Did no one else notice?

Been sitting around waiting for people to have given some indication that they saw that one little line in all the patch notes the last couple days, but apparently it went completely under the radar.

Battle for Azeroth dungeons now automatically change you to a spec that matches the role you chose when you queued.
    honestly, at this rate i think the first thing people will say about it on the wow forums is how they were forced to be tank spec to tank in a random heroic instead of cheesing it as a dpbadtank
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Been sitting around waiting for people to have given some indication that they saw that one little line in all the patch notes the last couple days, but apparently it went completely under the radar.

honestly, at this rate i think the first thing people will say about it on the wow forums is how they were forced to be tank spec to tank in a random heroic instead of cheesing it as a dpbadtank
    Just changes you to a spec, doesn't say it forces you to stay that spec. Sounds more like a quality of life change so if you queue for more than one role or you're questing as one but dungeons as another you don't have to change specs and all that good stuff.

Queued dungeons don't lock you to a spec, you can just switch at any point inside the instance.

Pretty small change that does nothing.

I've had issues when I queued as a healer, while I was in a DPS spec doing my worldly stuff, and when I joined the group, they started pulling like crazy before I had time to change specs. I learned to switch to healer when the queue pops, before accepting it. So it sounds like a nice little change.

On the other hand, I have my gear sets automated to change when I change specs. In BGs, when they change my spec automatically, they don't change the gear with it, and I had some embarrassing moments due to this. I hope it doesn't happen with this dungeon change.

15+ Year Old Account
    What about tw? Had a disc priest queue as dps and she did did less than the disc healer

10+ Year Old Account
    You can change your spec at any time after you queue into the dungeon, this thread is a big non issue

Argh, really? So if I want to queue as a tank or heals as dps just for the quick queue time and try to get carried, you're telling me I have to change my spec back to dps once inside the dungeon, risking the others noticing my spec and kicking me out faster? I hate Ion.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't be decieving the queue. If the group kicks you for switching to a role you did not queue as, then that is all on you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just a QOL change really

I queued as Resto while levelling/doing WQ as Elemental, like I always do. Sometimes I forget to switch back to Resto and drink before accepting queue, which is annoying because PuG tanks will immediately start pulling on zone-in.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)