Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    This got me thinking... why do these keystones even exist to begin with? They made more sense when the affixes were random, but now they are all the same anyway. All it adds is busywork to get your key to 10 if you want the weekly. Why not just make players able to pick whatever difficulty they prefer? If Blizzard is afraid that it will be exploited to do really high level ones, just make it so you can only do +1 of a version you have completed in time (the leader only that is).
    impossible because then people would run only 1 easiest dungeon like freehold and ignore every other showing how weak mythic + system is in reality

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely do do M+, and when I do, I never lead. Now I gotta be sure to not accidently loot the key from the chest.

Already got completely full bank + bags, got 4 spaces for items free, and now only 3
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    I honestly don't get why many whine about SotS. It's one of the most straightforward dungeons in BfA, bosses have 1-2 easily avoidable/manageable abilities and trash is easy to control aside from few caster packs at the beginning. SotS is actually one of my favorite ones! (my highest is +17 timed on tyrannical week)

The "fun detected" thing used to be a meme, but this expansion in particular it feels more like a policy than a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    impossible because then people would run only 1 easiest dungeon like freehold and ignore every other showing how weak mythic + system is in reality
    Just do so you can only get loot from that one dungeon in the chest at the end. Easy enough. Keep the weekly chest as it is. Those like me who only do 1 mythic+ per week for the chest will just do the easy ones anyway.

Just do so you can only get loot from that one dungeon in the chest at the end. Easy enough. Keep the weekly chest as it is. Those like me who only do 1 mythic+ per week for the chest will just do the easy ones anyway.
    That would create a problem where let's say your BIS trinket drops from Waycrest, so you run a Waycrest, then friends ask you to help them out in Freehold and you'll be "nah, that'll fuck up my chances for the trinket from the weekly chest, so guess I'm out". Any system that discourages you from playing with friends is bad, that's why for example they went away from shared raid lockouts, so now if you help friends in normal, you aren't locked out of heroic, or you can help friends rekill a boss you're already loot locked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That would create a problem where let's say your BIS trinket drops from Waycrest, so you run a Waycrest, then friends ask you to help them out in Freehold and you'll be "nah, that'll fuck up my chances for the trinket from the weekly chest, so guess I'm out". Any system that discourages you from playing with friends is bad, that's why for example they went away from shared raid lockouts, so now if you help friends in normal, you aren't locked out of heroic, or you can help friends rekill a boss you're already loot locked to.
    As I said, weekly stays as it is, so you can get from all dungeons, even if you only did one like it is now. It is only the end of dungeon chest that only gives from that one specific dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, weekly stays as it is, so you can get from all dungeons, even if you only did one like it is now. It is only the end of dungeon chest that only gives from that one specific dungeon.
    So it would work exactly like it does now?

Somehow me and the group I run with ended up with 4 kings rest's and 1 Motherlode this week. Great fun.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    So it would work exactly like it does now?
    More or less. The problem right now is that you can't target specific dungeons on your own. IF you want to farm Waycrest for the trinket, you need to be lucky and find people who all have 10+ waycrest keys. Same if you want the 2h from Kings Rest.

You can get a different key, just dont loot the ones you dont like

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...eys_confirmed/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    You can get a different key, just dont loot the ones you dont like

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...eys_confirmed/
    Oh that is golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    So whatever key you get, you're stuck with until you complete.. I don't see how this change improves the game.
    Blizzard try too hard and they are control freaks.

Trying to control every small detail about the game is going to be their downfall (sorry for sounding dramatic). Azeroth is feeling more and more like a jail without any free will.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    "Mythic Keystones can no longer be deleted."
    After deleting a key, if you ran a high m+ you were getting a high m+ key out of the chest in the end of that run. This is why they are probably putting this "fix". Not for the people that were deleting keys to get different dungeons, but for people who were putting 1 alt in their +10-11 runs to generate new/more +10 keys every 30 mins.. Will slow down the endless split runs and boosts.

This is so funny. So people delete keys as they dont want to do certain instances with certain debuffs so now they cannot do it.

In some ways i support it as people should stop being a bunch of fannies and just do the instance, but on the other hand its bad as son people will just not do there key. I mena god forbid they fix the issues!
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

This lowers the chance to run the dungeon you want to run by many times when in a team/guild group. Instead of getting 5 new keys after a run you will get 1. So if you are on a team and want to practice a specific dungeon or set of dungeons. This will make it much more tedious.

When running with random pugs it does not change much, as you will just have to sign up for the one you want. And getting an unpopular key with a low score will make it more annoying.

So it in a way further pushes people away from organized group play and to the more degenerate kind of modern PUG play-style.

Well, I actually used this key deleting technique quite often in the past. If you look at my IO score, I'm currently about 1k with a +13 WCM as best instance and +12 ML in time (both on Tyrannical) - then +11 AD/BR in time plus a bunch of +10's.

Since it's Fortified and Quaking, it was quite unlikely for me to beat my previous Tyrannical time in either WCM - and once I finished some other +12, attempting any of them on even a +13 became quite pointless to me; it would neither drop anything of value nor would I improve my IO score with it.

However, there were quite a few other dungeons that I would like to work on to improve my score. Like for instance a KR, Shrine or Temple.

This week, I got a +12 Shrine in my weekly chest. I was unable to do the +12 and the +11 went way above time - so much above time that I figured it unlikely to complete the +10 in time.

Still being able to delete that key would have given me the incentive to run somebody else's WCM or ML key (even without making timer) simply for the chance of replacing mine with something that would be more valuable to me.

To make matters worse - I'm also obviously not getting invited into any decent KR groups considering my low score in that dungeon. But that low score it merely due to the fact that so far, I didn't get any KR key in my weekly chest. As a matter of fact, of all those keys +10 or higher that I ever got in my weekly chests, I have a decent completion.

How exactly am I going to improve my score in those few "exotic" dungeons when Blizzard makes it harder to actually get a key of any of those myself.

I am not sure whether Blizzard has considered these side-effects. I somehow feel their intention was to prevent people from skipping "hard" dungeons - without realizing that it would also make it a lot harder for those folks who would like to explicitly run those, to learn and improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    How exactly am I going to improve my score in those few "exotic" dungeons when Blizzard makes it harder to actually get a key of any of those myself.

I am not sure whether Blizzard has considered these side-effects. I somehow feel their intention was to prevent people from skipping "hard" dungeons - without realizing that it would also make it a lot harder for those folks who would like to explicitly run those, to learn and improve.
    Score is not a part of M+ design. It's third party shit. Blizzard has no reason to care about you 'improving your third party shit score'. The game doesn't require you to run every dungeon, the rewards for that are only achievements.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    You will run through our content and YOU WILL LIKE IT!! - Blizzard, 2018.