Why, in M+ are people saying "Don't join if you're an engineer"?

Seems really random. Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is one in the team is already an engineer and wants the parts to make the Engi mount. That is assuming you saw this on motherlode. Duno if they drop in M+ too tho.

There's some stuff in motherlode that engineers can loot, but multiple engineers have to share loot. I'm not sure that it applies to m+ and not just regular mythic, though.

You cannot loot it in m+, so I have never heard it.

But obviously it is common for motherlode mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    There's some stuff in motherlode that engineers can loot, but multiple engineers have to share loot. I'm not sure that it applies to m+ and not just regular mythic, though.
    Ah so the host is probably engineer and doesn't want to share? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    Ah so the host is probably engineer and doesn't want to share? Thanks
    Yep. You need to scrap the robot trash mobs for the parts to craft https://www.wowhead.com/item=161134/mecha-mogul-mk2
    And you need a lot of robots so you don't want to share them with anyone else.
    But as the previous posters said. You can't scrap the robots on m+ only on normal mythic.

The recipe drops in M+ but the mats can only be engineered in M0

Yeah and I see few douchebags who pull random shit for "parts". I often kick them in middle of run.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    The recipe drops in M+ but the mats can only be engineered in M0
    The recipe doesn't matter however and can even be traded if the looter already had it. So excluding engineers in M+ doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Yeah and I see few douchebags who pull random shit for "parts". I often kick them in middle of run.
    You sound pretty tough. In my experience it's mostly hunters who overgear a M0 by 70 ilvls and having them there makes the run go much faster, so pulling a couple of extra robots is no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    You sound pretty tough. In my experience it's mostly hunters who overgear a M0 by 70 ilvls and having them there makes the run go much faster, so pulling a couple of extra robots is no problem at all.
    That's why I don't take hunters for my mother 0
    If you want farm some shit go with friends OR say it when you join group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    Seems really random. Why is that?
    Guessing you mean M0 and not M+.

In M0 they probably have an Engineer (most likely the leader) who is looking for more people to carry him through so he can literally pull all the mobs and take 40 min doing a 15 min dungeon so you can pretty much help him farm for the 2M gold mount so he can make and sell for profit at your time and expense.

Basically, don't join that group, find another one.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Guessing you mean M0 and not M+.

In M0 they probably have an Engineer (most likely the leader) who is looking for more people to carry him through so he can literally pull all the mobs and take 40 min doing a 15 min dungeon so you can pretty much help him farm for the 2M gold mount so he can make and sell for profit at your time and expense.

Basically, don't join that group, find another one.
    Good advice, ty haha