Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    If you don't interrupt FB you lose 1 Icicle
    You never lose icicles. They fire automatically if you're at cap.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    You never lose icicles. They fire automatically if you're at cap.
    Yes, it firing off at the boss is losing an icicle because it is not contributing to GS. That was his/her point, if you cast a frostbolt at 5 icicles, then you are essentially wasting that icicle because it is not contributing to a GS and the whole point of frostbolt when spec'd into GS is to get as many GS casts per encounter as possible.

Cancelling is definitely better, not a huge amount but it is better.
    Last edited by Kalti; 2019-01-18 at 04:50 AM.

A bad accidential cast is still almost always better than a cancel.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda new to the frost mage, but can't really figure out, when is a best time to fire up Ice Lance with Glacial Spike talented? Heard really conflicting info from icy veins and wowhead guides.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    I'm kinda new to the frost mage, but can't really figure out, when is a best time to fire up Ice Lance with Glacial Spike talented? Heard really conflicting info from icy veins and wowhead guides.
    Ice Lance? Whenever you have a FoF charge in general, so long as you don't interrupt the core combo:

CAST TIME SPELL -> BRAIN FREEZE -> LANCE.

If you're casting a FB or GS into a FB and find you got a FoF proc, dont interrupt your combo - you just need to let the FoF proc be munched. It's FAR better to waste a FoF charge than it is a potential second BF proc.

Outside that, feel free to dump FoF charges whenever they pop up so long as you don't have a more important CD to press at the time like Orb, Comet Storm or IV.

If I'm casting my fourth FB and FoF procs, I'll hold it and cast my fifth FB (since you can hold 2 FoF charges). After that, I cast Lance. This gives a short window to see if my fifth FB proc'd Brain Freeze, which is handy to prevent munching BF procs when fishing for it for GS.

You can (and should) also hold an FoF proc if you know you need to move VERY soon.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Litterally i wouldnt even bother canceling your complicating a simple rotation, i never cancel and never had a complaint

Just stack mastery and don't cast ice lance if pure single target. Only do so if you cleave. Any flurry is kept for the GS, ebon bolt's flurry is also used for GS. Feels bad to munch flurry and ignore FoF but what can you do if blizzard can't design classes properly.

Everyone saying "I do X and it is fine" is missing the point. The question is what is better, and the answer is cancelling is better but only by a little bit.

Everything is is just noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, whats your opinion about Incandescent Sliver trinket? Is it worth wear it on progress fights where you cant have lets say above 50% uptime max stacks? Bloodmallet count 100% uptime, right?
    Last edited by Gavran; 2019-02-27 at 06:08 PM.

You can sim it at raidbots.

Just add the line
    bfa.incandescent_sliver_chance=0.5