Poll: When did you start?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think most are telling the truth but there are some lying mofos without a doubt as well. Just like the toxic, classic hating prick I was arguing with in another thread who claims to have played since day 1.
    The reality is newer players tend to hate old school wow players and they would never take part in a poll like this because they feel it is a dick measuring contest.
    So many new players act like they have short mans complex as it is lol. I don't blame them though, they can't help they had other shit going on then.

I have nothing against newer players as it is important for the game. I just can't stand their intolerance for classic and disgusting toxic attitude.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a late Wrath baby, come at me.

But apparently everyone these days is a closed beta tester back before Jesus was even born.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Early 2005. Dire Maul was the first patch I remember, but I was around right after Mauradon was released. 1.2.4ish MC/Ony were the only raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I'm a late Wrath baby, come at me.

But apparently everyone these days is a closed beta tester back before Jesus was even born.
    Don’t be jello cause you weren’t farming SM with us and Moses back in 2003.

I don't know exactly what patch it was, but about a year after Vanilla was released and played regularly up through WOTLK. I bought expansions but never really made it past hitting max level. Got back into the game in Legion. played right up to the just before the last raid opened there and took another break. then cam back for BFA. As of right now I haven;t logged in in about 3 weeks. BFA is kind of Meh.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played trial accounts and on private servers for quite some time but officially I started in August 2007, so I picked Burning Crusade

5+ Year Old Account
    I started in BC..but this data surprises me..

I wonder how many active wow players actually started in Classic. I doubt there would realistically be this many proportionately, bc that's just so long ago.
    It would be a nice set of data to see which expansion most current players hail from. I'm genuinely curious!

My guess would be Wrath or BC tbh

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember when exactly, but I do recall it was some month before BGs became a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I started in BC..but this data surprises me..

I wonder how many active wow players actually started in Classic. I doubt there would realistically be this many proportionately, bc that's just so long ago.
    It would be a nice set of data to see which expansion most current players hail from. I'm genuinely curious!

My guess would be Wrath or BC tbh
    It's not too surprising. A lot of people grew up with Warcraft (not just wow) and were there from classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played Burning Crusade on a private server from 2008 to 2010
    Then subscribed to the retail game in October 2010. Technically it was still Wrath, but just before Cataclysm. I subscribed actually because of we would be able to fly in Azeroth.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think somewhere in 2005-2006.
    Was at a friends place and he let me farm some bog monsters in Un'goro Crater on his lvl60 Mage.

Told me to "press this button" if some Hordies came by, with the button being the famed double trinket PoM Pyro macro.
    I one-shot some poor Tauren that attacked me and was instantly hooked.

Sadly my PC at the time was garbage so I just ended up playing my friends Mage whenever I was at his place.
    Didn't get my own copy of WoW until I got out of the army in early 2008.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Can't remember when exactly, but I do recall it was some month before BGs became a thing.

It's not too surprising. A lot of people grew up with Warcraft (not just wow) and were there from classic.
    Well I'm more so talking about current players, not just people to play on and off or grew up with it. If Blizzard scanned the accounts of the current couple million players, I wonder which expacs most would hail from. I simply think most people on the poll who started in Classic are a result of the forum's demographic, not the entire playerbase. I honestly really enjoy wow statistics, they're pretty fun imo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Well I'm more so talking about current players, not just people to play on and off or grew up with it. If Blizzard scanned the accounts of the current couple million players, I wonder which expacs most would hail from. I simply think most people on the poll who started in Classic are a result of the forum's demographic, not the entire playerbase. I honestly really enjoy wow statistics, they're pretty fun imo!
    Well not to bad-talk BfA but at the moment I can't imagine newcomers liking it as much as people who spent so much of their life with their game - just holding onto the game they love that Blizzard is messing up.

But I agree, seeing actual WoW statistics could be really fun!

Mid TBC? Roughly, never heard of WoW ever xD stumbled across it looking for another copy of Delta Force: Black Hawk Down in PC World.
    Played the trial thought it was terrible, but my GF persuaded me to play with her for a bit. Done so for a few months then quit, returned in WOTLK to try once more and met some amazing people - played because of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Patch 1.0.8.

Started playing in 2005.

Closed beta classic. RIP. I've been a Blizzard fan for most of my life, I used to love those Adventures of Bran Bronzebeard that Blizzard would do for the lead up toward WoW. I still get goosebumps when I listen to this track's first minute, I remember Blizz releasing this as a bit of a teaser. (I burned it to a CD!)

When I got my beta invite I almost died. I really wish I had my screenshots from back then, I'm still holding out hope that I find them one day.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2018-10-24 at 02:38 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8