Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Good for leveling, absolutely horrible in every other way. The only time they were good is when they were new, as in "I've seen this for the first time", replaying them is just... pointless?

Sure, they give a lump of azerite every week but each player has a limited time they can spend on a game, why would you pick the expeditions? They take a lot of time for very little in return. You're better off doing a dungeon, pugging a raid, clearing old content, farming stuff for gold, doing pvp, almost everything has better "value for money" or in this case "value for time spent". World quests and emissaries are a chore already, don't create more chores for players, if you want to add new content, give it a reward that will feel like an actual reward, because azerite and a possible bonus crap feels like a shit salary with a possibility of a pathetic bonus...

Deleted
    ResidentSleeper

But trash mobs are the BEST PART about dungeons and raids! It's SO AWESOME that they give us an entire subsection of the game that's nothing but! Man, Blizzard totally has their finger on the pulse of their playerbase! Merchants of fun, indeed!!!

I have zero feels about islands as I have yet to run even one. Nothing about it even interests me at this time.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Like I said, I am also not a fan of them..but what is "meaningful content", if pets, mounts and transmogs are "bribes"? Is gear meaningful and not a bribe? What about AP? Oh wait, it already awards that..so..what?
    What immediately comes to mind are stories. We're in the Battle for Azeroth and yet tons of races and locations aren't being used in the slightest so why not extend the quest reward you sometimes attain at the end of an expedition and stretch it out. The Vrykul are talking about Helya being alive so lets explore that by having to do a series of expeditions in to Northrend or Stormheim whereas Duke Hydraxis tells us the elements are fighting again in Stonecore because of the Azerite so lets go poking around and see what's going on. Maybe we can see how Alterac Valley has changed too in a revamped BG.

Fill these expeditions with actual mechanics and story but maintain the open-world aspect so you're left with choices in regards to how difficult the encounter will be much like the system in Ulduar and make the reward based on that difficulty. Each week they could release a couple of races from a rotation which have a chain that covers several expeditions.

I mean, it's not perfect and we all know how fast players consume content but I feel that anything is better than what we have now. Treat it more like a dungeon but structured like a group quest chain.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-10-22 at 11:16 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Without heirlooms the xp isnt truly that great

As for the rewards its so convoluted how you actually get them that trying to tell others to do something when they will just look at you with a blank stare or just say WTF are you talking about in chat has made me feel that this is a feature that WILL be soloable in the not too distant future and that is when i will go after them cause right now its a massive cluster fuck of confusion and awful RNG!

Its an compeltly diffrent experience depending on spec and class.

On my dh tank i can pull the entire island in the lower difficulties.
    On my rogue i can barely take on a pack on even normal lol.
    On my frostmage i can aoe unlimited amount of mele mobs even on mythic. 1 rangemob however is more dangerous than 100 melemobs^^

I wish it wasnt a race against some useless npcs. Instead, id prefer it as an exploration feature. Remove the weekly reward and let the mobs/chests/veins you loot BE the reward.

You get 3 islands per week, clear them fully or not, its up to you. This way they could make the islands bigger aswell. I think id enjoy that alot more. I hate how i get thrown out whenever we are full on azerite even thou there are a recently spawned invasion wave that isnt dead yet...

This crap could easily be a solo feature and i bet it will by the time this xpac is done!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried them twice on my alt (never tried them on my main) and never played them again. I just don't care about AP and the rewards are meh (even the mounts and pets).

They're great for leveling. Leveled multiple characters through them, with a combined 20-30 levels gained through them easily. Tons of pets, BoEs and AP along the way (though I fly to collect the AP only once I'm completely done with leveling). I keep my alts in the inn, raising their rest experience and I do a few island expeditions with them here and then. That being said, there's a lot of room for improvement.

They're not difficult with a character that was geared up through world quests in Legion and with legendaries. They become hard at around 118, which is when you're likely to have a huge discrepancy between the character's level and gear; the character ends up being 115+ with Legion gear and no legendaries, which isn't great. Luckily there's the vendors which provide boons for doubloons.

One thing I'd like to see is a way to get BoP gear for your characters while doing island expeditions, unimpacted by the current loot table and completely separate from it, so the characters can somewhat gear up as we level. Another thing that should be added is the ship's island expedition vendor outside the actual instance and they should put them right next to the table where you que, so you don't have to join an expedition, buy stuff and then leave to send items to your alt. These are two improvements I'd like to see and believe would make a positive impact on the whole player experience in regards to island expeditions, though there is definitely a lot of other ways that they can be improved.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-24 at 06:18 AM.

Did 5 on each character to unlock mission table upgrades, will never do any again. Boring, pointless.

Horrible but PvP ones can be potentially cool after few few fundamental changes.

Great alt leveling tool. Stopped playing them on that alt after the alt dings 120.

Didn't like them at first, but now I feel they're a good time waster. Perfect if you feel like doing something without much effort. Certainly more fun than heroic dungeons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    They are okay. Better than scenarios and an amazing option for leveling your friends alts, while getting something in return as well. Before when leveling friends you would realistically get shit for doing so. Doing it while doing island expeditions gets you AP, pets, mounts and toys. None of those are huge reasons as to why I play, but it's something.

They are somewhat enjoyable, but I also like running around in circles for 2 mins and mass AoEing shit down seeing things explode. If they ramped up some of the special events (they have since launch), you can move away from the AoE model of playing some.

Not the best content, but considering it's optional you really don't HAVE to do it. And no, the 2500 AP weekly reward isn't necessary. This isn't me saying I enjoy them, but I don't hate them either. I'm okay with them existing, and just thankful they aren't mandatory content. I can see why some people might really like them though.
    It was a main expansion feature that was on the back of the box alongside raids. its unacceptable they they are considered "good for levelling alts" and that's it... its pathetic

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSnoopy View Post
    It was a main expansion feature that was on the back of the box alongside raids. its unacceptable they they are considered "good for levelling alts" and that's it... its pathetic
    So what? There are plenty of expansion features, even pretty core ones that nobody does because they aren't interested in them.

Arena was a major feature of TBC, and I know people who detest arena and also people who have never touched it. Pet battling and collection was major feature of MoP, and I know people who have zero interest in it. I could literally drone on about every fucking expansion feature to ever be created, and could literally say the same thing about all of them.

I'm not defending the state of Island Expeditions. Are there people who like them? I'm sure. Despite what people think, there is quite a bit of variety in the activity you can engage in while playing this game, and it's probably pretty rare that you find somebody who likes absolutely everything. I don't like them, I find them mildly amusing at times and that's about it. It's okay to have features that aren't for everybody though, there are plenty of them in the game already.