Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    I play a healer, and the biggest problem with keeping people alive is when the fire beams have covered the entire room with fire and the mini-boss does his ability where he spins around and shoots fire. Everyone has to run in the fire on the ground and take a huge amount of damage, and because I also have to run around behind the boss to not get hit I cannot heal much during that time. Same is true for when the boss does that same ability and people have run through the fire shooting out from the walls. In general we have little problem with getting hit from the spinning around thing, it's just all the other stuff people are running in.
    Also some problems with people dying to the debuff before the cooldown is up for me to dispel the second one. First time is fine because I can Mass Dispel both, but the second one can get scary.

Saying that the fire is completely avoidable might be true in theory, but when the entire floor is covered in it and you have to run through it to not die from the spinny attack it's not to avoidable.
    The entire room shouldn’t be covered in fire at all. Sounds like you guys might be pushing really slow. You can also have immune/tanky classes stack fire on top of older stacks.

I’m a healer as well and I don’t pug but this was never an issue in normal or heroic. You either push faster so the room doesn’t fill up or you have people in your group place the fire puddles properly because I guarantee that isn’t happening if the entire room is getting covered.

If the entire room covers in fire from the fire beam you’ll most likely die anyway. That shouldn’t be happening at all. Group is either placing the puddles horribly wrong all over the place or you’re pushing too slow.

As for the debuff, you shouldn’t be the only healer on that side. I was on the right side with a resto Druid and resto shaman with no problem dispelling.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-01-28 at 09:10 AM.

Trying pugging H blockade? You're gonna have lots of fun

I play a healer, and the biggest problem with keeping people alive is when the fire beams have covered the entire room with fire and the mini-boss does his ability where he spins around and shoots fire. Everyone has to run in the fire on the ground and take a huge amount of damage, and because I also have to run around behind the boss to not get hit I cannot heal much during that time. Same is true for when the boss does that same ability and people have run through the fire shooting out from the walls. In general we have little problem with getting hit from the spinning around thing, it's just all the other stuff people are running in.
    Also some problems with people dying to the debuff before the cooldown is up for me to dispel the second one. First time is fine because I can Mass Dispel both, but the second one can get scary.

Saying that the fire is completely avoidable might be true in theory, but when the entire floor is covered in it and you have to run through it to not die from the spinny attack it's not to avoidable.
    No healing in the world will mitigate people failing mechanics. They just have to learn the encounter. Yes, sometimes it's unavoidble to move through patches on the ground or fire from the walls, but that damage is pretty much negligible. Heal proactive (healing circle, hots) when you know the "ultimate" is about to start. If people die, it's their fault, not yours. Period. Opulence really isn't that hard on normal, if you can't kill it, chances are you won't have much more fun with conclave and rastakhan either.

As i said, 80% of opulences difficulty is in the gauntlet/phase 1. Once you make it to p2 clean it's very hard to fuck it up, at least on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    No healing in the world will mitigate people failing mechanics. They just have to learn the encounter. Yes, sometimes it's unavoidble to move through patches on the ground or fire from the walls, but that damage is pretty much negligible. Heal proactive (healing circle, hots) when you know the "ultimate" is about to start. If people die, it's their fault, not yours. Period. Opulence really isn't that hard on normal, if you can't kill it, chances are you won't have much more fun with conclave and rastakhan either.

As i said, 80% of opulences difficulty is in the gauntlet/phase 1. Once you make it to p2 clean it's very hard to fuck it up, at least on normal.
    The mechanics once you get to the boss are very simple yes, but the DPS requirement is insurmountable at this time for us. Getting enrage at 65% boss health because every DPS is on adds constantly. When the first wave of adds is not dead by the time the second wave spawns there is no time to DPS the boss, so it is not dying. If the boss did not have an enrage timer I am sure we would be able to get it down once we manage to get there with everyone alive.

The mechanics once you get to the boss are very simple yes, but the DPS requirement is insurmountable at this time for us. Getting enrage at 65% boss health because every DPS is on adds constantly. When the first wave of adds is not dead by the time the second wave spawns there is no time to DPS the boss, so it is not dying. If the boss did not have an enrage timer I am sure we would be able to get it down once we manage to get there with everyone alive.
    I can guarantee you, if you don't have the DPS to beat opulence, you sure as hell won't be beating any of the following bosses. Yes, opulence is a step up from the first three bosses, which are probably severely undertuned on normal, but the second half of the raid is tuned properly and needs at least some coordination and execution.

The P2 adds on opulence just have to be stacked up by slows/knockbacks/massgrip/whatever and just cleaved down, if you have to focus them on normal, you're already doing it wrong. The boss can last a while if you fail to manage the buffs correctly (mostly topazes), but at no point should the dps be a problem for a group around 375-380 or whatever it is nhc is tuned for. And there really isn't any excuse for not having 380 going into the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    My group is having trouble with heroic mechatorque.. got it to 2% but it seems pretty tough on mechanics.
    From what i have seen mekkatorque is by far the hardest boss in the raid on heroic. Even if you manage the bots correctly there is still more going on than on most other bosses. Blockade on heroic is mechanically easier than normal since you can designate who gets the orb, everything else is more or less the same. Jaina is a breeze until last phase and you can exploit it with the living action potion. The second hardest boss for us was conclave, but probably just due to a bad strategy of timing kills that lead to nasty overlaps.

Well, I can happily report that we've killed Opulence now, and we got Conclave down in a couple of pulls without any issues. Had some pulls on Rastakhan and it does not seem that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I think the biggest reason why this boss could be a pug killer is because of the laser beam. There is no indication atm from addons or the stock blizz ui that tells you if you are fixated or not by the laser. I'm sure there is a weakaura that will tell you but not everyone is going to have that. The only way you can tell otherwise is just by eyeballing it. Mix that mechanic with a melee heavy pug and it's going to bring hell.
    Do you have this aura? I was trying to make one yesterday but couldn't figure it out.