10+ Year Old Account

Loot drops for class not spec:

I basically did the weapon cache in Stormsong Valley and received a strength fist weapon, as a fury warrior, this had me a little miffed, so I opeend a ticket to clarify and got this response:

"Loot drop problem
    Status: Answered World of Warcraft Ticket Number: EU65284718
    7 hours ago
    Gudovan
    I received this item for completing 4 quests in Stormsong Valley, I have to ask is this intended?

I am a fury warrior, this item is useless for this spec and class. A fury warrior needs a two hander for most of its abilitiues, I can only assume that this is a bug or a mistake and not intended as this weapon type for a fury warrior is counter productive and not fit for purpose.
    5 hours ago

This ticket has been marked as Answered.
    5 hours ago
    Arxocronatox
    Hi Gudovan

I hope you're doing great. My name is Arxocronatox, and I've just seen your ticket regarding the Wintersail Striker you received as a reward.

I can confirm that this is working as intended. These rewards are awarded by class, not by spec.

However, regarding changing this mechanic so that rewards are awarded by spec instead of class, I think that is actually a really interesting idea. I really suggest posting a new thread about this on the official game forum:

https://battle.net/forums/wow/index

The advantage of this isn't just that other players can see it and offer their support and feedback, but also that the actual game developers are constantly checking the forums in search for player feedback and ideas precisely like this.

Also remember that for World of Warcraft specifically there is the option to submit feedback and ideas from the game itself directly to the developers: https://battle.net/support/article/21518

I hope I could clarify this for you Gudovan. and if you ever need help with anything else, you know where to find us ^^

Have a fantastic weekend!"

Now, unless my mind is a little foggy, didn't Legion quests similar to this offer gear for the spec not class in general?

I must admit I was pretty pissed to get a 370 strength fist weapon when I have 335 two handers equipped.

The response seemed a little off to me though.

Has anyone else been a bit annoyed receiving disheartening equipment like this?

It’s been for class for a while.

I had no idea strength fist weapons existed, let alone that prot warriors could use them.

And I believe that this is something that Blizz has talked about and are changing it to be per spec rather than per class. I'm not sure if thats coming in with this reset or if its coming in 8.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Now, unless my mind is a little foggy, didn't Legion quests similar to this offer gear for the spec not class in general?

I must admit I was pretty pissed to get a 370 strength fist weapon when I have 335 two handers equipped.

They actually just addressed this, it's not live until Tuesday however. https://www.wowhead.com/news=289733/...ow-in-season-2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siskokid21 View Post
    They actually just addressed this, it's not live until Tuesday however. https://www.wowhead.com/news=289733/...ow-in-season-2
    Ahhh that is interesting! I wonder why the GM was unaware also?

They get paid for customer service, not to know what happens in the game. I'm sure there are some GMs who play the game, but lots of them prolly dont look into all the upcoming changes even.

Yep, got a 370 two-hander on my protection paladin (currently using a 350+340 MH + shield). Good to see the changes coming.

No, in Legion, the rewards were also for "class", but you could see right away what it is, thus you could ignore it if you found it useless.

The thing is, THIS WAS THE CASE FOR BFA TOO, until in 8.1, they changed the rewards into these "caches".

As for the yesterday's "cache" - my enh shammy got a shield, my ret pally got a shield, my fury warr got a shield, my ww monk got an in offhand and my mage got an offhand too... which wouldn't be a problem, if I had a goddamn one-hand weapon to go with it.

Who thought changing the rewards into these "caches" was a good idea, I don't know. Just one more to the pile, lol.

Anyway, like it's been said, they're changing it, so it will be actually better than before. Which I can't complain about, really.

They may or may not have been aware of an upcoming change that doesn't change the fact you are stuck with what you got. This is the way it has been for awhile and still is until that change goes live so we are stuck rolling the dice for now and seeing what pops up. In a few days you can avoid this, until than you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    With change being most welcome, I wonder if the frequency of the weapon cache's availability will be more common?