Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    as long as there are enough idiots buying this shit, without supporting otherwise much of the game, why you should invest your money in expensive complex core game systems like Loot systems, reward systems, lore, raids, dungeons, etc ?
    Because the shop relies on people who actually play the game. If Blizzard doesn't invest in making a good game that attracts players to play it, they aren't exactly going to have any customers spending money on the cosmetics that go with it. If anything, having the shop is a positive incentive for Blizzard to produce a good game.

This argument that the shop is responsible for shitty expansions is both illogical and unsubstantiated by any facts. The shop has been around since WotLK and since then there have been good expansions and less good expansions. There isn't even a correlation, let alone demonstrable causation.

this is the reason why i do not like that ppl. they help to destroy the game they use to just collect cute shit. helping to destroy your investment, this alone is stupid. but also tomorrow, when the game is finally crap, no one plays any longer and servers go down, THIS ppl just say „oh damn, my nice online collection closed the doors“ but the ppl that really play and loved the game for decades loose their beloved hobby. this sucks.
    Ironically I would argue that those people who support the shop are doing a lot to keep this game alive by ensuring that it remains profitable, thus giving Blizzard the best possible incentive to keep on investing in it despite the age-related decline in the subscriber base.

If you want to look at an actual threat to the continued existence of the game, I suggest you start with the toxic, cynically negative people who seem to have nothing better to do with their time than shit all over Blizzard and WoW at every opportunity they get in an effort to deter people from playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asjon View Post
    It's already benefitting from having a subscription. That alone should generate a hefty amount of money. Stop defending this bullshit.
    You still haven't presented an argument. Nor have you answered the question I keep asking (how exactly do you think this game would benefit from not having shop mounts?) But sure, go ahead and just spout a few more unsubstantiated assertions, and while you're at, why don't you try scolding me like a little schoolboy (irony, I wonder?)

Yes, the game benefits from having a subscription. But that income is down significantly from it's peak. Not only that, but subscriptions haven't even increased in the 14 years that WoW has been around, so inflation has also eaten into that income. And yet you probably expect them to keep churning out better quality content in greater volumes.

Sorry friend, but this isn't "bullshit". It's basic economics.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2018-12-14 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    13/400 or so mounts really isn't hurting the game from having unique/new/cool mounts. Do I wish they could be earned ingame? Of course I do but I can still easily get what is in my opinion way better looking/cooler ones ingame.

I mean the mount from Mythic Jaina looks fucking amazing imo. So does that G.M.O.D one.
    I'm still mad because all the unique WoD mounts minus the Gronns got fucking added as a storemount, aslong as we have stupid people buying them we get them I guess. Economics only work with how much money the idiot that is willing to spend his money on it.

I'm still mad because all the unique WoD mounts minus the Gronns got fucking added as a storemount, aslong as we have stupid people buying them we get them I guess. Economics only work with how much money the idiot that is willing to spend his money on it.
    And who are you to decide they are idiots? Is it your money?

Worry about your own finances. Not the finances of other people or what they spend it on.

Deleted
    And who are you to decide they are idiots? Is it your money?

Worry about your own finances. Not the finances of other people or what they spend it on.
    It's thanks to them we got the bullshit with WoD and the mounts. And people here even are okay with the WoD fiasco. Just downright despicable.

Disgusting is the only word I have for it.

It's thanks to them we got the bullshit with WoD and the mounts. And people here even are okay with the WoD fiasco. Just downright despicable.

Disgusting is the only word I have for it.
    You care way too much about how other people spend their money if I'm honest.

What next you gonna kick em in outdoor dungeons if you see them on the mount? Like people did with LFR ToT and the store helms to act like they had the moral high ground and shit?

Again stop caring about others finances. It's none of your business what people spend their money on nor is it your right to dictate what people spend their money on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it!

Might be a new year's gift for the wife and I.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    You care way too much about how other people spend their money if I'm honest.

What next you gonna kick em in outdoor dungeons if you see them on the mount? Like people did with LFR ToT and the store helms to act like they had the moral high ground and shit?

Again stop caring about others finances. It's none of your business what people spend their money on nor is it your right to dictate what people spend their money on.
    Yep that's exactly what I'm going to do. But don't worry. I don't queue up for LFR or do normal. And that's exactly where all these store-buying-dweeps are found.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Love it!

Might be a new year's gift for the wife and I.
    Yeah bought a couple of WoW tokens and bought myself it as an early Christmas gift.

Plus I'm close to 250 mounts so y'know.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep that's exactly what I'm going to do. But don't worry. I don't queue up for LFR or do normal. And that's exactly where all these store-buying-dweeps are found.
    Pretty sad stance to take if you ask me. But w/e I guess.

Never seen someone get so tilted over how someone else spends their money.

Anywho it's clear you aren't interested in a discussion rather than throwing petty insults at people for spending their money so I'll just leave it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand the "wings ruin it" complaints as I think they look perfectly fine on the mount while flying around. I rather there not be wings on it when I'm using it as a ground mount.

I don't get the Tyreal Charger comparisons as well because I have loved that mount since I got it years ago.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Next steps is to sell a 'mount box' that has a small chance to contain a now unobtainable mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    Next steps is to sell a 'mount box' that has a small chance to contain a now unobtainable mount.
    Yep and the minute they do that I'm out.

I don't mind these store mounts. Lootboxes can go fuck themselves. Pissed me off when they redesigned HotS around that when you used to be able to directly by the skin for a set amount.

I mean... Well. If I do a cost benefit analysis on the assumption that this could have been in the voldunai Paragon chest. This costs what, $25?

If I bought it (which I won't) that's a little over 1 hour of work. There is absolutely no way I would grind it in that time let alone enjoy rep grinding for the chances at it so I think it's fine. The best place for it? Nah but better than where it would likely be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    That's already in game with black market auction house

well stated. i like the way you argumented this. and i even want to agree... but i just cant. in my mind i see this hordes of wow players, paying blizz 15 bugs a month over decades and going online every 2 weeks to farm some herbs or do a pet battle and look at their cute mounts and pets and go off, while paying blizz another 30-50 bugs every here and then.

and know what ? i would have not the slightest problem with that ppl. everyone is free to play the game how they like it. and as you said, what is cute and how to have fun, is totally subjective. no concerns here.

but... the happening of this is horrible for the the game overall. feeding blizz and teaching them that could make a good amount of money with that shit is exactly that part that made blizz to the company they are today. they are greedy, they are lame, they are out of touch. why not when you get rich with supporting that niche ? why makin a good xpac (BfA) when you also can develop cost effective by putting in some new 100 pets and an expensive cute mount and gear on the store. as long as there are enough idiots buying this shit, without supporting otherwise much of the game, why you should invest your money in expensive complex core game systems like Loot systems, reward systems, lore, raids, dungeons, etc ?

this is the reason why i do not like that ppl. they help to destroy the game they use to just collect cute shit. helping to destroy your investment, this alone is stupid. but also tomorrow, when the game is finally crap, no one plays any longer and servers go down, THIS ppl just say „oh damn, my nice online collection closed the doors“ but the ppl that really play and loved the game for decades loose their beloved hobby. this sucks.

sorry, principally i agree to nearly everything you said, but i cant call it a good thing, helping to make blizz to that fucked up company they become. ppl feeding them money for nothing are exactly the ppl that help destroying their game and ours.
    So, it seems you're confused, here. There are several development teams at Blizzard for their different games. In the WoW department, the people making in-game mounts are the artists, which are not the teams that work on raids, pvp, balancing, bug fixes, story, etc. You're getting angry that a store mount is cute, blaming the entirety of Blizzard for not working on the things that need to be worked on, when those two things have absolutely no correlation, other than being in the same game.
    On one thing I agree with you: BfA is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and there are things that need to be fixed with it. But, mounts have little to do with that.

You've also moved your goalposts - your original complaint was that people thought the mount was cute, and that those that think the mount is cute should "go play a Hello Kitty manga eyes game" instead. Now, you have moved those goalposts to dislike the store in general. Which, as Raelbo so kindly pointed out, the store actually gives Blizzard more money to be able to get more resources to do things that players would like. Wrath of the Lich King added store mounts and pets, yet it is heralded as a wonderful expansion - MoP and Legion are remembered fondly by people as well. Cata, WoD, and BfA have all had their problems, but store mounts wasn't the reason that those expansions were boring or poorly written, as stated above.

But in the end I have to question your motives for these posts anyway, because your reasoning is all over the playing field here. Blizzard is a company, and you're angry and surprised by them wanting to get more money? Besides that, you do know that most of their store pets and mounts have had huge success in donating to charity in the past, right? You also know that the charity events for those collectibles usually come out when those mounts are released (when they're sold at the highest volume), right? Granted, they haven't done that with every single one of them - like this current one, admittedly. But it's absolutely false to say that Blizz is "only in it for the money" when so much money has been raised for charity through these cute collectibles, and the money that is kept later on is used for making better products in all Blizzard work.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Love the "Flying Fox"

Had to splash out for it after seeing it on MMO Champ yesterday

One of the most beautiful mounts I now have.

Although , probably just not as nice as Ban Lu.. which my Monk rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It appears a future store mount was leaked today. I personally hate the WoW store and refuse to buy anything from it but the mount does look nice.

uuuuuuuuu

calllllledddd

it dudddeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    So, it seems you're confused, here. There are several development teams at Blizzard for their different games. In the WoW department, the people making in-game mounts are the artists, which are not the teams that work on raids, pvp, balancing, bug fixes, story, etc. You're getting angry that a store mount is cute, blaming the entirety of Blizzard for not working on the things that need to be worked on, when those two things have absolutely no correlation, other than being in the same game.
    On one thing I agree with you: BfA is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and there are things that need to be fixed with it. But, mounts have little to do with that.

You've also moved your goalposts - your original complaint was that people thought the mount was cute, and that those that think the mount is cute should "go play a Hello Kitty manga eyes game" instead. Now, you have moved those goalposts to dislike the store in general. Which, as Raelbo so kindly pointed out, the store actually gives Blizzard more money to be able to get more resources to do things that players would like. Wrath of the Lich King added store mounts and pets, yet it is heralded as a wonderful expansion - MoP and Legion are remembered fondly by people as well. Cata, WoD, and BfA have all had their problems, but store mounts wasn't the reason that those expansions were boring or poorly written, as stated above.

But in the end I have to question your motives for these posts anyway, because your reasoning is all over the playing field here. Blizzard is a company, and you're angry and surprised by them wanting to get more money? Besides that, you do know that most of their store pets and mounts have had huge success in donating to charity in the past, right? You also know that the charity events for those collectibles usually come out when those mounts are released (when they're sold at the highest volume), right? Granted, they haven't done that with every single one of them - like this current one, admittedly. But it's absolutely false to say that Blizz is "only in it for the money" when so much money has been raised for charity through these cute collectibles, and the money that is kept later on is used for making better products in all Blizzard work.
    part1: you completely missed my point. completely.
    part2: i agree half. also here you derailed the point. besides the fact that artists can work on dungeons etc coming in future patches. the fact that they are different teams (ofc) do not change the fact for what blizzard is investing money, since time is able to be shifted and ppl not working on same stuff at the same time.
    part3: it seems you dont know how, when and foremost why giant companies do charity stuff. way too fanboyish here for me.

it seems to me that you can not or want not understand my point and the real problematics behind it. you are good in argumenting and you are straight. i like that. but nontheless i have the feeling all the motivation behind that is not logic but formeost blizzard fanboy‘ism. this discussion will lead nowhere and therefore respectfully i end it on my side. at least we were able to have a discussion on a discussion forum, which is ironically rare these days, instead just trolling each other, or just rant out an oppinion and come never back again

so, in respect, best regards and behave well.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-12-15 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    part2: i agree half. also here you derailed the point. besides the fact that artists can work on dungeons etc coming in future patches. the fact that they are different teams (ofc) do not change the fact for what blizzard is investing money, since time is able to be shifted and ppl not working on same stuff at the same time.
    Those things are paid for by these store mounts to begin with. Or what, you think money just appears out of the thin air and gets distributed to said artists and developers by Santa?

Blizzard has to do what a business has to do and compared to the likes of EA, it's pretty tame when it comes to WoW. A store mount once in half a year average won't be killing you, but it will help funding development of things you do want.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic - cool mount, I won't buy because color theme does not fit very well with my main gearsets and I'm one of those guys where mount is sort of part of my mog, but overall I like it a lot.

part1: you completely missed my point. completely.
    part3: it seems you dont know how, when and foremost why giant companies do charity stuff. way too fanboyish here for me.

it seems to me that you can not or want not understand my point and the real problematics behind it. you are good in argumenting and you are straight. i like that. but nontheless i have the feeling all the motivation behind that is not logic but formeost blizzard fanboy‘ism. this discussion will lead nowhere and therefore respectfully i end it on my side. at least we were able to have a discussion on a discussion forum, which is ironically rare these days, instead just trolling each other, or just rant out an oppinion and come never back again

so, in respect, best regards and behave well.
    Once again you're not comprehending what's being said to you. I have plenty of problems with Blizzard - had you read what I stated to you, you'd notice that I don't defend literally everything Blizzard does. But that's completely beside the point, because you once again seem to have no idea how these companies work. You also have no idea what a "fanboy" is - you mostly seem upset that someone is using facts against your falsehoods.

You're free to dislike the idea of store mounts, but once again, it's absolutely false to think that the money being spent on these mounts is going to only useless things. Sure, companies use charities for things like tax breaks - does that change the good the money does when 100% of the proceeds go to a charity at the height of the selling point for the store item? Am I a "fanboy" for being glad that Blizzard helps children with Make-a-Wish? If so, then I'm happy to be a fanboy in that regard. It's sad that you're not, then.

As far as me seeming to miss your point, well, sorry I guess? You had two completely different topics in two completely different posts that have no correlation. Perhaps say what you mean and mean what you say in the future.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.