly contradicting Blizzard's claims about why they build systems, there's an optimization problem: optimize gear with stat X above stat Y, it's literally the reforging with hit problem, and they brought it back.

The first two bosses are trivial and forgettable. Zek'voz is badly designed and too long intentionally to make the last phase "matter", but the boss is trivial with gear so the mechanics didn't really matter. Vectis is okay, but boring for DPS and tanks, and the vector is not visible enough. Fetid is just a great example of absolutely terrible boss design (RNG can make the fight substantially harder, and it's highly unforgiving on comp). Zul would be interesting if the adds actually mattered. But since they don't, you can cheese it with rogues. Mythrax can be boiled down to spread out, kill the add that spawns, which makes it basically a subset of G'huun, and too similar to Fetid. On top of that, it has other pretty poorly thought out mechanics. G'huun is just trash until P3 and then for a few minutes it's a pretty good fight. Orb running was bad design, it heavily emphasizes warlocks (who are already emphasized in this "dps down X before Y and spread out so don't bring melee" raid), but also required 4 warlocks prior to the nerf. The first phase trash in the middle of the room is inconsequential and difficult to wipe to, it feels like it's just there so you're not basically AFK waiting for people to run orbs. Phase 2 has the bad design of pillars being able to spawn close to one another and coinciding with feasts which requires people to leave the feast to soak. It'd have been a better mechanic if the pillars always spawn at least X degrees apart around the room, or if the feast came out shortly after the pillars spawn so you can place the feast central to them and have the raid position accordingly, either is fine since it adds coordination to solve the mechanic, but the overlaps as is are just bad since people "deal with it" by intentionally failing one mechanic and thereby likely killing themselves.

Someone was way, way too attached to this "spread out" and "kill X before it does Y" thing, because it's 5/8 of the bosses. I bet they play Affliction.