Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Even if DPS was perfectly identical and such, people would still flock to the classes with better movement, survival, or other useful utilities. As long as those exist, ultimate balance is unattainable, especially in a world where M+ exists, which requires entirely different tools then raiding.
    That really depends if you play the game for the best stats or if you play it as roleplayer.

Personally I don't care which dps class does the most, or which healer is the best.
    When I play, I choose which character fits best to my fantasy of that class/race/spec.

I do understand that this can be difficult if you wanna do some heavy raiding, where stats do matter.

OT: Yes it is possible to have them exist. Look at WOTLK era. Classes did have uniqueness and balance was decent compared to now. But Blizzard just fucks it up with idiotic changes.

Pursuing complete balance is the worst thing a game maker could do, even less complex game like Street Fighter cant achieve what people would consider Balanced, meta will always exists.

Hell even Chess is not balanced because one side get to move first.

Classiccast had the class developer for vanilla on and he said something interesting. About how homogenization is a trap, the more alike the classes r the more tightly tuned they have to be since x class is basically a better ver of y. And uniqueness is the easiest way to balance a class b/c their numbers don’t have to be as tightly tuned.

Like balance Druid isn’t good in vanilla but u always want one b/c of the spell crit buff.