Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The Alliance plays like that as well. The main difference between the factions is that the Horde has a slight map advantage (easier access to LM, blacksmith and easier to go between 3 bases)
    I've played a lot of AB both random and rated - As far as i can see there is no advantage to horde access to LM or Blacksmith.

It may feel like its a longer distance for alliance, but it really is not, You don't need to even cross the water (by water walking or amazing hopping skills) to interrupt capping of BS, just take the bridges. If there is a difference in trip time from starting gate to BS & LM flags, i can't say i've ever noticed it.

If you mean DH's trying to fast cap either base, something i've not seen recently but certainly was a thing. Well that's more a DH issue then a map one as either side can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Because the "horde tactic" pisses me off greatly...all 7 times i lost

It pisses me off how they move as one.
    It pisses me off they strive in numbers.

Im a solo player...so thats why im mad i think :S
    The reason why horde group up is that numbers matter. Alliance, generally join bgs on whims - to try stuff, mess about have fun, the queues are short, it does not matter too much and there is almost 0 reward (ok 8 conquest... whoop) to winning. Horde have to suffer nearly 20 minute queues - tends to focus you a bit more when you get in (casual observation) - hence they tend to be willing to work together a bit more to win.

Your best bet is finding people you like in a bg, whispering them, saying hello, and adding them to your friends list if you get on. Especially if they are a healer. I know you said you like solo play, but its so much easier if you can count on a couple of people in a bg, which in essence is a group game.
    Last edited by ilik2345; 2018-12-13 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    I've played a lot of AB both random and rated - As far as i can see there is no advantage to horde access to LM or Blacksmith.
    Since you have experience in rated AB...you think this is a good tactic for casual random AB's?
    I won a lot today but could be coincidence.

I still think this tactic is too complicated for random groups...

Coordinating 2 attacks at the same time? Random people? Yeah....not in a million years.

But hell, maybe people are doing it...i dont know.
    On the video seems like we were doing it still not sure

- - - Updated - - -

The reason why horde group up is that numbers matter. Alliance, generally join bgs on whims - to try stuff, mess about have fun, the queues are short, it does not matter too much and there is almost 0 reward (ok 8 conquest... whoop) to winning. Horde have to suffer nearly 20 minute queues - tends to focus you a bit more when you get in (casual observation) - hence they tend to be willing to work together a bit more to win.

Your best bet is finding people you like in a bg, whispering them, saying hello, and adding them to your friends list if you get on. Especially if they are a healer. I know you said you like solo play, but its so much easier if you can count on a couple of people in a bg, which in essence is a group game.
    I like the way you analyse things good and very well possible true observations

It varies

A general tactic would be taking ST, then sending delaying force to BS (no more then 3, usually 2 a healer + tank) - the main group (remeber in rated you only have 10 people) to take LM quickly with the hope of getting LM before the people at BS are killed. Ghosting ST to gain more people at LM or sending a lone dps to mine is optional.

But your tactics would vary on the oppositions makeup (and how sure you were of winning main fights)

When premade groups in non rated was a thing, my favourite tactic as a full 15 premade was 5 capping (yes full premades were horrendous to play against) wed cap ST ghost it, send 5 people to LM, 5 to GM 5 to BS, whoever got their base first moved on to Farm before hopefully it was capped -the others joined when they could leaving 1 to defend BS, LM, Mine. Most of the time, assuming it went well you got all 5 before horde got a single point. Happy times.

Now when playing with friends, we usually just take BS, then see where needs help :P
    Last edited by ilik2345; 2018-12-13 at 05:14 PM.

MORE PEW PEW LESS QQ and stop whining about the Horde....

Deleted
    It varies

A general tactic would be taking ST, then sending delaying force to BS (no more then 3, usually 2 a healer + tank) - the main group (remeber in rated you only have 10 people) to take LM quickly with the hope of getting LM before the people at BS are killed. Ghosting ST to gain more people at LM or sending a lone dps to mine is optional.

But your tactics would vary on the oppositions makeup (and how sure you were of winning main fights)

When premade groups in non rated was a thing, my favourite tactic as a full 15 premade was 5 capping (yes full premades were horrendous to play against) wed cap ST ghost it, send 5 people to LM, 5 to GM 5 to BS, whoever got their base first moved on to Farm before hopefully it was capped -the others joined when they could leaving 1 to defend BS, LM, Mine. Most of the time, assuming it went well you got all 5 before horde got a single point. Happy times.

Now when playing with friends, we usually just take BS, then see where needs help :P
    LOOOL

Your tactic seems unstoppable for a random BG.
    5 players to each base.
    No way in hell the other team can do anything about it that is true split pressure
    A random group stand no chance against that

Thanks for sharing tactics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    MORE PEW PEW LESS QQ and stop whining about the Horde....
    But im doing PEW PEW!
    Im winning most AB's.
    I posted an image with proof and a crappy video i made just now...on the other page
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-12-13 at 05:23 PM.

Its worth pointing out the tactic of taking 5 bases relied heavily on having 15 better players in both skill and gear :P

It may feel like its a longer distance for alliance, but it really is not, You don't need to even cross the water (by water walking or amazing hopping skills) to interrupt capping of BS, just take the bridges. If there is a difference in trip time from starting gate to BS & LM flags, i can't say i've ever noticed it.

If you mean DH's trying to fast cap either base, something i've not seen recently but certainly was a thing. Well that's more a DH issue then a map one as either side can do it.
    I mean either way, that's what most Alliance players think and that's why usually more Horde players go for BM than Alliance do. Most Alliance will usually just go for LM (while some are going for mine) and from then try to cap BM.

If any team zergs you can usually just completely avoid them and cap the flags at whatever base they're not at.

Deleted
    Swifty made a video talking about the horde tactic.
    im not the only one noticing

Arathi Basin is easy as Alliance if you go: 1/2 people to stables, split the rest between gold mine and lumber mill.

But people are still fighting on the roads, staying near the stables, rush with 1/2 other people to 10 hordies who are in the black smith...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Im Alliance so i have the luxury to play "specific battlegrounds" with 3-7min queues.
    You do realize Horde has access to merc mode, right?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    its like that since vanilla.

horde zerg from base to base and win.

it is the simplest tactic. it works. yet alliance cannot just DO IT.

though, i must confess with my alliance toons i usually win in AB, IoC, AV.

while on my horde i usually win in anything flag-related.

Deleted
    The whole magic of AB is to communicate with each other and call incs, 3-4 ppl can hold 1 base for 1-2 minutes which is enough for reinforcements to arrive. Hold 3 bases and call incs, thats pretty much it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
    The whole magic of AB is to communicate with each other and call incs, 3-4 ppl can hold 1 base for 1-2 minutes which is enough for reinforcements to arrive. Hold 3 bases and call incs, thats pretty much it
    This and try to play with 1-2 other people at least where you can coordinate CCs or capture a base. it's actually very easy to hold up many players like that.

The Horde are better at small scale BG's where tactics matter more, the Alliance are better at the NPC/Hivemind bigger battleground where they can use their brute force tactics to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    The Horde are better at small scale BG's where tactics matter more, the Alliance are better at the NPC/Hivemind bigger battleground where they can use their brute force tactics to win.
    Not entirely sure that is true, i guess it depends if you EU / NA and what role you play. As a Healer and occaisonal DPS in EU its much easier to win 10vs10 bgs then it is the 40's.

In my experience Alliance tends to do well early on and cap three bases, but they quickly get overconfident and abandon all their gains in a desperate attempt to get a forth base. This allows 1-2 Hordies to sneak around the back and gap ST or even LM. Horde then quickly consolidate those gains instead of fighting a losing battle at Farm, whilst most of the Alliance still desperately try and take it. We then spend the rest of the game slowly bleeding points.

Overconfidence from early gains leading into dumb mistakes has lost more games than Horde teams who just roflstomp from the first ten seconds.